D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Way I see it we have two choices going forward:

1: We send the trolls after the cultists through the "main" entrance to the lair and the party goes in the "back" and goes after the dracolich. This has the benefit of easy logistics and less characters to run. Might not be as fun as:

2: We split the party (or at least some of it,) into two groups and run two fights, one with the dracolich, and one with the cultists. Everyone who wants one can have a troll to play on top of their character. The boss-troll would want to go in the group going after the Dracolich anyway, and it might be hard to convince him to go for option 1. We could still do it, and he could cram his way down the 'back' entrance with the party, but then the Trolls would be semi-leaderless and less trustworthy, unless a PC or two goes with them. This is obviously much more complicated and will take longer to run, but it could be fun. We could run it even IF we want to keep the whole party together and just use trolls, but I've got less excitement for that.

As you've probably been able to tell, I have little-to-no aversion to logistically complicated encounters. It's up to you. What do you think?

tglassy

Adventurer
Hmm. Primus is practical. He’d want to send the trolls to the cultists and attack the dragon himself. We’ve had a long rest, right? I don’t think he’s used any of his power points since, so he’s all ready to go nova on the dragon. We’re gonna need to hit the dragon with all we have if we’re gonna have a chance at defeating it.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord could go with either route. Honestly. Having 3 troll sized bodies try to squeeze through the back entrance might be problematic. He could go in with the trolls and we can aim to either pin down cultists or possibly take them out quickly and pincer the dragon between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I think the two group plan is the best idea, it sounds like the cultist fight will be a lot more close quarter so we'd be best with Alhana in the dragon group.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Okay, so far we have multiple votes for two groups and it looks like

1: Alhana, Primus, Kalorn, Loklafd, Lorenn, Sesto, Sesto's Kobolds & Oggsbruff (the Troll Captain) vs Icy Death
2: Mord, his Troll Skeletons, Troll Sergeant, & 5 Ice Trolls vs Wyrmsoul Arrufel & Dragon Cultists

Any changes anyone wants to make? I plan to run both bits in the same thread, in case people want to run from one fight to the other. This will be logistically insane, but those of you who've played my recent Scourge of Daggerford fight will have an idea of what to expect.

It will probably be fun for each of you if you pick an NPC to play in the fight that your PC is not in, but that's voluntary to say the least (also I could be wrong and maybe it's better to stay focused on the group you're in, as opposed to having to post for both fights. Let me know what you think.)

Remove ads