D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I'm slightly concerned about [MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION] 's absence. Not only are we out of a tank, I know that he runs lots of games...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ill be honest, I can’t wait for them to release the next version of the Mystic. It looks like it’ll be a lot more balanced. This “I can pretty much do everything” is a little OP.

It's the only thing I don't like about your Mystic characters. It's a pain as a DM to ask a player, "What are your abilities?" and have them answer "Whatever I want them to be!" That's... great... but I still don't really know what you can do. I mean, I doubt that *you* will remember three weeks from now whatever you picked on any given morning. (Sometimes the same day can take a month or more in PBP) I *know* I won't remember!

So... we'll assume that he did some psychic prep on the riverbank and 'borrowed' a riverfolk's paddling ability. I'll put him with Mord and the extra Mordguard and leave it like I've got it above. (Except Mord is being the deadweight in the Middle and the 'guard is paddling).

tglassy

Adventurer
There's supposed to be a lot more prep involved, and keeping track of that. It's why I like Warlocks. Two slots, few spells, few invocations. It's only complicated as you're creating him, once he's worked out, you know what you can do and when.

So lets do this, I'm going to make a template to put at the end of all my posts. It'll list my current power points and my current skills, as well as where I got them. And my current Focus. And I'll list when I switch focusses, and if I don't specify that I change my known skills, then I didn't. The last play test of this was all over the place. Let's do this one right and keep track of all those little things.

tglassy

Adventurer
I'll use this template:

OOC: HP: 59
AC: 12 (16 with Inertial Armor)
PP: 44/44

Str: 8
Dex: 14
Con: 14
Int: 20
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

Skills: Insight, Perception, Arcana, History
Breadth of Knowledge: Acrobatics, Athletics

Current Focus: Nomadic Mind: Vehicles (Water)

I'll post this at the end of every post of mine, updating as I go. It'll help me, too. I can look up my disciplines when I need to, but this way I know what skills I have at the moment, my stats for rolling and such, and my current hit points and AC. Inertial Armor, by the way, is like Mage Armor, in that I have to activate it and it lasts 8 hours.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Fhew! That's an enthusiastic round. I hope you like my crazy encounter. I'll start to work on resolving the round ASAP. Might take me awhile... lots of moving parts. I'll run Zander as an NPC until (hopefully) EB returns.

BTW, without any other instructions, I assume that the Mordguard will paddle (as long as the other occupant of their boat paddles). They can't really follow anyone else's instructions other than Mord's, but he probably told them something to the effect of "Paddle with the other paddler. Stop when they stop. Steer with them when they steer." They follow instructions well as long as they are not much more complicated than that.

...Though now that they have Water Walk, I guess Mord could tell them to draw weapons and attack. (That will still take them some time to accomplish, probably). In fact, nearly everyone is going to have to waste some time with getting ready, I suspect. Keep it in mind, at least. Getting out of a kayak should work like standing from prone, in case you are not sure.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sounds about right. Honestly, Mord may just instruct them to paddle for the nearest shore anyways. I don't see them being particularly useful in this case. They're more of a 'stand between me and the bad guys' kind of thing. Or at least, that's how I see them.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Standing from prone (which takes half your move) as an approximation for getting out of a (bloody) kayak sounds very fair to me.

Mord's spell will buy us some time for sure, esp with a web mixed in!

Last edited:

Remove ads