Question regarding the Cosmic Firmament of the Sidereals (and above) template and the Cosmic Firmament as Cosmic Ability

THExFALLEN

Explorer
@Upper_Krust I came across an ability I was wondering how you intended it to be. I may be building a vicissitude ability tree depending on how it was intended to work.

VICISSITUDE (EX)
Your manifestation adopts a second identity.
Prerequisites: Cha 40, Disguise 40 Ranks, Polymorph, Shapechange.
Benefit: You can develop an entirely new alter-ego. Thereafter you can
change between these two identities at will. The alter-ego begins with a
hit die/level no greater than the deities divine rank (from then on
advancing as a separate entity). It can radiate any alignment, be of any race
or class and is otherwise untraceable to the original manifestation.
Special: For instance, Loki, the god of trickery, could develop a second
identity which could be a giantess called Thokk.

What would happen if the deity was slain while in the alter-ego? Like let's use Loki as Thokk for example. What would happen if Thokk was slain outright? Would Thokk return to the divine realm of Loki and restore as normal deities rejuvenate? Or would something else occur?

Hey there THExFALLEN! :)

@Upper_Krust I came across an ability I was wondering how you intended it to be. I may be building a vicissitude ability tree depending on how it was intended to work.

VICISSITUDE (EX)
Your manifestation adopts a second identity.
Prerequisites: Cha 40, Disguise 40 Ranks, Polymorph, Shapechange.
Benefit: You can develop an entirely new alter-ego. Thereafter you can
change between these two identities at will. The alter-ego begins with a
hit die/level no greater than the deities divine rank (from then on
advancing as a separate entity). It can radiate any alignment, be of any race
or class and is otherwise untraceable to the original manifestation.
Special: For instance, Loki, the god of trickery, could develop a second
identity which could be a giantess called Thokk.

What would happen if the deity was slain while in the alter-ego? Like let's use Loki as Thokk for example. What would happen if Thokk was slain outright? Would Thokk return to the divine realm of Loki and restore as normal deities rejuvenate? Or would something else occur?

Good question, In my opinion, if the alter-ego was truly slain (permanently as per any deity) then the god would also be slain. Its an alternate personality but they still share one 'physicality'.

However, once the alter-ego suffered damage sufficient to destroy the manifestation alone the deity would revert to its original state.

So just to clarify what I mean here.

Hit Points on a deity's home plane are doubled.

1. If you destroy the manifestation outside its home plane then it reverts to the original.
2. If the manifestation is on its home plane and takes damage equal to its standard (not doubled) Hit Points then it reverts to the original (who now has standard hit points not doubled - even on its home plane because its just lost half).
3. If the manifestation is somehow completely destroyed/annihilated on its home plane (or with an ability that can kill a god outside its home plane) before it can revert (one attack just wipes it out completely for instance) then it is completely destroyed and it does not revert to its original form.

That said I suppose you could clone yourself/create avatar or similar and there could be two physically different forms, but just based on the Vicissitude power alone its just a separate identity.

Hey there RoyDude! :)

im sorry to bother but is Gods and monster an unreleased book from eternity publishing

Thanks to Beefermatic for posting the file link.

Gods & Monsters was unfinished. Some of that material will be released in Immortals Handbook: Ascension 2023 (fully illustrated) when I get the cover sorted. Hopefully get the pdf and Print on Demand on sale by the end of the month. Slight hiccup with the Cover Template.

Remove ads