• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus does ask the priestess another question, "Can you give us directions to where that final battle took place? I know I would love to see such a famous location with my own eyes."

Legildur

First Post
Blunt bows slightly to the priest. "Thank you. May your travels be safe," he says. And with final farewells bid, Blunt turns his smooth head to the north and stands there, staring into the far distance as he leans slightly on the quarterstaff. Looking around to see if the others are ready, he starts striding into the distance towards the scene of the battle.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Titus Farrab, human ranger

Rystil Arden said:
"Oh, it's in the forest to the north. Big place. Lots of mist. Can't miss it!" Kaylee replies cheerfully.

Titus chuckles softly despite himself and returns Kaylee's smile. "Good travels, lady," he says, joining Blunt to turn north toward the forest.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Cool. If you're done with Kaylee, I'll direct you to the following from 1184 (this is probably why I thought I didn't need to post yet)--

1184 said:
*After a little over two weeks, they see the mist and trees on the horizon.*

(OOC: You can RP with any of the random non-combat encounters if you like. Otherwise, let me know of any precautions for traveling through the forest. Journeying will take place at 1/4 speed and visibility is extremely low the deeper you get due to the heavy mists that cling to the trees)
)

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Titus Farrab, human ranger

(OOC: I don't know that Titus takes any special precautions, other than probably making sure his weapons are at the ready and his ears are perked up. Anyone else?)

Legildur

First Post
"We need to stay close," says Blunt, as he hefts his quarterstaff. "Get separated here and we might never find each other," he adds.

"Titus, my frrend, can you find the centre of this place with no landmarks to guide you?" [ooc: I'm thinking Survival skill here]
ooc: At least three of us have respectable Listen/Spot modifiers, which will no doubt come in handy very soon.
ooc: And shouldn't Sulannus be 2nd level?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Is Sul almost done yet? In the meanwhile)

*Titus thinks he should be able to keep the group going in a straight line in a reasonable fashion unless he screws up, but the problem is that a straight line at the wrong angle won't necessarily reach the centre of the forest--if you think of the forest as a circle (though it is more like an oval), you can imagine many straight-line paths that cut across the circle without touching the centre.*

Legildur

First Post
"Or maybe we need to trace the outside of the forest until we find a path leading in?" Blunt suggests as he strokes his chin. "Bound to be one if it was a centre of some sort. A track would improve our rate of movement."

Remove ads