[LPF] Bats in the Belfry

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ausk lifts up the lid of the chest with a spear to reveal...

[sblock=Contents]
CSiiTreasureChestAntiqFlatW.jpg

[sblock=Just kidding]
treasure-chest-1.151213517.jpg

[/sblock][/sblock]

The group barely notices that the eagle flying about above them has encountered nothing.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Ah, there we go! Now what is with the bats, I hardly think they had gold fever, maybe the magic of the chest? Though from the symbol you would think birds..." The summoner shrugs, "Well looks like my eagle has not encountered anything, let me pop up and double check."

He hands Ausk his weasel back and heads up through the trapdoor glancing about cautiously...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The tell-tales of the detect magic are still present as Ausk lifted the lid and magic could be detected still about the area of the chest.

[sblock=OOC] One minute duration. And not an exact science there is magic here. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
It takes Maia a few moments, but she realizes that there are people in the group who have bandages that weren't there before, or bloodstains on their clothes. She goes to each, intending to be useful for -something- before the night is through.

Though her healing is unquestionably magic, it's unusual for divine magic. She sings quietly, a simple, sweet melody that despite being in a foreign tongue seems maddeningly familiar. It's the lullaby your mother hummed while rocking you to sleep; the impromptu victory song your team burst into when you made the winning score; the hopeful music that only you could hear when you spotted your first love across the way. A she sang, Maia's hand glowed from within, as if her very bones were shining powerfully enough to be seen through muscle and skin, and became outlined in a thin white flame. The touch of the flame was soothing though, and when it faded; when Maia removed her hand, the wound she touched was gone as if it had never been.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Izzik waves Maia off, "No, I only got nibbled, we are not sure we are done yet and I would rather you had some more juice in case I really get munched on."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Izzik reports after a moment that the Belfry indeed looks clear and that there is no signs of bats in the small area containing the large bell.

Meanwhile Ausk rummages through the chest with a little help from the others and finds not only gold, gems, and jewels. He also finds four small potion vials and a small gray bag that looks to be full of dust.

The group calls down to Xan to let him know of the great find and the halfling's smile can be seen from far below.

Suddenly the front door of the bell tower opens and in comes Leonion and Heather followed by the curly haired man who had first came to the Dunn Wright talking of bats. The stop short of the messy pieces of bat lying about the floor.

"A patrol came by and took into custody the Tengu gang members." And then looking over at Rizo he says. "And Rizo here came running up on us not a block ago saying something about it was almost time and we needed to get to the tower quickly, so here we are."

"Yes, yes" croaks Heather sending Leanan to flapping from where the crow sits on her shoulder. "Now will you tell us what is so urgent."

Rizo looks anxious and starts for the stairs, "Time! Yes it's time," he says calling up to where Izzik sits inside the trapdoor his feet dangling down on the ladder. "The campanae! You must ring it! Ring it now! It is midnight!"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Izzik searches about for a rope or hammer, and once he spies it begins ringing with childish glee. He rings it twelve times, one ear pressed against his shoulder and his left hand pressed against the other.

"Twelve o'clock and all's well. Bat's dead, treasure found, feeling swell!"

sunshadow21

Explorer
Ausk will have his flail ready and be watchful of this person who seems to think that the bells need be to rung, just in case this is some kind of trap.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Rizo climbs the stares as the bell tolls out the midnight hour. After the twelfth tone dies down he stands at the top of the landing looking highly relieved.

"Thank you, thank you." he says to everyone as Izzik pops his head back out the trap door. The little round man looks around and his eyes widen at the hole in the wall that hid the chest. "What happened there?" he ask and then seeing the overflowing chest he asks, "What is all that?"

Remove ads