Level Up (A5E) Monster preview thread!

PauloR

Explorer
Cant wait for W for the wraith. I want to see if it's attack add strafe. Strafe seems very detached from combat and integrated only to journeys. Maybe that is intended, but a strafe (which in my head is despair) inducing attack is cool.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Cant wait for W for the wraith. I want to see if it's attack add strafe. Strafe seems very detached from combat and integrated only to journeys. Maybe that is intended, but a strafe (which in my head is despair) inducing attack is cool.
I want to see if its terrifying again

Darkwynters

Explorer
Back in the day, 1st and 2nd edition wraiths were horrifying. 5e ones are wee babes… nothing was more scary than level draining. Darkwynters sits in his rocking chair, speaking of the olden days

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Back in the day, 1st and 2nd edition wraiths were horrifying. 5e ones are wee babes… nothing was more scary than level draining. Darkwynters sits in his rocking chair, speaking of the olden days
3.5 wraith were still pretty terrifying by dealing con(?) damage with touch attacks too. I'm in a frostmaiden game where the druid fighter & cleric were sleeping with catnap with just the wizard & sorcerer awake when the gm threw out a wraith, one player literally said "whatever just burn it down so we can finish the rest"

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Q is for.... wait, there is no Q. Instead, in place of Q, let's post the contents page! As always, this is a sneak preview of a preliminary draft work-in-progress, and will change.

Notes --
  • All plural monsters will get sub-entries added to the ToC; some have them so far, but not all.

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 11.17.30 PM.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
3.5 wraith were still pretty terrifying by dealing con(?) damage with touch attacks too. I'm in a frostmaiden game where the druid fighter & cleric were sleeping with catnap with just the wizard & sorcerer awake when the gm threw out a wraith, one player literally said "whatever just burn it down so we can finish the rest"
I can't wait to show off the wraith. Especially the wraith lord...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases