• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
I'd like to keep going and move it along if we can. The way I see it, you have two good choices right now:

1: Clockwise. Follow Lorenn. Kill some Kobolds or sneak past. Head for Maccath at 9.
Or
2: Counter-clockwise. Same (as far as kobolds go). Head for 14. Talk to Ice-Toad Queen.

Someone please decide. You are literally standing around in an ice box ATM.

Fradak

Explorer
Sorry guys. I'm back home recovering from a surgery. I suppose I have a lot to read. I'm doing it right now. Thank you for your patience.

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
That you are heading south? Yeah, I saw it way back then, but I didn't want you to get too far away before I found out if anyone was following you, or if you'd turn around after Kalorn contacted you. I'll let you find out what is in the bottom right corner of the map before anything else happens!

tglassy

Explorer
Primus can put a Wall of Force at the entrance where the Kobalds are coming from. Then he could use his Mind Thrust to pick them off from safety, until they broke the barrier. Or he can cut off the Kobalds in the back so we only focus on a few at a time. I might do that second one, unless someone else has an idea.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Divide and conquer is almost always a winner.

2 important questions:

1: have we had a long rest since the fight with the wights and giant skeletons?

2: are the kobolds unfriendly or clearly hostile?

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
1: You had a short rest on the ship. Otherwise you've been trekking up and down the Iceberg all day. I think only Sesto actually rolled Hit Dice, but I knocked off a few on each character and gave you full HP to save back-and-forth.

2: They'll be hostile as soon as they see any of you.

gargoyleking

Explorer
Mord is down a few HD. Also, Wall of force right at the edge of the blackness. Watch them fight to get through it as they're simultaneously freezing and melting. EVIL!!!

gargoyleking

Explorer
Better to end it quickly and move on. Maybe Mord can come back later and make skelly minions.

4 charges wouldn't be too much of a drain on the dagger for a disposable distraction force.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I'm more worried about that Troll - Kalorn never got to attune properly to that sword (it takes a long rest for a hexblade) and well... I didn't think he would be the only tank. Ah well, we will prevail!

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
I'm more worried about that Troll - Kalorn never got to attune properly to that sword (it takes a long rest for a hexblade) and well... I didn't think he would be the only tank. Ah well, we will prevail!
In case I haven't made it 100% clear - the Troll is very very far away from anyone other than Lorenn. He left the party split by continuing on on his own. The two maps are not in any way attached.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
In case I haven't made it 100% clear - the Troll is very very far away from anyone other than Lorenn. He left the party split by continuing on on his own. The two maps are not in any way attached.
Oh I know - but I doubt that Lorenn will go mano a mano with the troll. He just might run away and have the troll chase him all to us :p

(or something else, Lorenn *is* resourceful. He might *hire* the troll for all I know :D )

Advertisement