D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Huh? Where's that? <Looks> Oooooh. I like it.

It would change the flavor of Kalorn to be a level 3 Rune knight instead of Eldritch knight, but hot damn. Hill giant rune for toughness, enlarging himself for more damage... that vs a few spells? (mind you, the few eldritch knight spells are super defensive)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@Fradak. I went back-and-forth in my head about it, and I read Feather Fall to see what I think is the design intent. I think they worded it the way they did so that you can use it to save someone who fails during an obstacle challenge, but not so you can use it to bypass an obstacle entirely (like what you're suggesting). So I'm gonna have to agree with the design and say "no" to modifying it so that my obstacle is meaningless.

Of course, no-one seems to want to GO, so I'm gonna have to push everyone by moving on without them. Apparently everyone is waiting for someone else to try it first. That would cause Oggsbruff to get impatient, so I guess he'll go...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
@Prickly Pear Are you gonna roll for the Kobolds or do you want me to? They get advantage (like the crampons) because of their claws, and my idea was that they are tied together - if three out of five make it, then they eventually make their way down. If three out of five fail, then they all slide off the edge after Sesto.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The adventure calls for Scrags, which are aquatic trolls. I thought it was more fun, what with our changes from Dragon-to-Dracolich to make them undead versions of the Ice-Trolls. The Dragon would drown Trolls that annoyed him, and now that he's a Dracolich, has raised them to a new type of minion. I decided to call them Skraggs, just to differentiate but keep it clear to me who they represent.

@Fradak Did you want to use that Feather Fall to rescue Sesto and his Zombies? One of them wedged itself, so your five targets should work to save all six creatures, if you want to do it.

@Ancalagon @tglassy I've already rolled the round once without your input. Can you get rolls (or some other plan) in for Kalorn and Primus to get down to the rope? (I assume Oogabooga just moved forward with the pack of trolls)

Remove ads