stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. II [OOC]

Stormwind

First Post
The only thing that might need correction is his current XP total, and possibly a +1 to his action points (can't remember if they go up or not). I also need to do some searching for some new spells I think.
Minumum xp for 9th level is 36,000, so Jarrith's xp total should be 36,000xp.
I'm not 100% sure on the action points ... but I think we gain one this level (I'll double check when I get home tonight).

renau1g

First Post
According to the ECS, the max action pts you can have are 9 at 9th lvl, you would have gained 9 action points at leveling up.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I have added the 36,000 xp to my sheet, left the APs as is, and made my necessary spell list changes. My sheet is now all set (assuming the undead bane property gets added to my rapier without problems).

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
@stonegod: Just in the process of leveling Ashlyn and I just want to confirm that the Sun devotion feat from Complete Champion (pg 62) is okay. I assume that it's fine since the Complete series is approved material, but I'd rather check. The feat would fit Ashlyn rather well, particulary since she gains the sun domain from the 3rd level of the Knights of the Raven PrC, thus making this a very cohesive choice from an RP perspective.
Champion wasn't out yet, so it still needs review.

That feat, however, is a bit too buff for this campaign (and several others). Its strictly better than Jarrith's Lightbringer ability and the ability that you'll be gaining through another route in the future, the latter of which is a CL10+ effect. So, right now I'm going to put a kibosh on it.

Stormwind

First Post
Champion wasn't out yet, so it still needs review.

That feat, however, is a bit too buff for this campaign (and several others). Its strictly better than Jarrith's Lightbringer ability and the ability that you'll be gaining through another route in the future, the latter of which is a CL10+ effect. So, right now I'm going to put a kibosh on it.
ok ... no problem.

I've taken 'Improved combat expertise' instead as Ashlyn's 9th level feat. She should be all set now.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I'll do much longer posts later in the week, hopefully, but I wanted to get some stuff rolling at least. Feel free to RP as much as you want to fill in the time.

To make things easier:
- Everything is sold at standard 50% (no haggling; artificers have to answer when all is said an done to a higher authority and you're already getting healing recouped for free from the halfling matrons).
- That being said, all magical crafting will only cost 75% of normal (their extraordinary crafters and aren't charging markup)
- As will soon be seen IC, Mateusz is holding back his diamond dust "just in case". You'll have to see Ireena. Let me know when and who does this.
Stormwind Please update your plans/estimates with that info.

Stormwind

First Post
The updated summary of activities for the next few days ...

Sell the following stuff:[sblock=Group gear (to sell)]
  • Group gear
    - Masterwork composite (+2) longbow x4 [3 lbs ea.][300 gp ea.]
    - light crossbow x4 [4 lbs ea.][35 gp ea.]
    - bolts x20 [2 lbs][2 gp]
    - Masterwork greatsword x4 [8 lbs ea.][350 gp ea.]
    - +1 unholy mace [8 lbs][8305 gp]
    - +1 dagger [1 lbs][2302 gp]
    - dagger x2 [1 lbs ea.][2 gp ea.]
    - Elixir of Vision [- lbs][250 gp]
    - Silver nibbed pen [20 gp]
    - Set of gem studded gold cufflinks [50 gp]
  • Jarrith's gear
    - +1 mithril chain shirt [13 lbs][2250 gp]
  • Khensu's gear
    - +1 greataxe [12 lbs][2320 gp]
  • Avron's gear
    - +1 breastplate [30 lbs][1350 gp]

