SWSE: Scum & Villany [IC]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Galen relaxes once they are back in hyperspace. "Well, that was close. Wonder why they wanted to stop us? We haven't done anything wrong... yet."

He follows Ava to see if Prello has something to say after being told what happened.

Galen.jpg
Galen Rapp

knightemplar

Explorer
As Galen and Ava tell Prello about the Imperial Customs Corvette. She looks thoughtful, and then replies "They were probably looking for Spice Smugglers. There are a few that go back and forth between Nal Hutta and Jabba's Palace. I don't know of anything else they may want."

OOC: You can roll a Perception to see if you believe her.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
"I see..." Ava replies... Really not knowing any better. (( Perception 1d20+6=7 )) And continues to know nothing better. "Well, I believe that we have were able to evade them well enough. It will take the Imperials some time to figure out where we might have gone, should they wish to pursue us for some reason."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Galen studies the Hutt's reaction while Ava describes what happened, not interjecting immediately after Prello mentions spice smugglers. He does say, "Yes good thing they didn't get our IFF signal. At least for now, they don't know who we were. I wonder how they got us dumped from hyperspace."

<<Perception (1d20+1=17)>>

Galen.jpg
Galen Rapp

knightemplar

Explorer
Galen has his doubts, but can not any real flaw in Prello's logic.

As Ava sits there pondering Galen's question there are a couple of identifiers for a ship taken by the BoSS (Bureau of Ships and Services).

OOC:

1) The IFF signal and the frequency it is on. Having a disable switch is a common smuggler trick and is illegal if found. Also having more than one IFF signal is also illegal if caught.

2) At the time of the ship being registered with the BoSS, they took a number of engine readings (kind of like a human fingerprint). It takes more than a few minutes to get a detailed scan for the Imperials to run backwards and identify the ship. (Lots of time and lots of money. This would have to be a very dastardly crime or they are tracking a wanted fugitive known to be on the ship for this one to occur).

3) Some of the markings can be identified also. Like in the first movie where the ensign says to Lord Vader, the ship has the markings of a freighter that blasted its way out of Mos Eisley. This is not an exact quote. The markings must be pretty distinctive for this to be done. One of the later books said that a friend of Han's could recognize the Millenium Falcon by her rust pattern.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Galen decides to ask Prello about the spice smugglers, "Milady, can you tell more to satisfy my curiosity about this spice smuggling. Is it only Jabba that deals in the spice or are all the Hutt Lords involved?"

Galen.jpg
Galen Rapp

knightemplar

Explorer
"There are many Hutts that are willing to exploit the profits of spice smuggling. Though on Tatooine, Jabba is the main source of these dangerous drugs.", Prello says as she bites the head off of an insect as big as Galen's hand, then licks her lips as she tosses the rest of the body in her mouth. "I have heard Lady Valarian might run some spice, but she makes sure that the quantity is small enough for Jabba not to notice."

From his previous stay on Kessel, Galen is well aware of what spice does and how the imperials use the criminals as slave labor to mine the spice.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Galen doesn't have any more curiosity about spice smuggling and thanks Prello for the indulgence. Turning to Ava, he looks to see if she has any comments about that particular business.

"Not sure if trying to get into that business would be a good idea, but one can never know for sure. High risk usually means high profits."

<<OOC: Not sure Galen has ever been to Kessel. I think that was Naar, maybe?>>

Galen.jpg
Galen Rapp

knightemplar

Explorer
Prello holds out a candied space slug to Galen, "But of course, dear. There are so many more ways to make money then trying to kill your own clients. Depending on how well the trip goes, then we will see if you can experience them."

OOC: It probably was Naar, and you may have heard some of his stories about the conditions there.

I am going ahead to land on Nal Hutta in the next couple of days. Let me know if you want to do something specific while there or Nar Shadda.

Remove ads