• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Section 9/Spycraft OOC Thread

Vardeman

First Post
Name: Johann Schmidt
Codename: Gheist
Class: Fixer3/Martial Artist 1 [PAC p.33]
Department: Special Forces [S/W p.29]
Nationality: German
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 175 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Dark blonde

Languages (all native): English, German, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, Chinese

Str: 12/+1
Dex: 16/+3 (14 base, +2 dept)
Con: 10/+0
Int: 16/+3
Wis: 13/+1 (12 base, +1 lvl 4)
Cha: 12/+1 (14 base, -2 dept)

Vitality: 27 (method A)
Wounds: 10
Defense: 17
Initiative: 5

Fort Save: 3
Refl Save: 9
Will Save: 3

BAB: 3
Unarmed: 4
Melee: 4
Ranged: 6

Skills
Balance: 7
Bluff: 6
Climb: 3
Craft (Poison): 8 [F/P p.38]
Demolitions: 7
Driver: 5
Electronics: 8
Escape Artist: 6
Hide: 12
Jump: 5
Listen: 5
Move Silently: 14
Open Lock: 10
Search: 7
Sport (Skydiving): 5
Spot: 7
Swim: 6
Tumble: 8

Primary Weapon: H&K SOCOM, silenced [MAG p.61 & 90] (24 personal bp)
Secondary Weapon: Dart Gun (part of Intrusion bundle)

Gear
Intrusion Bundle [PAC p.33] (25 personal bp)
Load-bearing gear
Tight-fitting black clothes & hood
Box of surgical gloves
Spray can of oven cleaner
Climbing kit
Night-vision goggles
Lockpicking kit
Glass cutter
Snoop spray
Fiber optic probe
Swiss army knife
Dart gun w/5 nerve drug darts (+10 mission bp)
(with GC's permission, replacing 5*3bp knockout darts with 3*5bp nerve drug darts & adding 2 more nerve drug darts with mission bp)
Electronics kit (5 mission bp)
Headset radio, encrypted (5 mission bp)
Motion sensor hood [F/P p.57] (4 mission bp)
50 rds. .45 caliber Military Ball ammo (1 mission bp)
Contour vest [MAG p.139 & 142] (27 mission bp)

2 Mission bp available

Gadgets
Standard watch (laser) with garotte (2 gp)
Holographic loop lens [F/P p.58] (3 gp)

2 Gadget points available

$900 Field expenses

Proficiencies
Armor (light)
Weapon (melee)
Weapon (hurled)
Weapon (handgun)
Weapon (rifle)
Weapon (exotic, archaic)
Weapon (exotic, martial arts)

Feats
Quick Draw (dept bonus)
Stealthy (1st Level)
Blind-fight (3rd Level)

Department Abilities
+2 Dex, -2 Cha
+1 Reflex saves, +1/4 levels
+1 Demolitions, +1/4 levels
+1 Move Silently, +1/4 levels
Bonus feat: Covert or Basic Combat (Quick Draw)

Class Abilities
Dextrous (Fixer core)
Procure (Fixer 1st lvl)
Martial Arts (M.A. 1st lvl)
Evasion (Fixer 2nd lvl)
Sneak Attack +1d6 (Fixer 3rd lvl)

V

Editted to reflect skill and equipment changes 4/13/03 02:43am

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Oh well, I guess I'll make my character an ex-special forces fixer/driver. *shrug* It's all good. :D

Ghostfox, the thing I've got is the Spycraft Lite Supplement Firearms List and the other one is the dowloadable preview for the Spycraft Modern Arms Guide (only contains chapter 9). Heh, just got around to looking at the titles. :rolleyes:

Shouldn't take long to finish my character. :)

Last edited:

Vardeman

First Post
I need to know the die roll for mission BP's and also for field expenses. The number of remaining BP's I have on my character sheet is off by (that die roll - 1)*5. In other words, I get 5 to 35 more BP! Woohoo!! :D

V

Hurricain

First Post
Hello everyone, I sent my character to GhostFox already via Email . I'm looking forward to playing. oh ya , I'm the Martial Artist/Physical Adept. Later
Hurricain

