SWSE: Scum & Villany [IC]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Galen hands flying on the controls, turns the Frozen Star around and mentions to Ava, "I have a bad feeling about that unknown contact. We are going EMCON, no transmitting of any kind, passive sensors only."

He leaves the shields and weapons in standby. He flies defensively and trying to open the distance between them and the contact. He is on the lookout for any space debris or other cover that might be within range.

<<EMCON is Emissions Control (Military Lingo). I am assuming leaving those items off means their emissions cannot be detected.>>

Galen.jpg
Galen Rapp

Songdragon

Explorer
"That... is an Imperial Customs Corvette..." Ava states... "We want to be elsewhere, like, yesterday."

After her tapping, "We are no longer broadcasting our registry."

"So, boys... how good of pilots are you?"
She asks, more than a little nervous.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Galen replies to Ava, "Thanks. I hope I am good enough, we should be leaving that Imp 'vette behind us now. Let me know if you or Quin pick up anything more on the passive scans."

Galen.jpg
Galen Rapp

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Hmph... Imperials... I'll man the gun, just in case. Naar grumbles, still somewhat grouchy for losing all the grav-pool rounds to Galen. He doesn't know how, but he's sure his friend cheated somehow. Grumbling all the way he squeezes himself to the gunnery station.

A moment later he comes back up again. You guys have any idea how tight that space is? Let's put the droid there, I'll help Galen. I need to strip unnecessary electronics out before I go there.

OOC: Forgot we still have Iggy on board, if KT is ok that we use him as our gunner until I can pick heavy weapons :D

Last edited:

knightemplar

Explorer
Galen tries to cut away from the corvette to its rear and at a hard angle. He is putting some good distance between the two ships. As Ava watches it on passive radar, she notes that it is starting to turn.

Ava: Computer Ops roll for you to predict the radius and angle of the turn.
Quin may assist you on this roll.

I also need an astrogation roll for Quin to see about getting to the next jump point. The higher the roll the shorter amount of time before the ship can jump to hyperspace. If you have him assist you, then he will need to take the action on the next round.

Galen: Piloting check is dependent on Ava's Computer Ops roll, as she is providing you the data on the other ships turn. So go ahead and roll it, and see if you can stay on the oblique angle moving away.

OOC: That is fine, Iggy climbs up to the turret and straps himself in. He doesnt have heavy or starship weapons though either. He is still at a minus to hit.

Songdragon

Explorer
Ava sees the ship turn... "It's coming around..." she taps away at the screen... (Computer Use (no assist) 1d20+6=25) "Feeding you projected course of the corvette, now."

Quin does some astrogation while Ava is using sensors... 1d20+13=30 "Projected coordinates for jump into hyperspace, calculated. You may proceed when ready."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Galen yanks the controls hard flipping the freighter upside down spatially, but the artificial gravity is keeping everything down as the stars streak across the cockpit's window. "By the stars! Keep... it... coming... Frosty... That's it, turn and burn! Alright! Let me know what I can punch it."

<<Pilot (1d20+7=24)>>

Galen.jpg
Galen Rapp

knightemplar

Explorer
Just as Galen lines up for the final jump point. Over the speakers in the cockpit, the following is heard.

"Unidentified freighter, shut down your engines and prepare to be boarded."

Looking back at the passive sensor data, Ava notices that the corvette has noticed them and is moving towards the Frozen Star pretty quickly.

Galen smiles as he knows it is way too late to catch them as he pulls the lever and the stars seem to melt away as the Star jumps to hyperspace.

OOC: Great rolls guys, they saw you just as you jumped.

Songdragon

Explorer
"Nicely done boys..." Ava says... She taps a few buttons and turns the transponder back on. "We were noticed, but they do not know who we were. We will have to watch ourselves. But what else is new." She laughs.

"I will go down and let Prello know that all is well." She gets up and heads to the cargo hold.

She lets Prello know that everything is fine and we are on schedule for arrival at our destination.

Remove ads