• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Pathfinder: Second Darkness

Theroc

First Post
Hm... I've already got a Pathfinder fighter in another game, so I'm thinking I'll try out a rogue. Just noticed that the rogue's been tweaked a bit more than I originally though, so it should be interesting.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I'm not opposed to paladins. I just wasn't sure how one would mesh with a party of druids, barbarians and rangers. I'm not sure how he would get along with the monk but I imagine not too bad. A rogue would be a good addition.

On stat rolls you can go with whatever you like. Some of the others went with rolling 2d6 +6 to each. Is that right?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Background. I tied it in with WD, hope you don't mind. I think it's good that the characters have at least nominal knowledge of eachother:

The skullwardens were those who performed the burial rituals and watched over the tribal burial grounds. Lately the bones had become unusually restless and this was upsetting the organisation. Something was disturbing the dead and the dark clouds gathering in the horizon bore the mark of doom. A young warrior and skullwarden, Lyra Wailwind was tasked with travelling to the city of Riddleport, to investigate and to seek guidance from the temple of Pharasma (Maybe the more formal kin of faith had some insight). The druids living closer to the city seemed agitated too and so she started by asking their help. She was directed to a half-orc who had been sent forward with the same mission and should arrive in a tavern called Gold Goblin soon. So Lyra took a room and waited...

Description:

Lyra is a young human with impressive looks. Standing nearly 7 feet tall she towers over the men of civilised folk but she is nonetheless a beautiful woman. She wears practical clothing made of furs and leather from the mountains, as well as an armor etched with scarabs and roses, the symbols of Pharasma's favor. As a Skullwarden she is a faitful of Pharasma and knows the proper rituals of both burial and birth. Her hatred for undead is unparalled and she will not hesitate to go after them with blade and spell.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
No, don't mind :)

Hmm... I might need some suggestions on a feat. It's been so long since I last played a cleric and I'm not sure I've ever played a barbarian. Since PF lacks Divine Metamagic, I just can't make an effective choice. Do I take some heavy handed combat feat or is there any good feats for clerics?
Selective channeling is great, but requires cha 13. Will you go more barbarian, cleric, or balanced?

Aeson

Strike back or the channeling feats would be good. Strike back would be good for any melee type I think.

Theroc

First Post
At the moment I'm debating between leaving things up to chance and rolling the 2d6+6 method, or using the Epic Fantasy point buy.

Rolling is faster, but I also tend to have bad luck with rolls. (The RNG gods do not favor me.) Is there a threshold where you would allow re-rolls, Aeson? I believe the standard 3.5 had a threshold where if your total modifiers were under a certain number you could reroll.

How would you handle this? (Just in case I get really unlucky and roll 8's and 10's for everything)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Strike back or the channeling feats would be good. Strike back would be good for any melee type I think.

Yeah, except you need BAB +11 for it :p. And I just realised I can't take channeling feats either. My both feats are lvl 1 feats and my 1st class is the barbarian so I don't meet the requirements at that time :D Well well... Got to think about this. Might take just some basic combat feat like quick draw or imp. init...

Or maybe I'll take proficiency on the Bola :D

EDIT: Well, weapon focus is never a bad idea so I'll go with it.

Last edited:

Aeson

I'm glad I checked in before bed. Man is it way past my bedtime.:-S

I guess I need to look at the feat closer I didn't know it was +11 bab.

Is there a way to show the poor rolls as well as a 2nd reroll? If you feel the first ones are bad enough you can reroll the whole thing over once. You're stuck with what you get unless I decide the 2nd roll isn't going to work. How about that?

Would it be better if the in character stuff is pushed back until Monday? I just want to make sure everyone is ready and has their character the way they want it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads