No Prebuff - Round 1 - Damage Rankings

delph

Explorer
Any ideas on what level to build for next?
it could be anything. level 2 is well-going for Vuman War cleric, because he gets awesome feature in 2nd level. But many other classes have a good class feature on 3rd level. But 4th level will have feat (ASi) "for everyone" not just variant human...

Esker

Hero
Well, we've done builds for every other tier, so how about tier 3?

Level 11 Human Battlemaster: Archery Style, 20 DEX, Magic Initiate (Hex), Sharpshooter, Action Surge, Precision Attack

6 attacks x (3.5 + 5 + 10 + 3.5) = 22 / hit
2 * 3.5 = 7 add'l damage / crit
0.65 + 0.10 - 0.25 + 0.05 * 5.5 = 0.775 to-hit

6 * (0.775 * 22 + 0.05 * 7) = 104.4

(I know, technically you could run out of superiority dice before you run out of attacks, so the actual number but it's pretty unlikely (about 3% chance), wouldn't change the result that much, and accounting for it exactly makes the math a lot more complicated)

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog

Level 11 Human Battlemaster: Archery Style, 20 DEX, Magic Initiate (Hex), Sharpshooter, Action Surge, Precision Attack

(I know, technically you could run out of superiority dice before you run out of attacks, so the actual number but it's pretty unlikely (about 3% chance), wouldn't change the result that much, and accounting for it exactly makes the math a lot more complicated)

Personally I'd go ahead and remove the estimated 3% to make it 101.3

FrogReaver

Just curious, why a 3.5 damage weapon?

FrogReaver

Oh, hah, because I started out with Xbow Expert, then realized Hex was better for the nova metric. So switch that to a longbow.

It also will be pretty easy to add in +5.5 damage from damage maneuver on hit. That actually ups your damage considerably.

delph

Explorer
I had one idea for 2nd level, but found I'm short in bonus actions.

VHuman Rogue, feat Charger -> move dash + attack action by BA +5 dmg, than cunning action, another dash, but hasn't next bonus attack (when I was founding it, I thought its "as part of dash you can make attack") ...

so have 2d8 + 16 (and if there will by some companion 2d6 by sneak) will be great, but now it's not. so hot...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases