• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] From Whence None Return

jkason

First Post
"Oh, goodness, it's shy!" Weel declares as Maui seems to find a hollow spot. "I really should have known. I mean, all this flash usually means someone's distracting. Poor door is just nervous about people, so he dressed up the room."

Weel starts to tromp over to he spot Maui's found, calling his tools back into existence again in anticipation if the way is locked.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo holds his breath without realizing it . . . . . He slowly puts his bow and arrow away and grags his longsword - not sure if his rapier would be in danger here.

Satin Knights

First Post
Maui wades into the slimy water and starts feeling around the door. About the time that Weel joins him to examine the door, Maui finds a trigger release and pushes it. With a click, the door unlocks and swings open. Well, most of the door. There seems to be two foot ledge to step over that would be holding the water back and in this room.

The next room is dry and lit with two of the crystals in the ceiling that have been seen before. This long hallway contains three sarcophagi arranged down the center of the floor. The floor, walls, ceiling and the sarcophagi themselves are completely covered with a layer of dull brown fuzz. A door in the eastern wall at the south end of the room provides the only exit aside from the secret door Maui just opened. The air here is unnaturally cold.

[sblock=Status]
70/74.AC 21 M12 ~ Maui ~ MA 312r, LS 3910r, DPaS 414r, Light 4702r, DPoison 4739r ~ just 1 STR drain
50/50 AC 26 L12 ~ Taniwha ~ MA 312r ~
77/79 AC 20 O11 ~ Vincenzo ~
64/85 AC 23+3 L11 ~ Weel ~ MVest 4512r, IronWeap 530r, LB 531r, SoF 33r, Levitate 58r ~
51/51 AC 17 M10 ~ Menik ~ MA 1877r ~
38/38 AC 23 O12 ~ Lem ~

The spiked grates are indeed difficult terrain.
The yellow light crystal is overhead.
Red circle=grappled
Blue circle=prone
blue X=unconscious
red X=dead[/sblock][sblock=Map]
map37.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui shudders as the cold air washes over him. "Gah ... Maui does not like te feeling I have" he shivers. His eyes narrow on the 'brown fuzz' that covers the sarcophagi, and he furrows his brow as he struggles to remember if he has seen anything like that before. As he thinks he glances out the corner of his eye at the sarcophagus in the room filled with fake treasure and then his eyes dart to the three tombs that stand before them. "Maui not like this at all!" He bars the way not allowing anyone to enter until he has arrived at a conclusion about whether he knows what the brown stuff is or not.

Kn Nature 1d20+9=28

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ugh, moldy. Maybe we should burn it?" suggests Vincenzo. He gazes about wondering what is causing the cold to be, wondering what kind of architecture would allow such a freeze n the middle of summer and in a swamp.

knowledge: engineering 1d20+9=21

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Weel takes heed of Maui's trepidation and holds his position. Whatever off-center interpretation the North Islander may have about what's going on, for once he's keeping mum about it.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem moves into the room while slapping his own arms in an attempt to stay warm. "Brrr... it's chilly in here. I wonder from where that cold draft is coming?"

OOC: Move Lem near sarcophagus at L30.

jbear

First Post
Maui grips Lem roughly by the collar and moves him away from the entrance. "Wait ... te brown fuzz ... Maui knows this..."

[sblock=OOC] Don't know if Lem's entrance is deliberate, but I stated that Maui would block anyone trying to move past in any case, and I think Maui is more than quick enough to do so.

At some stage something is going to come out of the sarcophagi, surely. Entering before we get info is dangerous. And Maui is going to drop a spell or two and change shape before entering, so please hold back until we have the info and I get a chance to do that. Not to mention Menik has had a chance to do some detecting of his own.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads