D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
That took me WAAAY too long. I'm gonna have to figure out how to speed that up. There's a reason that I usually break it up into two PCs at a time. It's too much work to do a whole round at once. Let me know if I made any glaring errors.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
We should focus the giant crocodile - will shatter also hit it? Good move either way, time to do it while they are bunched up.

The Ego Whip is a great move, I'm sure that thing's int save is terrible. There is something Kalorn could do but since he doesn't know what the effect is he won't.

Errors: I think Kalorn took the wrong damage - he should have taken half that because of bladeward. It doesn't matter anyway, since he's about to refresh his temp HP, so no harm done (literally hahah).

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Speaking of which, I've been having a heck of a time moving my icon around. Seven Lizardfolk, a platform, a web spell, and my original croc was made up of parts, because for some dumb reason I thought it would look better that way. It's taking me forever to futz around with the map. I've spent even longer now making a new Icon for the critter.

Have you tried using a rpg mapping app? They usually work well and can export a picture/screenshot that you can post. And the players and critters are png files and therefore support transparency and nothing is "hidden" underneath them.
MapTool (https://www.rptools.net/) is a free rpg mapper with a lot of punch and, sadly, a steep learning curve. Still a good choice.
Master's Toolkit (https://arkenforge.com/) is an affordable (US$30) mapper still in development. However, it's quite easy to use... drop your map in and place your imported critter pictures (does not yet support tokens). Then it will be easy to move around the characters etc.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You can always break it up anyway. Take the first two posts, resolve them, then the next two, resolve them, rense, repeat.

That's how I usually do it when I get behind the posts. I made the mistake of thinking I should change it and just get the whole thing done. It's not that it will really save me any time, but I can do a bit, get some other stuff done, do a bit more, and eventually finish. It also stops me from getting confused quite as often, which happened here a few times. I guess it does save a bit of time flipping back and forth between pages, and trying not to screw up any cut-and-paste jobs. It's just cleaner, I think.

I do *try* to get my resolution posts in-between posters, but I've failed to do that lately. Either way, I'm gonna get back to doing a few people at a time. It's just easier. Plus, it makes more sense as to where the monsters have gone.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
We should focus the giant crocodile - will shatter also hit it? Good move either way, time to do it while they are bunched up.

The Ego Whip is a great move, I'm sure that thing's int save is terrible. There is something Kalorn could do but since he doesn't know what the effect is he won't.

Errors: I think Kalorn took the wrong damage - he should have taken half that because of bladeward. It doesn't matter anyway, since he's about to refresh his temp HP, so no harm done (literally hahah).

I'm not familiar with Bladeward. You're gonna have to make sure you make that kind of stuff extra obvious to me.

It should. Mord could even have centered the spell under the structure if he'd wanted to. Just to make life difficult for it.

Yup. It might not burst the straps that hold the thing on, but it sure would give the Lizardfolk a jolt.

Also, should I be rolling for the skellies?

No, but you should tell them what to do. (You don't have to be too specific, just give me a basic idea what you want them to do.)

Have you tried using a rpg mapping app? They usually work well and can export a picture/screenshot that you can post. And the players and critters are png files and therefore support transparency and nothing is "hidden" underneath them.
MapTool (https://www.rptools.net/) is a free rpg mapper with a lot of punch and, sadly, a steep learning curve. Still a good choice.
Master's Toolkit (https://arkenforge.com/) is an affordable (US$30) mapper still in development. However, it's quite easy to use... drop your map in and place your imported critter pictures (does not yet support tokens). Then it will be easy to move around the characters etc.

I haven't. I've done pretty well, considering I use MS Paint and Excel (now Libre since my Excel decided I didn't buy the licence), haven't I? Thanks for the links, I'll check them out. See if I find it more or less annoying to figure out.

Remove ads