Festy_Dog said:
Notes: I used the stats for a SIG P229 from the Spycraft Lite Firearms Supplement, that all right?
(SIG Sauer P229: 14bp; .40S&W; 1d12 dmg; error 1/ crit 20; range 15'; ammo cap 12; that sound ok?)
Use these stats from the MAG:
SIG-Sauer P228/P229: 9 mm P, 14 BP, damage 1d12, error 1, threat 20, range 25, ammo 13, 2 lbs)

Also I assumed that when I took a level in wheelman I got its proficiencies, is that correct?
Yes, if you multiclass into a wheelman, an agent receives the proficiencies. But the agent does not get the benefit of the wheelman's core abilities. So in this case you will not have the Lucky and Custom Ride Core abilities.

If you want those Core Abilities then your first class should be wheelman then multiclass into a fixer. But in that case you won't have the Dextrous core ability.

I also purchased a small backpack to put the majority of stuff my character carries around in. Can I assume the 'trendy suit' has a jacket to put the gun and shoulder holster under?
A trendy suit comes with a light jacket. That's fine.

Any advice at all on my character is welcome, this is very much a rough draft. Any changes made I'll edit into here. I'll come up with a history in a couple of days hopefully.
I'll review your character as soon as I finish crunching the numbers for Hurricain and Vardeman's characters. I'll let you know if I require any revisions to Raven's char sheet.

Looking forward to the char history.

GHEIST

Heya Vardeman,

That was really an awesome job you did in making sure the numbers on the character sheet were correct. I liked how you made note of the book and page #s, that saved me a *lot* of time. The formatting made it very easy for me to verify the numbers as well.

Remind me to give you a bonus before the game begins.

I'll allow the substitution of the 5x3BP Knockout Darts with 3x5BP nerve drug darts within the Intrustion Bundle.

Regarding the Mission Budget and Field Expense calculations, assume that you rolled a 5 on the 2d4 on both the rolls.

One question though, I was able to reverse engineer most of the skill points spent to buy skill ranks, but I'm having trouble trying to add up some of the numbers. I may be missing some synergies - let me know if I missed anything.

Balance 5=0:Ranks+3:DEX+2:FEAT(Stealthy)
Bluff 6=5:Ranks+1:CHA
Climb 3=2:Ranks+1:STR
Craft (Poison) 8=7:Ranks+1:WIS
Demolitions 7=2:Ranks+3:INT+2:DEPT_bonus
Driver 5=2:Ranks+3:Dex
Electronics 8=5:Ranks+3:INT
Escape Artist 6=3:Ranks+3:DEX
Hide 12=7:Ranks+3:DEX+2:FEAT(Stealthy)
Jump 3=0:Ranks+1:STR+2:Synergy(Tumble)
Listen 5=4:Ranks+1:WIS
Move Silently 14=7:Ranks+3:DEX+2:DEPT_bonus+2:FEAT(Stealthy)
Open Lock 10=7:Ranks+3:Dex
Search 7=6:Ranks+1:Wis
Sport (Skydiving) 5=2:Ranks+3:DEX
Spot 7=6:Ranks+1:WIS
Swim 6=5:Ranks+1:STR
Tumble 8=5:Ranks+3:DEX

Vardeman

First Post
Re: GHEIST

Codename: GhostFox said:
Heya Vardeman,

That was really an awesome job you did in making sure the numbers on the character sheet were correct. I liked how you made note of the book and page #s, that saved me a *lot* of time. The formatting made it very easy for me to verify the numbers as well.

Remind me to give you a bonus before the game begins.
Thanks, I accept :cool:

I'll allow the substitution of the 5x3BP Knockout Darts with 3x5BP nerve drug darts within the Intrustion Bundle.
Thanks, I'd much rather they immediately become paralyzed, rather than fall asleep in 10 rounds! :eek:

Regarding the Mission Budget and Field Expense calculations, assume that you rolled a 5 on the 2d4 on both the rolls.
Alrighty, that sounds fair. :cool:

One question though, I was able to reverse engineer most of the skill points spent to buy skill ranks, but I'm having trouble trying to add up some of the numbers. I may be missing some synergies - let me know if I missed anything.
Ok, here's the breakdowns:

Balance 5 = 0: Ranks + 3: DEX + 2: FEAT(Stealthy)
Balance 5 = 2: Ranks + 3: DEX (Stealthy doesn't affect Balance)

Bluff 6 = 5: Ranks + 1: CHA
Climb 3 = 2: Ranks + 1: STR
These two are ok.

