(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It would really make it easier if everyone declared reactions and common triggers for them up front.

Well, ideally, sure. But no part of PBP is ideal. Actual mistakes happen more/just as often as legitimate corrections. Still, I find the ghosting players to be the worst part of PBP. By comparison, having to occasionally fix a communication SNAFU to be easy-peasy.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Calling it ghosting makes it sound deliberate. It's just takes priority of ENWorld for most people.

Well, I wouldn't quite mean it that severely. I find it frustrating, in that I feel like the tiniest effort of "I quit" would not be too difficult. I mean, obviously these games aren't important in the grand scheme of things, but basic communication would be just plain polite. On th other hand, I understand that that's not how modern people roll, and that's fine. I don't judge. I don't hold any grudges. Anyone who ever played any of my games is always welcome back, like family.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
That's one of those unfortunate things about the internet. When people fall off the grid you never know why, or even just if they're okay. I've been online for over 20 years and it's always confusing and frustrating when somebody just goes daek on you.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I try to pre-post any reactions I might need (Op Attacks and Absorb Elements). No reason you can't pre-roll Cutting Words or Bardic Inspiration with the trigger "When it would work." So you don't waste it on something that it isn't needed for. Knowing the AC are useful, thank you. :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I try to pre-post any reactions I might need (Op Attacks and Absorb Elements). No reason you can't pre-roll Cutting Words or Bardic Inspiration with the trigger "When it would work." So you don't waste it on something that it isn't needed for. Knowing the AC are useful, thank you. :)
I would NOT accept 'when it would work' as a trigger. You have to specify something you can define without DM meta-knowledge

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm sorry gang. For some reason I thought we were waiting on someone, and it turned out to be me. I'd have resolved this round a long time ago if I'd realized. Thanks for keeping up!

Remove ads