• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It was a secret, though, right? They probably would have hidden any trail instead of making an obvious path. Could we triangulate the vicinity of the centre or something?"

Legildur

First Post
Blunt looks to Titus to see if his friend has any answers. "Is there a known geographical feature in the centre?" he asks. "Certainly there will be nothing to see in the distance being a forest and with all this mist."

jkason

First Post
((OOC: Sorry. I could have sworn I already posted this...))

Rystil Arden said:
*Between his geographical knowledge and the material in the library, Titus remembers that there is actually a large hill or mound in the centre.*

"Should be a hill in the middle, I think," he says, "I suppose we can head at a guess for the middle and look for upward slopes. If we keep heading to higher ground, even if we don't find the middle, maybe we'll get high enough to see it."

jkason

First Post
Titus Farrab, human ranger

Shayuri said:
(does Kel have a familiar? One that can fly, perhaps? :))

((OOC: That would be lovely. If not, Titus will do his best to follow a straight line to what he guesses is the center, amending the path to follow higher ground as he can.))

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nope, he never got a familiar, I believe. Now that we have the actual working version of Sulannus, I guess we're ready to go--)

*Titus attempts to guess the general direction of the forest's centre, and he leads the group into the mists. They stay in tight formation so they can see each other despite the clinging mists. They travel for hours, and the mist only grows thicker. Suddenly, Titus spots a glimmer of movement up ahead, and then...a form of shadow and malice leaps from above and unleashes a frenzied whirlwind of hatred, claws, and fangs. Titus is immediately knocked unconscious, bleeding badly, and Blunt is badly hurt.*

(OOC: Titus acts in the surprise round but drops before his Init

Titus takes 19, Blunt takes 7.

Init Order--
Kel <---- We Are Here
Blunt
Nhalia
Enemy
Sulannus
Titus)

Legildur

First Post
Blunt reacts quickly to the assault, and although wounded he swings his quarterstaff at the beast with a powerful overhand swing (power attack for 1, +4 at 1d6+8) to try and save his friend Titus. (ooc: if possible, he'll maneuvre, 5ft step, to prevent Sul firing through cover or to try and set up a flank position with Kel). HP 9/16.

Remove ads