D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I am hoping to accumulate some better gear for them in the future. Shields and swords maybe. Not sure if there would be any penalty to them using martial weapons, but basic skeletons have a higher dex than strength, hoping to get them a finesse weapon beyond a dagger.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I am hoping to accumulate some better gear for them in the future. Shields and swords maybe. Not sure if there would be any penalty to them using martial weapons, but basic skeletons have a higher dex than strength, hoping to get them a finesse weapon beyond a dagger.
How easy are they to repair or replace?

Since it looks like the mountain paladin is not going to be joining us (still hoping though!), a bit of canon fodder will be nice...

gargoyleking

Adventurer
They are pretty fragile and mord can only make so many each day. Going to have to carefully monitor dagger charges actually. One mistake and if could basically overload and fry itself. He'll probably keep them close to him for personal defense more than anything.

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus has a Passive Perception of 19 due to proficiency and the Observant Feat. Does that mean he just passively knows they're undead without having to try, or does he still have to roll? it'd be like "Why does he have three undead guys following him?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Primus has a Passive Perception of 19 due to proficiency and the Observant Feat. Does that mean he just passively knows they're undead without having to try, or does he still have to roll? it'd be like "Why does he have three undead guys following him?"
If his siblings had paid sufficient attention they might have told him of the dagger's effect and noticed Mord pocketing it shortly after completing the Identification ritual.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Does he? I couldn't tell what any of his skills were when I looked at him. But if his PP is 19, then yeah. He can "smell" the undead on 'em. Besides, he just got in from the Shadowfell. They probably seem okay to him.

Does he have Darkvision?

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn's 15 is pretty good ... but 19 passive perception is *really* high. Kalorn knows that something's wrong with those 3, Primus can probably deduce what type of undead they are just from looking at how they walk.

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus has a 12 wis, giving +1. He’s proficient in Perception, giving +3. That’s a +4 to normal Perception rolls. And he has the Observant feat, giving +5 to passive. That’s +9 altogether. And Passive Perception is 10 + any Perception bonuses. So...19.

He can have Darkvision when he’s Focusing on his Third Eye Discipline. He can also use Power Points to get tremor sense, X-ray vision or true sight.

The new Psion class that they are working on pretty much did away with the entire Mystic class structure. Once they come out with a workable version, I’ll be changing him, so who knows what he’ll be able to do at that point. But for now, he’s the best parts of all the Genasi siblings.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Oh I wasn't asking you to justify the score, just commenting on how good he was (sometimes "tone" is hard on a forum, sorry!). It would make sense that a mystic has highly developed senses.

Kalorn is just wary - been ambushed a few times. He can sort of see in the dark/invisible creatures with his familiar.

I guess the real question is how Sesto will react when he catches on...
[MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION]: clearly I don't have a high perception score since I don't remember much about where that dagger came from (maybe it was a part of the adventure where Mord and Udit weren't together?) or how it works. Does it need corpses for replacement, or victims?

Remove ads