• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

jkason

First Post
((OOC: I'm on vacation from tomorrow to Sunday, so I won't have much of a chance to check threads; NPC Titus if needed. Also, seemed a good chance to bump this one; I've almost lost track of it since Subs went down. ;) ))

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: D'oh, looks like this was waiting on me to push north--I missed the endorsement from Titus because it came in an OOC after a question about subscriptions :eek: I'll definitely continue this soon (except I always forget to do that if I'm the last one who posted in a thread, so someone post after me if you see this) )

Legildur

First Post
Blunt breathes deeply of the air just north of the city. Although the air was not substantially different, the thought of the open road, and travelling once again, seems to make it 'taste' better.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*On the road north, the group encounters a merchant caravan, a peddler, and a traveling halfling cleric of Yondalla named Kaylee. after a little over two weeks, they see the mist and trees on the horizon.*

(OOC: You can RP with any of the random non-combat encounters if you like. Otherwise, let me know of any precautions for traveling through the forest. Journeying will take place at 1/4 speed and visibility is extremely low the deeper you get due to the heavy mists that cling to the trees)

Legildur

First Post
Blunt wants for nothing, so the passing merchant caravan holds little interest to him. Similarly for the peddler, but he'll not prevent the others from doing business with these sorts.

The halfling cleric, however, is more interesting, and Blunt nudges Sulannus into raising the topic of the cult.

jkason

First Post
Titus Farrab, human ranger

Seeing that Sul is either too tired (or, he has a hard time believing, shy?), Titus tries his hand, rough as it is.

"We've heard that Night's Embrace was destroyed in the forests ahead. The elven clerics think them more an eyeblink of a nuisance, and the human clerics don't seem to have kept good records. If you don't mind: what do the halflings know and remember about them?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I dunno, I think the records of the humans were pretty reasonable)

"Night's Embrace? Well, the halflings helped with the alliance that defeated them. In fact, one of the heroes sent as an elite team to defeat the cult's leader was the most powerful High Priestess of Yondalla, Imrue Lightfeather. Like the rest of her group, she perished, but she died a hero, as the team was successful at destroying the cult's leadership, and the cult pretty much collapsed after that attack."

jkason

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: I dunno, I think the records of the humans were pretty reasonable)

((OOC: More than, actually. I was just fumbling for an angle to get the halfling take on things, and figured it couldn't hurt to present things so the halfling felt his kin were the most knowledgeable. ;) ))

"Same as back in the city," Titus whispers to his group. "Looks like we're somehow the only ones noticing the activity."

(OOC: Not sure if anyone else wants to probe further. If not, Titus is ready to enter the forest.)

Remove ads