• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six Nights to Year's End (Merged)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Verosh aided Kaeso, his weapon slicing across the last bugbear's neck, killing him and causing the now defenseless goblins to scramble frantically for safety now that their protecting guards had fallen.

If it weren't for the blood that was spilled the next seconds would have seemed somewhat comical. Skrymer closed the gap between himself and the goblins, but missed his target badly as it tucked and rolled under his arm. Tsal moved to kill off the nimble creature but only succeeded in slipping on the bloody floor and falling on his rear (critical fumble). Luckily his monitor lizard leapt forward and finished the screaming rifleman off.

Glau and Davian had better luck, and their rounds took out a second goblin while he fled towards the water. Davian's second arrow wounded another with a shot to its shoulder blade, and Kaeso caught up to the struggling creature, tripped him, and killed the rifleman as he rose.

Three goblins now remained, but only two turned to fight while the third dove into the water and tried to swim upstream. A round bounced off of Skrymer's hide with no effect, and the werebear responded by tearing the offending goblin to pieces, followed by the second goblin who died from lead poisoning induced by Glau's gun.

The last goblin looked as though he might be able to swim away from the group and into the darker portions of the prison when he gives a surprised scream. A trident reaches upwards from below the surface of the water, spears the goblin, and drags him underneath his floating pool of blood.

The only exit to this room is from the south which you had just came and to the north past the wide stream of water and up the wall that stands 10 feet in height. A wheel is connected to a gear and seems to be able to drop a ramp that could serve as a bridge between this section of the prison and the next. Unfortunately, whatever is causing those ripples in the water seem to have better ideas.

Scotley

Hero
Tsal

Getting up and shaking off some of the blood, Tsal comments. "I think I can get over there to let the bridge down. I'll just have to turn into a bird. Anybody able to join me?"

Tychus

First Post
"I can't fly," says Glau, reaching into his haversack, "but I might have a tool for the occasion." From the bag he produces a seemingly endless spool of fine rope, a grappling hook, and a pressurized launcher that appears much larger than the bag itself. "I'll set a safety line."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Glau fires his grappling hook and scores a hit on his first attempt, getting the grappling hook snagged on a rail on the raised bridge just in case anything happens to Tsal when the druid gets across. Tsal transforms into a large bird and sails over the dark waters. Small ripples of something underneath the water churn, but nothing impedes the druid's movement. Tsal lands on the bridge, figures out the contraption, then has the bridge descend towards the rest of the party. Glau retrieves his grapple and rope, and the party rejoins Tsal on the other side. Whatever waits below under the bridge has decided not to move against the group.

At the end of the bridge and on top of the wall, the party finds several dead goblins and their small cannon. Currently there is only a passage to the north, which ends suddenly at a wall after the group walks down twenty feet. Attached is the map so far.

Tsal
[sblock]
Odd... you could have sworn some goblins had retreated down this way. As you examine the wall you realize from a thin vertical crack in the wall that there must be a secret door here, but you will have to find how to open it. You also hear talking on the other side of the door, but it is muffled although you believe you hear a word or two in goblin.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• BasicMap.JPG
    BasicMap.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 73

Scotley

Hero
Tsal

"Hmmm, I think our goblin friends have gone through a secret door here." He points to a thin vertical crack in the wall. "I can here voices beyond. Let's figure out how to open it. There must be a mechanism here, let us find it." He begins to look about.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
It's Davian who notices it first. A handle in the door that was hidden behind a small sliding compartment. It looks like the secret door is also unlocked, and you can easily fling it open and spread out into the room.

OOC: Actions? When you open the door, it is likely that those on the other side will notice.

Scotley

Hero
Tsal

Tsal readies his hand cannon. When the door opens he plans to blast as big a group as possible. "Does anybody know where we are going? This aimless goblin bashing nets us little."

Tychus

First Post
"The main prison complex lies deeper into the cliff. The water leads there, I think, but who knows what lurks beneath the surface. I think we're going the right way." Glau loads one of Tsal's scattershot shells into his own hand cannon to cover the other half of the room. "Besides," he continues, grinning, "it's hard to beat goblin bashing for a day's entertainment."

[sblock=OOC]I assume it's ok if Glau borrows one of Tsal's shells? :)[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
As the group of you discuss your next move, an apparition passes through the secret door that Tsal has found. This ghostly hobgoblin shouts in surprise, swings wildly with his longsword, and nearly gives Tsal a new nostril before he stumbles backwards and through the secret door once more. You hear shouting in goblin tongue.

Scotley

Hero
Tsal

The Druid passes over the ammo gladly, along with a couple of extras.

"Looks like break time is over. Our presence has been detected. More goblin bashing is upon us." He raises his own scattershot loaded hand cannon. "If someone would be kind enough to open the door, Glau and I can give them both barrels."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads