D&D 5E Reworking Spell Lists (Reducing "Sameyness")

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Looks good. The only things I'd change is giving Alter Self ans Misty steps to Wizard in exchange for Spider Climb and Web. I agree that Misty Steps could potentially fit the ''fey'' theme of the druid if we quint a little, but Spider Climb and Web are right on theme for a nature themed caster, no?
I could more see Spider Climb going to Druid, but Web is too iconic a Wizard spell for myself.

Would you like me to bold them in the lists?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I could more see Spider Climb going to Druid, but Web is too iconic a Wizard spell for myself.

Would you like me to bold them in the lists?

Yes, if you dont mind. Maybe just a switch for Misty Step for Spider Climb? I think that would make some of us quite happy. Anyway, good work.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Hypnotic Pattern and Spirit Guardians to the Druid. Slow and Tiny Hut to the Cleric. Some beads and a blanket covered in smallpox to the Wizard.:unsure:

Kidding, obviously...
That barely touches the depths of the depravity we have planned! MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA! By the time we're done, Wizards will be upcasting Comprehend Languages in 9th level slots!

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
So, if I'm just totally outnumbered on the idea of other classes having unique spells, why not just...remove spellcasting from all but the sorcerer?

Seriously, I just don't see the point of them being spellcasters if it isn't possible that any ranger in history has ever developed a spell that requires training as a ranger. Might as well give them magical thematical abilities that entirely bypass spell slots and the spellcasting feature, and if you want them tied to druids, give them druidic ritual casting.

Remove ads