Character Creation --
The Basic Creation Information
Ice Horn Seas provides random and private games that follow the set creation rules:
1) Abilities: Old characters from real time games keep current scores. New characters use 32 point buy.
2) Starting level is FOURTH at 6000 XP and 5400 gp to buy equipment.
3) Allowed Books: PHB, DMG, PHBII, Unearthed Arcana (by permission and item only), Complete Books, Expanded Psionics, Races Series (wild stone, dragon), Tome of Battle:BoNS, Complete Adventurer.
Bloodlines & Paragon Classes
Two sets of rules, both well-balanced and both from the SRD.
Bloodlines - the ability to give your character some of the feel of a monstrous race without the need for a template or level adjustment. Bloodlines give abilities as you gain levels, avoiding the issues of both early glass jaw and early power accumulation of level-adjusted races. It's a neat rule, and one I've used often.
Racial Paragon Classes - While bloodlines give your character the feel of a supernatural being, racial paragon classes give your character the feel of being the embodiment of his base race. They're three-level classes and balance well with the rest of the system, and, again, are a rule I've used often in my own games.
4) Max HP for all dice.
5) Alignments: No evil. If you have an old alignment from the real time game change it over to a regular non evil DnD alignment.
9) Please observe all house rules.
10) The text node sheet is the only acceptable character sheet for the game.
11) Regular character sheet updates must posted as a reply to your character thread in The Mignor Company so that we have a running record of every sheet you have had and every change made to your sheet.
12) Unlike the old campaign we are no longer using the Death & Dying rules. WE will use the standard -10 hp and your dead.
Ice Horn Seas uses Porthia, a home brew game world. The world offers several new classes, deities and races. Check out the rest of this board.
There may be real time games in tandem with the play by post. More will be explained on how this will work but teh basic idea is that its nice to meet in real time and have some games if possible as well. Less importance will be placed on these real time games as they are strictly for fun only. It will not hinder your character development compared to others. Game times are random and posted on these boards in advance. Ice Horn Seas uses a pool of players (from the PbP ranks) and characters so attending every session is not required. Game when and as much as you can. Creation uses the the rules on this board and characters can be submitted to The Mignor Company. If your new or don't have a players handbook see http:/www.d20srd.org/ for more game information.