That all adds together to a total value of 19593 gold which will net us a total of 9796 gold, 5 silver.
[/sblock]
And our plans for utilizing the crafting services of the caravans artificers:[sblock=Plans for the next few days]
  • Artificier (+2 Arms and Armor)
    [Day 1] - Add undead bane to one of Jarrith's rapier's (Actual cost: Base cost *0.75 = 4500gp)
    [Day 2] - " " " "
    [Day 3] - " " " "
    [Day 4] - " " " "
    [Day 5] - " " " "
    _
  • Artificier (+1 Arms and Armor)
    [Day 1] - Resize the armor for Khensu (840gp)
    [Day 2] - Enchant Ladreth's composite longbow to a +1 weapon (Actual cost: Base cost *0.75 = 1500gp)
    [Day 3] -
    _
  • Artificier (Scrolls)
    [Day 1] - Restoration(CL 7) (Actual cost: Base cost *0.75 + materials = 625gp)
    [Day 2] - Halt undead(CL 5) (Actual cost: Base cost *0.75 = 281gp 2sp 5cp)
    [Day 3] - Death ward(CL 7) (Actual cost: Base cost *0.75 = 525gp)
    [Day 4] - Knock(CL 3) (Actual cost: Base cost *0.75 = 112gp 5sp)
[/sblock]
And Ashlyn's plans:[sblock=Ashlyn]
  • Ashlyn
    [Day 1]
    • Shopping (Sale of group equipment)
    • Shopping (purchase of materials for Ritual - use up Ashlyn's credit first [373gp])
    • Shopping (organizing groups purchases)
    • Visit to Irene (organize lodging)
    [Day 2] - Binding ritual for Symbol of ravenkind (requires 1500gp of materials)
    [Day 3] - Trip to the church to look for ingredients to absorb/prevent taint
[/sblock]

And finally Avron's plans for learning spells:[sblock=Avron's plans]
  • Avron (Scribing)
    [Day 1] - Copy spell Locate object into prayerbook from scroll [300gp and spellcraft DC 18]
    [Day 2] - Copy spell Remove disease into prayerbook from scroll [300gp and spellcraft DC 18]
    [Day 3] - Copy spell Restoration into prayerbook from scroll [400gp and spellcraft DC 19]
    [Day 4] - Copy spell Comprehend languages into prayerbook from scroll [100gp and spellcraft DC 16]
    [Day 5] - Copy spell Healing lorecall into prayerbook from scroll [200gp and spellcraft DC 17]

Available spells for Avron to learn are (including the spells from the group scrolls that Tessa is carrying):
    1st: comprehend languages, endure elements
    2nd: augury, dark way, divine insight, find traps, gentle repose, healing lorecall, zone of truth
    3rd: invisibility purge, locate object, remove disease, water breathing
    4th: restoration
    5th: break enchantment
[/sblock]

And to summarize our current financial situation:[sblock=Finances]Funds
- [9796gp 5sp] Sale of group loot
- [ 373gp] Paper (Note of credit from the caravan for Ashlyn) [- lbs][373 gp]
- [2270gp] Paper (Note of credit from the caravan for the group) (Group) [- lbs][2270 gp]
Total funds: 12,439 gold, 5 silver

Expenditures
- [4500gp] Adding undead bane property to one of Jarrith's rapier's
- [ 840gp] Resizing armor for Khensu
- [1500gp] Enchanting Ladreth's longbow
- [1543gp 7sp 5cp] Buying scrolls (Restoration, Halt undead, Death ward, Knock)
- [1500gp] Buying materials for Ashlyn's ritual (incense, oils)
- [1300gp] Scribing costs for Avron
Total expenses: 11,183 gold, 7 silver, 5 copper

Remaining credit with caravan: 1255 gold, 7 silver, 5 copper

Liquid assets
- Coins: 25 platinum, 100 gold, - silver, - copper (Group) [2.5 lbs][/sblock]

So, to summarize:
- we will still have 1255gp credit with the caravan after all purchases
- It will take a couple of days longer than planned (due to the undead bane enhancement)
- Due to the amount of shopping and organization necessary (including a trip to Irene), Ashlyn's plans have changed slightly and she will do the ritual on the 2nd day
- Avron has an extra couple of days to learn spells from scrolls if necessary

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Even if it takes five days rather than three days to enchant the rapier, I want it done anyways.

If the party doesn't want to wait five days however before heading to the castle to try and retrieve the stolen relic... Jarrith can pick up a non-magical rapier from one of the town blacksmiths to use in the interim. I'd prefer to wait out the five, but will accompany the party earlier if that's consensus.

Remove ads