Picard Season 3

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I kind of felt that there were three Bond models; Connery (suave but physical), Moore (charismatic and ruthless), and Craig (thug in a suit). The last seemed more book accurate, to me.

I hear you, but I go with two. I think Connery was also the thug in a suit to a certain extent- obviously, constrained somewhat by the times, but for that time ... he was considered a more physical, rougher take.

The reason I think it is conflated is because Bond is always going to be suave - Daniel Craig can wear a suit (or tux) and knows his way around a gaming table. And Bond is always going to be physical- it got a little ludicrous due to age at the end, but Moore was still going to able to knock a person out. It's more a question of emphasis.

I do agree that the books emphasize the physicality of Bond, and as such, the Connery/Craig depiction is more literary accurate.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Just to be clear ....

james-bond.jpg

James Bond can have any hair color from Black to Blond.
James Bond can have any hair style from fulsome to receding.
James Bond can be played by people that are Scottish, English, Irish, Welsh, or Australian.
James Bond can have any eye color from brown to piercing blue.
James Bond can be any age from 29 to 57.

So you can have a LOT of variability in casting James Bond. Except for one thing?

PS- Idris Elba would have been an amazing James Bond, but I think he's a little too old right now. They'll want someone who can play the role for a while.
There's a big difference between changing actors because they are aging out of a role and completely changing race or gender. Minor variations like hair color aren't even close to being the same.

And I think Idris Elba would have been an amazing 007, but not James Bond. :)

Vael

Legend
I find it funny that to read all these calls for "make something new, don't take our white Mermaid or white James Bond from us" are in a thread about a show who's most popular and well regarded season is the one that brought back all the old characters after jettisoning all the new characters except for Raffi, and I've seen a lot of and she should've left too. And I know the next argument will be about the relative quality of those seasons, and I don't necessarily disagree, but I still call BS that everyone is clamoring for new and different.

I find it funny that to read all these calls for "make something new, don't take our white Mermaid or white James Bond from us" are in a thread about a show who's most popular and well regarded season is the one that brought back all the old characters after jettisoning all the new characters except for Raffi, and I've seen a lot of and she should've left too. And I know the next argument will be about the relative quality of those seasons, and I don't necessarily disagree, but I still call BS that everyone is clamoring for new and different.
Well if there is indeed a spinoff from Picard 3 (and most people I imagine are looking forward to it) only 7o9 will be exist from the old crew. And I haven't seen anyone reflect negatively to Jack Crusher or Alandra La Forge - so I call BS on your BS, respectfully ofc.

Vael

Legend
Well if there is indeed a spinoff from Picard 3 (and most people I imagine are looking forward to it) only 7o9 will be exist from the old crew. And I haven't seen anyone reflect negatively to Jack Crusher or Alandra La Forge - so I call BS on your BS, respectfully ofc.
... Those are two descendents of known characters for a show pitched as Star Trek: Legacy. "I didn't jump, I took a step and there conclusions are".

... Those are two descendents of known characters for a show pitched as Star Trek: Legacy. "I didn't jump, I took a step and there conclusions are".
Michael Burnham, arguably the most iconic ST character's sister...and yet no one cares.

i.e. it has to do with how well characters are written...(along with directed and acted)

Vael

Legend
Michael Burnham, arguably the most iconic ST character's sister...and yet no one cares.

i.e. it has to do with how well characters are written...(along with directed and acted)

Ha ha ha ha haaaa ... Oh, I cherish the tiny corner of the Internet that you exist in. Stay in that bubble.

Remove ads