D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

tglassy

Adventurer
Not necessarily. The Help Action is just helping. Only for a Rogue does it need an ally within 5 ft of the enemy. Help is just Helping. You could say the Familiar Helped by giving him the exact location, using its eco location.

Just a thought. I’m not the DM.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ah, now I know why some of you with familiars play so fast-and-loose with the Help action.

Not by the rules, I'm afraid:

HELP: "You can lend your aid to another creature in the completion of a task. When you take the Help action, the creature you aid gains advantage on the next ability check it makes to perform the task you are helping with, provided that it makes the check before the start of your next turn.

Alternatively, you can aid a friendly creature in attacking a creature within 5 feet of you. You feint, distract the target, or in some other way team up to make your ally's attack more effective. If your ally attacks the target before your next turn, the first attack roll is made with advantage."

I've often let it go, because I'm not much of a rules lawyer, but you need to be adjacent to help in attacking.

tglassy

Adventurer
I stand corrected. The only one I’ve done with this is with Titus and Morwin, and I do typically have him near the enemy, but I wasn’t aware of the distance requirement.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Hey, it occurred to me while I was thinking about resolving the round (still need Lorenn, though) that Kalorn was looking through Sooty's 'eyes' (echolocation) when we'd left him last. I'm not great with the rules on familiars, but I think that means he would not have had the disadvantage from the dragon being unseen. It's nearly right below Sooty. So that first EB would be a Crit, and the second a hit. Am I right?

Edit: No, the first rolls would be the ones that count... so no. Oh well.

Technically the first rolls are 19 and 20 :p But thanks!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just waiting on Fradak, though Charwoman Gene has two saving throws to roll, too. I'm Itching to finish the round. (Apparently @mentions don't actually "call" the person anymore. They just post a link to their profile for the rest of us. Silly.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases