• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Rystil Arden

First Post
Legildur said:
Is a Wand of Lesser Vigor and option? Nahlia could use that (assuming she comes with us). It is more 'efficient' at recovering hit points, just not in a hurry in the middle of combat :)
(OOC: I dislike Lesser Vigour and its ilk--they don't exist in this world. As for wands, if you would like a wand, why don't we say that Shan disappeared mysteriously, leaving his gear behind. You can thus sell his stuff and maybe get enough for a wand)

Legildur

First Post
Blunt scratches his bald head some more as he thinks. "I say we buy the horses and get moving," he says. "Now I couldn't find Shan this morning, but I did find this," he says, holding up a thin wooden baton about 10 inches in length. "And this," he adds, holding up a piece of paper. "It's a note from Shan. 'Friends, please forgive me in leaving you like this, but I've heard my calling. I know that you face great danger ahead, as do I, so I have left you this token to aid you in your road ahead. Your friend, Shan." :heh:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Shan's belonging sell for 120ish gold. Including Kel's 43 gp, you would be perilously close to enough for the wand but not enough, I believe because you didn't find the secret compartment back in the underground passage in Thresk in the room where you found Nhalia tied up (you didn't find that one, right? I don't see any of that treasure on anyone's sheets, so looks like no). You could still get horses and then a decent number of scrolls, or try to see if the church of Sehanine Moonbow will let Nhalia owe them the last small amount of gold)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Legildur said:
OOC: Maybe Nhalia knows someone at the church :)
(OOC: Does someone want to go with her and try to make a Diplomacy check? It would be to buy a wand instead of horses (since they have nearly 750 if not for horses). Or you could send her off if you like and I can just report her success/failure. Also, you could just get horses and several scrolls (maybe one scroll with 8 copies of CLW on it?) and go there faster but with less healing.)

Boddynock

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Shan's belonging sell for 120ish gold. Including Kel's 43 gp, you would be perilously close to enough for the wand but not enough, I believe because you didn't find the secret compartment back in the underground passage in Thresk in the room where you found Nhalia tied up (you didn't find that one, right? I don't see any of that treasure on anyone's sheets, so looks like no). You could still get horses and then a decent number of scrolls, or try to see if the church of Sehanine Moonbow will let Nhalia owe them the last small amount of gold)
Hey RA, Kel found something in a secret compartment there: treasure. We must have overlooked it in the confusion of getting out of the place.

Now, from memory, we used the gems at the inn where we rested up after the encounter in the warehouse, and used the spare cash to buy equipment to get to the city, but we should still have the potion.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Aha, hence the genesis of the 43 GP on Kel's sheet. I thought you guys had found that compartment, but I've run this campaign enough times that it all was blurred for me :eek:. If you sell the potion, you will have enough for a wand straight up!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads