No Longer an Interest Check - 5E Rise of Tiamat + Corebooks PBP - OOC

tglassy

Adventurer
I made him an Eye of Gruumsh, because of his high stats (When I rolled the second time). So he only has one eye. Jeremy Crawford said he wouldn't impose any penalties if the character was used to mono vision, which he would be, but we can talk about that if you want. Also, I'm flipping between Folk Hero as a background, from saving the villagers and being known for helping them, and having the Acolyte background, being an Acolyte of Gruumsh and being recognized as an Eye of Gruumsh by other Orcs. I don't know how that would play out if we wind up fighting other Orcs. Both, oddly, have the same bonus to gold, so that's ok. I'm going to look for equipment later, so I've just added the 600 gp here. I'll think about the background. I was honestly going to go Outlander, but we've already got one of those. Not that that's a big deal, but may as well diversify.

I think Keth might have some interesting interactions with Ana, once they meet. When I was reading it, I thought maybe they could have been from the same town, but after getting to the end of Ana's background, that's not likely. Though it would be interesting to tie the Orcs that killed her town to the ones that raised Keth...

Name: Keth One-Eye
Race: Half-Orc
Background: Folk Hero
Class: Druid (Circle of the Moon)

HP: 48
_: 1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7
1D8+3 = [6]+3 = 9
1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10
1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10
1D8+3 = [1]+3 = 4

AC: 18 (14 Scale Mail + 2 Dex + 2 Shield)

Str: 17 (15 + 2 Race)
Dex: 15
Con: 16 (15 + 1 Race)
Int: 15
Wis: 18 (16 + 2 ASI)
Cha: 14

Proficiencies:

Skills:
Intimidation (Racial)
Animal Handling (Background)
Survival (Background)
Perception (Class)
Nature (Class)

Tools:
Herbalism Kit
Land Vehicles
Smith's Tools

Armor and Weapons:
Light Armor
Medium Armor
Shields
Clubs
Daggers
Darts
Javallins
Maces
Quarterstaffs
Scimitars
Sickles
slings
Spears

Languages:
Common
Orc
Druidic

Racial Features:

Darkvision: 60 ft
Menacing: Intimidation Skill
Relentless Endurance: Drop to 1 hp instead of 0 once per day
Savage Attack: 1 extra dice with criticals
Languages: Common, Orc

Background Features:
Rustic Hospitality
You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.
Skills: Animal Handling, Survival
Tools: Smith's Tools, Vehicles (Land)

Class Features:

Spells: 10 prepared
Spell Attack: +7
Spell Save DC: 15
Ritual Casting
Druidic Focus

Wild Shape: 2/day for 3 hrs; up to CR 2 Beasts (No Flying)
Combat Wild Shape: Can Wild Shape as a bonus action
Primal Strike: Attacks in Beast Form count as Magical.

Spell Slots:
1st: 4
2nd: 3
3rd: 3

Cantrips:
Druidcraft
Mending
Thorn Whip

Spells:
Meld into Stone
Dispel Magic
Conjure Animals
Water Breathing
Pass Without Trace
Enhance Ability
Beast Sense
Goodberry
Animal Friendship
Detect Magic

Equipment:
Druidic Focus
Explorer's Pack
Scimitar
Shield
Scale Mail
Smith's Tools
Shovel
Iron Pot
Common Clothes
600gp

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Also, if we wind up in the Homebrew world, then I can change what needs to be changed. I just like the Orc lore in Volo’s Guide.

I like leaving some mystery to the DM, so things like whether his power actually comes from Gruumsh, or comes from his mother, whom he doesn’t know. Anything from his mother’s side is up to the DM, if it means anything at all. Also, who the dragon is as well.

I had a thought that Keth could even be related to Ana in some way, since he doesn’t know his human mother, and she would have done something impressive to warrant a treaty with an Orc tribe. That might be an interesting twist, considering how her village was killed. Conflict is fun. If they’re siblings, it could be that her father died fighting orcs, and maybe her mother fought off the Orcs when he fell or did something impressive during the battle and the Orc War Chief offered a treaty, they would leave the land and its people’s alone in return for her providing a child. That would make Keth Ana’s slightly younger brother, and would give somewhat of an answer as to where she gets her battle prowess.

