• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Spelljammer Confirmed (MAYBE, April Fools?)

Agreed. While this COULD be a Spelljammer thing, I'd actually be a little upset if it was. It has way to much FR detritus all over it for my taste.
This is one reason why I suspect it'll be an adventure, along the lines of "Baldur's Gate: the Sea Beyond the Stars", or somesuch. Start out in FR, get ahold of a spelljammer, head off for adventure. Buckle swashes as you see fit.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don't think anyone's arguing that Spelljammer isn't going to appear in some shape or form: I'm just trying to argue that revisiting a setting doesn't guarantee a campaign setting book. As an old Planescape nerd, I'd be elated to hear that the big summer adventure this year is Dead Gods or The Great Modron March, and would argue that that totally counts as a revisit. Witchlight included a few fae races, so there is precedent.
Yeah, but we know it is a Setting project, as billed by Winninger. he also says it is different, in some way, but I think we are overthinking that angle: i suspect it is as different from previous Setting books as Ravenloft was, which is to say 'somewhat."

Quickleaf

Legend
But it might be a TABLE setting project. Eh? Eh?

But let's be serious. It feels like WotC is just taking us for a piss, throwing us for a loop, and spinning our wheels like a... a...

FTKMBJJHZ13FDUC.jpg

Yeah, but we know it is a Setting project, as billed by Winninger. he also says it is different, in some way, but I think we are overthinking that angle: i suspect it is as different from previous Setting books as Ravenloft was, which is to say 'somewhat."
His tweet described "two more products that revive 'classic' settings in production right now." I feel like there's quite a bit of wiggle room there - did he say more elsewhere? That being said, I could see a book that was partially campaign setting, partially adventure, a la the Strixhaven book.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
His tweet described "two more products that revive 'classic' settings in production right now." I feel like there's quite a bit of wiggle room there - did he say more elsewhere? That being said, I could see a book that was partially campaign setting, partially adventure, a la the Strixhaven book.
We'll find out soon enough: I expect something not unlike Ravenloft in a lot of ways, but unlike it in a few key ways (like space travel, natch).

I also expect to se Chris Perkins unleash his humor to it's full power, so...there may be casualties.

Remove ads