• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. II [OOC]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
That gives us the following options:
  • Tessa prepares and casts Restoration (we need diamond dust)
  • Tessa, Jarrith and Ashlyn have Break enchantment on their class list and could cast it from the scroll
    (count Ashlyn out from this option)
  • Marot can use UMD to cast Break enchantment from the scroll
Restoration no worky, but remove curse can. Both Tessa and Jarrith can memorize/cast it.

Stormwind

First Post
Restoration no worky, but remove curse can. Both Tessa and Jarrith can memorize/cast it.
@stonegod: Doh ... for some reason my mind went wandering on that one ...

@DEFCON: Yeah ... that's why Ashlyn approached Jarrith about it .... I think we have two days worth of casting when it can still work (it has to be within 3 days of the full moon and we only have two days left). We will probably need both Tessa and Jarrith to prepare as many as possible because it may take several tries.

Stormwind

First Post
stonegod said:
Ashlyn, Urik, Tessa, and Jarrith make a search of the fallen Church. Abandoned in the rectory they find some blessed cloths that will help ward taint, if Tessa's teachings are correct.
@stonegod:
- What sort of cloths are they? Can they be worn over regular gear, or do they count as a mantle/cloak or ... ? How many cloths are there, enough for everyone or ... ?
- Ashlyn's sheet is updated with the relevant info.
- btw, you didn't mention anything about Ladreth's bow enchantment in the last IC post, was that just an omission? Can we assume that it is also completed as per the OOC plan

@All: The group gear is updated. I will post again later this afternoon summarizing the equipment changes for each character.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As far as planning and next things to do...

It seems like we probably should roleplay in the telling of Ireena that Ismark went vampy, probably sometime during the five days of sitting around. Then at a point after that when she's a little more composed (fully expecting her to freak out after the telling), we could inquire about diamond dust.

The ritual for destoying the fanes cannot occur until we reacquire Khensu's relic, which the female vampire currently has somewhere up in the castle I would imagine. (And Tessa and Ashlyn still have their own relics buried within their handy haversacks, correct?)

The awakening of the sunsword has to happen in the castle's crypt, at the coffin of Strahd's brother I think.

My vote would be to talk to Ireena during the five days off, then head to the castle and go into the crypts. If we start with awakening the sunsword (since we know where we have to go to do that), we can get that job done with and out of the way before then stumbling through the castle looking for the female vamp who has the relic.

stonegod

@stonegod:
- What sort of cloths are they? Can they be worn over regular gear, or do they count as a mantle/cloak or ... ? How many cloths are there, enough for everyone or ... ?
- Ashlyn's sheet is updated with the relevant info.
- btw, you didn't mention anything about Ladreth's bow enchantment in the last IC post, was that just an omission? Can we assume that it is also completed as per the OOC plan
Forgot the bow. And there is still one day of downtime (I have it as four days, it will need five). The cloths are strips that can be tied to the arm or over the head; no slot.

Everyone Make sure you update for whatever equipment changes/upgrade you made. I can't keep them all straight. :p
The ritual for destoying the fanes cannot occur until we reacquire Khensu's relic, which the female vampire currently has somewhere up in the castle I would imagine. (And Tessa and Ashlyn still have their own relics buried within their handy haversacks, correct?)

The awakening of the sunsword has to happen in the castle's crypt, at the coffin of Strahd's brother I think.
You still have two of the relics. And you know the tomb is in the crypt... somewhere.

stonegod

I fixed the date: I'd appreciate it DEFCON if you could update your post appropriate (its the 1 Sul, Olarune now).

As for finding things, you have magical and mundane ways of finding things.

s@squ@tch

First Post
BTW, Marot was afflicted with taint at the glowing pillar -- he would have been highly interested in reducing the voices in his head....

Stormwind

First Post
Changes in equipment during rest and recuperation:
  • Ashlyn
    • Upgraded
      - [Bonded Symbol of Ravenkind] (Order of the Raven)
  • Jarrith
    • Upgraded
      - +1 silver rapier, undead bane [2 lbs][8,410 gp]
    • Added
      - +2 ancient chain shirt [25 lbs][4,250 gp]
    • Removed
      - +1 mithril chain shirt [13 lbs][2250 gp]
  • Khensu
    • Added
      - +1 full plate [50 lbs][2,650 gp]
    • Removed
      - +1 greataxe [12 lbs][2320 gp]
      - +2 flametouched iron breastplate
  • Tessa
    • Used (used spells are struckthrough)
      - scroll (1st; endure elements, comprehend languages)
      - scroll (3rd; healing lorecall, divine insight, dark way)
      - scroll (5th; remove disease, invisibility purge, locate object, remove curse)
  • Marot
    • Added
      - Scroll of death ward [- lbs][700 gp]
      - Scroll of halt undead [- lbs][375 gp]
      - Scroll of knock [- lbs][150 gp]
      - Scroll of restoration [- lbs][800 gp]
    • Used (used spells are struckthrough)
      - Scroll of restoration, break enchantment, remove disease [- lbs][1,125 gp]
  • Ladreth
    • Upgraded
      - +1 composite longbow (+5 str) [2,900 gp]
    • Added
      - +1 ancient greatsword [[8 lbs][2,350 gp]
  • Ravika
    • Added
      - Iron bracers of armour +2 [1 lbs][4,000 gp]
  • Avron
    • Updated
      Added to Prayerbook: Locate object, Remove disease, Restoration, Comprehend languages, Healing lorecall
    • Added
      - +2 flametouched iron breastplate
    • Removed
      - +1 breastplate COLOR="White"][30 lbs][1350 gp][/COLOR]

Please check that your character sheets have been updated with the stuff mentioned above (and let me know if there are any mistakes in the list) :D

Remove ads