Or not. That’s just my brain trying to make connections.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ashur

main-qimg-9c8bf9033732e30007b233be3ea5d96e.jpeg.jpg

Ashur was raised on a farmstead by his parents with three siblings. He had a relatively happy childhood, exploring the forests near his home hunting for game and foraging for extra food for the family. He was 16 when raiders attacked his family home; his parents and brother were slain but his sisters were taken by the drow raiders as slaves.

Anger burned in Ashurs heart and he gathered his war spear and set off after him, but as it turned out he was not the only hunter. A bounty hunter known a Brand the Hunter was also on their trail and he quickly spotted the young man and the two teamed up. The two managed to attack the raiders encampment and freed Ashur's sisters and several other prisoners.

A year later, both sisters married and left the farm and Brand came to offer Ashur a job. He needed some extra muscle on a hunt and the two set off.

For over five years they hunted all manner of creature and villain until they ran afoul of a green forest dragon. In the battle Brand died but Ashur managed to escape. The young warrior, now a feared hunter in his own right, set off on his own adventures. Hoping one day he may be able to avenge Brand.

Race: Human; Class-Level: Ranger (Hunter); Background: Outlander
Alignment: Neutral; Proficiency Bonus: +3
Passive Perception: 13; Passive Investigation: 13
Hit Dice: 6d10 +18; Spent HD: None

Strength: 18 (+4); SAVES: +7; Athletics: +7
Dexterity: 14(+2); SAVES: +5; Acrobatic: +5; Stealth: +5
Constitution: 16 (+3)
Intelligence: 10 (+0); Investigation: +3
Wisdom: 11 (+0); Perception: +3; Survival: +3
Charisma: 9 (-1)

Combat
Speed: 30 ft​
Initiative: +2​
AC: 17 (Breastplate+ Dex + Fighting Style)​
HP: 58/58; TEMP: 0​
Dagger: +7 1d4+4 piercing (20/60)​
Glaive: +7 1d10+4 slashing​
Sling: +7 1d4+4 bludgeoning; Range: 30/120​
Proficiencies
Languages: Common, Elvish, Orcish, goblin, draconic​
Tools: Pipes​
Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields​
Weapons: All simple and martial weapons​

Race: Human
Ability Score Increase: +1 to Str and Con​
Language: Common, Goblin​

Background: Outlander
Skills: Athletics, Survival; Tools: Pipes; Language: Orc​
Origin: Bounty Hunter​
Wanderer: You have excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.​

Feats
Polearm Master: Bonus Action attack (1d4+4 (B)), Reaction attack if foes move into threat area (10ft with Glaive)​
ASI: +2 Str​

Class: Ranger
Favoured Enemies: Level 1 and Level 6.​
Advantage on Survival and Int checks for favoured foe.​
  • Elf and Human: Language Elvish
  • Dragon: Language Draconic
Fighting Style: Defence (+1 to AC whilst wearing Armour)
Natural Explorer: Mountains and Forests: Whilst travelling for an hour.​
  • not slowed by difficult terrain
  • cant become lost except by magical means
  • remain alert for danger even when tracking
  • alone can move stealthily at normal pace
  • forage: find twice as much as normal
  • tracking: learn exact number and how long ago.
Primeval Awareness: Can you spell slot to find out if certain creatures are in the area.​
Extra Attack: You can attack twice when you take the attack action.​
Hunter: Colossus Slayer (extra d8 damage to wounded enemy once per round)​
Spells Known: Hunters Mark, Longstrider, Darkvision, Pass without trace​
Spell Slots: Level 1 (4); Level 2 (2)​

