D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I feel ya. I guess I just didn't realize at first, how much of my magic would be wrapped up in 2 slots per short rest and a whole lot of EB spam.
It's funny how they say that the warlock is an easy class to make - is it? There are a lot of moving parts and yet not a lot of resource. Your invocation and cantrip choices are key IMO - you want those "tricks" as back up (beyond mere EB spam).

I may have mentioned this, but I'm very amused that Kalorn is sort of sneering at the necromancy, and his level 6 hexblade ability is well, pretty necrotic...

Some people have said that said ability really doesn't fit the hexblade (why isn't is something more "fight-ish"?). A second attack would be more boring but would fit better, and you would then have an evocation free (thirsting blade) to do something else with... but I think I'm ok with this. It sorts of make sense - the hexblade does have a bit of a necromantic overtone (shadow of moil? armor of agathy?) and it also would make sense that the hexblade's raven queen influence would result in a more "spirit" like type of necromancy.

I know that we'll never reach that level (level 6 spell), but if he had, Kalorn would so be a user of Soul Cage...

tglassy

Adventurer
I’ve been gone a few weeks but it looks like everything’s going pretty well.

If we lvl up, Primus gets an additional Discipline and access to his highest tier abilities. Things like creating a gate that transports anything that goes through it up to a mile away, and an AOE that targets Int and does 8d8 damage and stuns everything in a 20 ft cube.

I’ll probably take Telepathic Contact next. It lets me hold conversations with up to 6 people in my head at once, and let’s me try to take over enemy minds.

tglassy

Adventurer
So Primus can change one Saving Throw Proficiency and switch out 2 skills after the long rest. I usually keep Dex Saving Throws, but Wis might be a good idea. Not sure what Skills would be useful. Any ideas?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Well if we do face the dragon, fear and breath weapon are what are worrisome...

Re trolls: I don't think we can take a decision until we speak to our objective (Maccah - sp?). I just hope she's not in league with the Cult...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So... I don't know if I got an actual consensus - are you stopping at the troll's cave, as you agreed to with them, or continuing on past it to go find Maccath yourselves? It could be a trap (or at least, the trolls could have changed their minds about helping you) or, you could anger them if you don't follow up on the plan.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hope I'm not making life too hard on you Fitz, figured including him in the conversation might give us more to work with in the end.

No, that's fine. I kind of like writing dialogue for Imani. Just don't expect him to solve all problems for you. If he could do that, he wouldn't have hired you lot.

Remove ads