D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Greetings!
Sesto comes back after paying his dues to Lathander at the nearest temple. Unfortunately, he also had to help out with a small outbreak of a mysterious illness (similar to knobrot) before he could return to Imani’s quest. Sesto is ready to go.

OOC. I will post an updated version of Sesto shortly. SnorLoska has been kind and lent Sesto his Spellguard Shield, as long as Sesto will return it intact (is this ok?). So, it is lvl 8 and we get 400 gp to start with, and one uncommon item? Anything else?

Sorry for not keeping in touch but I had a job change and had to relocate too. I’m settled in now and should have time for this sequel.
Big life changes, I hope that it works out for the best.

I will be happy to have Sesto at our side.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto is posted in the Rogue Gallery. Let me know if you have trouble seeing the attached files.

There is not as much backstory as some of you have provided but, hey, it should be enough.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Almost ready. We just need Windspeaker [MENTION=4550]hbarsquared[/MENTION] and Mord [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION] in the RG and we are good to go. I will continue getting prepped. I will probably write the intro tomorrow if I can find the time.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The three kids interrupted their frog catching efforts* as they heard the rumble of a cart in the distance. It was a utilitarian affair - the study, no-nonsense kind that a small merchant or farmer would have used, pulled by a single mule. But the cart driver caught their attention - that was no merchant. A wide-brimmed hat, a black cloak despite the sun, the hilt of a long blade visible, hauberk underneath.

The hat tilted up. Blood-shot eyes peeked from under the brim, a pale, gaunt, ill-shaved face.

"BOO!" the man shouted. Two of the kids fled screaming. But one, a girl, held her ground. She crossed her arms and jutted her chin.

The man smiled, stopped the mule. "Kid! Where's Imani's Tower? The sage of Hap?" The girl pointed at a country lane.

"Catch!" the man replied, as he flicked in her direction a fat copper piece. The girl caught it, looked at the man again, and turned around to find her friends. The man's thin smile faded, and he urged the mule onward.

A short while later, the cart arrived at the tower. "Well at least that half-wit messenger got that part right" the man muttered as he heavily got off the cart, armor jingling. He surveyed the area as he belted the sword to his waist, and hitched the mule to a post.

"No trouble from you", he glared at the mule. The mule glared back. "You better hope we don't run out of rations".

He adjusted his cloak and as he did so, a small shadowy shape fluttered out. "Sooty, take a look around". He walked the small rise to the tower, one booted foot dragging, a hand on his sword hilt, the armor reaching past his knees.

He reached the door knocker, banged it three times. There was no immediate answer.

"Bloody wizards..."

*I'm assuming it's summer, adjust if the season is wrong :p

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sorry, been hard for me to sit down and work on a post. My laptop's on the fritz and I don't know where my books are. Hard to keep track of 3 apps and input info into at the same time for some reason.

Remove ads