(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin is very much the manipulator. He's more liable to charm his enemies and sow confusion in the ranks than much of anything else.

Squirrels are evil!

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Also, I'm actually not seeing a specific requirement for the perform skill for bards. I'd like to instead take something more to the character of the character. History maybe... Thoughts?

River Song

Explorer
You could be a member of (or a rival of) the Hardcheese family. Their name is a bit silly, as is the name of their Happy Cow Tavern:

The Happy Cow Tavern:
The Hardcheese family of strongheart halflings has run the Happy Cow Tavern, a homey alehouse, for generations. The drink is cheap, the pace is slow, and the talk is about farms and farming. The Hardcheeses run a large dairy operation and own various pieces of good farmland around Daggerford that they rent out to tenants. These farms provide the tavern with the cheeses that gave the halflings their family name and the other simple staples served at the Happy Cow. The Hardcheeses are well known for their generosity, and they are happy to lend money to folk they know. Their bar serves as a bank to most of the farmers of the region, much to the consternation of Lady Belinda Anteos of the Sword Coast Traders’ Bank.

... but I sometimes like to play against the obvious and make them more interesting (or at least deeper, than the obvious).

Or you could be a bit silly. I don't mind silly, as long as there isn't too much of it.

I like that, I will take it. :) Mr. Hardcheese will be quite a serious fellow I think, I have a couple of wacky characters and need someone a little more "normal".

We look like having a few rogue(ish) types so just to allow us some variety I am planning on having Mr Hardcheese to be a master locksmith and cook extraordinaire, any problem with expertise in cooks tools or something along those lines?

I know it is not very sensible from a combat focus but with this many rogues we can have some fun.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Sounds good. Perhaps a cousin who normally lives in Waterdeep or elsewhere, but is visiting.

I usually imagine PCs as the "People who step up when trouble starts." They can be anyone, really, but they step up.
cool -- I'll be ready by tomorrow night.

eayres33

Explorer
I feel the need to over commit myself but do not have a great idea of these story lines, I know nothing before 5E, first is there still room, second what is the general theme/atmosphere of these story archs

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Also, I'm actually not seeing a specific requirement for the perform skill for bards. I'd like to instead take something more to the character of the character. History maybe... Thoughts?

Absolutely. You get three musical instrument proficencies as a bard that by the rules, don't stack with perform anyway, so if you're performing a musical act you'd only roll one or the other anyway, and that's even assuming you want to perform anyway. Maybe you're just not that kind of bard. Feel free.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
We look like having a few rogue(ish) types so just to allow us some variety I am planning on having Mr Hardcheese to be a master locksmith and cook extraordinaire, any problem with expertise in cooks tools or something along those lines?

I know it is not very sensible from a combat focus but with this many rogues we can have some fun.

Expertise in cooks tools sounds pretty sweet to me. This sounds like it might wind up being a party that doesn't always hack-first. I have no problem with that.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I feel the need to over commit myself but do not have a great idea of these story lines, I know nothing before 5E, first is there still room, second what is the general theme/atmosphere of these story archs

I know how you feel regarding over commitment. I feel the same way. As far as I know, there's still room. I haven't done a head-count yet.

The overall theme is "Stuff is going on in the places around Daggerford that will (and may already) threaten the city if nothing is done about it. Lots of stuff is going on. It may all be connected. For various reasons, these are the people who step-up and do something about it."

I'd like this one to be generally heroic, but I would like depth to the character motivations. (Within reason, PBP is not the best venue for depth. - It doesn't have to be huge writing sessions, but I'd like some thought be given to why your character does stuff.)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I know how you feel regarding over commitment. I feel the same way. As far as I know, there's still room. I haven't done a head-count yet.

The overall theme is "Stuff is going on in the places around Daggerford that will (and may already) threaten the city if nothing is done about it. Lots of stuff is going on. It may all be connected. For various reasons, these are the people who step-up and do something about it."

I'd like this one to be generally heroic, but I would like depth to the character motivations. (Within reason, PBP is not the best venue for depth. - It doesn't have to be huge writing sessions, but I'd like some thought be given to why your character does stuff.)
LOL. Profit!

Adventure, loot, load up cart, go back to the city and sell at a massive profit. Rinse, repeat. Also, morals optional, but appearing heroic is good for business.

Squirrels are evil!

Remove ads