Equipment
Breastplate
Sling
Sling stones x20
Daggers x2
Glaive
Crowbar
Potions of Healing x2
Waterskin
Traveler's Clothes
Backpack
Bedroll​
Pipes​
Mess Kit​
Tinderbox​
Whetstone​
Waterskin​
Food x5​
Rope, Hempen 50ft​
Belt Pouch (19gp, 6sp)

Total Weight: 86.4
5x Strength = 90

Last edited:

I had a thought that Keth could even be related to Ana in some way, since he doesn’t know his human mother, and she would have done something impressive to warrant a treaty with an Orc tribe. That might be an interesting twist, considering how her village was killed. Conflict is fun. If they’re siblings, it could be that her father died fighting orcs, and maybe her mother fought off the Orcs when he fell or did something impressive during the battle and the Orc War Chief offered a treaty, they would leave the land and its people’s alone in return for her providing a child. That would make Keth Ana’s slightly younger brother, and would give somewhat of an answer as to where she gets her battle prowess.

Or not. That’s just my brain trying to make connections.
Ana's village was not destroyed by orcs. Just her farmstead, her step-father, her boyfriend, and her 8 siblings whom she has raised since she was 12. She slaughtered the orcs who did it in a mad frenzy (aka rage). That is how she gets her battle prowess. Her father and mother died when she was 4 and 12 respectively so I'm not sure when either of them had time to have Keth.

Even if Ana is unaware that her father sired a half-orc. There's no way Ana would be "open" to the concept of an "orc" step-brother. She loathes orcs. She doesn't kill them outright in cities and towns because other people frown on such behavior.

If she has to work with an orc, she will do so begrudgingly. But she will probably not be friendly to Keth initially.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ana and Ashur both have orcs killing farmsteaders as a part of our background.

Ashur became a bounty hunter as a result. Maybe they met in passing ?

Also. Ashur would have no problems with orcs. His bounty hunting had taught him that every race has its bad and good eggs.

Last edited:

That is possible. I really don't have any idea what kind of adventuring she may have done except she was probably never a soldier, the whole no armor thing doesn't work with soldiering. Probably after your Brandon was killed, as well.

I haven't put a lot of thought into it because we don't know where the story takes place yet. There are lots of places to adventure in FR without soldiering at all.

tglassy

Adventurer
Ana's village was not destroyed by orcs. Just her farmstead, her step-father, her boyfriend, and her 8 siblings whom she has raised since she was 12. She slaughtered the orcs who did it in a mad frenzy (aka rage). That is how she gets her battle prowess. Her father and mother died when she was 4 and 12 respectively so I'm not sure when either of them had time to have Keth.

Even if Ana is unaware that her father sired a half-orc. There's no way Ana would be "open" to the concept of an "orc" step-brother. She loathes orcs. She doesn't kill them outright in cities and towns because other people frown on such behavior.

If she has to work with an orc, she will do so begrudgingly. But she will probably not be friendly to Keth initially.

Oh, I would expect nothing else. It would have been a stretch, in any case. I’m just looking at the backstories and seeing lots of similarities that could be used to tie them together.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
So, here's Robyn Two-Penny so far
Robyn Two-Penny
Male Half-Elf Cleric 6
Medium humanoid, chaotic good

--------------------
Armor Class 18 (breastplate, shield)
Hit Points 45 (6d8+12)
Speed 30 ft.
--------------------
STR 12 (+1), DEX 16 (+3), CON 14 (+2), INT 12 (+1), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 16 (+3)
--------------------

Feats War Caster
Saving Throws Wis +7, Cha +6
Skills Deception +6, Insight +7, Medicine +7, Perception +7, Persuasion +6, Sleight of Hand +6
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 17
Languages Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Actions
--------------------

Light Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 80 ft./320 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 piercing damage.

Mace. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.

Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature.
Hit: 2 bludgeoning damage.

Equipment breastplate, Light Crossbow, Mace, shield, 2 blocks of incense, alms box, backpack, blanket, candle (10), censer, disguise kit, forgery kit, healer's kit, holy symbol (amulet), potion of healing (3), pouch, rations (2), tinderbox, vestments, waterskin, 207 gp, 5 sp

Remove ads