Craft (Poison) 8 = 7: Ranks + 1: WIS
Craft (Poison) 8 = 5: Ranks + 3: INT

Demolitions 7 = 2: Ranks + 3: INT + 2: DEPT_bonus
Driver 5 = 2: Ranks + 3: Dex
Electronics 8 = 5: Ranks + 3: INT
Escape Artist 6 = 3: Ranks + 3: DEX
Hide 12 = 7: Ranks + 3: DEX + 2: FEAT(Stealthy)
These are ok.

Jump 3 = 0: Ranks + 1: STR + 2: Synergy(Tumble)
Jump 5 = 2: Ranks + 1: STR + 2: Synergy(Tumble) (Whoops, forgot the Synergy!) :eek:

Listen 5 = 4: Ranks + 1: WIS
Move Silently 14 = 7: Ranks + 3: DEX + 2: DEPT_bonus + 2: FEAT(Stealthy)
Open Lock 10 = 7: Ranks + 3: Dex
These are ok.

Search 7 = 6: Ranks + 1: Wis
Search 7 = 4: Ranks + 3: INT

Sport (Skydiving) 5 = 2: Ranks + 3: DEX
Spot 7 = 6: Ranks + 1: WIS
Swim 6 = 5: Ranks + 1: STR
Tumble8 = 5: Ranks + 3: DEX
These are ok

That should add up to 75 ranks. 44 from 1st level Fixer, 9 from 1st level MA, 11 from 2nd level Fixer, and 11 from 3rd level Fixer.

Let's ROCK! :cool:

V

Re: Re: GHEIST

Cool. Thanks for pointing out those corrections.

Vardeman said:
Balance 5 = 2: Ranks + 3: DEX (Stealthy doesn't affect Balance)
Oops.... But you do get a +2 Synergy bonus to Balance because your agent has 5 or more tanks in Tumble. So Gheist's balance should be at 7=2:Ranks+3:DEX+2:Synergy(Tumble).

Vardeman said:
Move Silently 14=7:Ranks+3:DEX+2:DEPT_bonus+2:FEAT(Stealthy)
In order to get 7 ranks in Move Silently, then Gheist would have to spend 2 skill points at 2nd level (Martial Artist 1). Move Silently is not a class skill for Martial Artists (unless this has been corrected by AEG). It would cost Gheist 2 skill points to increase Move Silently by 1 rank.

Edit: On second thought, I'm going to house rule this one. I don't see any issue with game balance if Move Silently is now a class skill for the Martial Artist. In fact, it would be very difficult for a single-class Martial Artist to acquire the Ninja Prestige Class without this class skill.

Last edited:

Vardeman

First Post
Re: Re: Re: GHEIST

Codename: GhostFox said:
Cool. Thanks for pointing out those corrections.

Oops.... But you do get a +2 Synergy bonus to Balance because your agent has 5 or more tanks in Tumble. So Gheist's balance should be at 7=2:Ranks+3:DEX+2:Synergy(Tumble).
Quite right! :D

In order to get 7 ranks in Move Silently, then Gheist would have to spend 2 skill points at 2nd level (Martial Artist 1). Move Silently is not a class skill for Martial Artists (unless this has been corrected by AEG). It would cost Gheist 2 skill points to increase Move Silently by 1 rank.
Not necessarily. I didn't spend any on Move Silently when I gained my MA level, and then spent an extra one on it when I gained another Fixer level. You can spend as many skill points as you like, up to your max according to level, so I could do the following:

Level 1 (Fix) = 4 points in MS
Level 2 (MA) = 0 points in MS
Level 3 (Fix) = 2 points in MS
Level 4 (Fix) = 1 point in MS

If you like, I can dig up my scrap paper and show you exactly which skills I bought at each level... :D

V

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads