• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tale of the Clueless - Chapter 1: On the Seas of Air [IC Thread]

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
When Beni sees the smal ldraconic creatue signing the parchment with magic, he interjects: 'You will forgive me, I hope,' says the half-janni, 'If I insist on you all signing the contracts through mundane means. I've learnt he properties of such magic the hard way, if you do not mind me saying.'

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Drota finds the contract to be fair, though some might find the concept of an orc reading to be strange indeed. She didn't read well, as she had been taught by some of the older women in the tribe, in between endless rounds of duty, but she got the main concepts. She signed carefully, in neat, almost runic script, before giving the man a nod and a bow.

Ambrus

Explorer
Vorastrix huffs in disgust as he sits his rump down onto the table to balance on his hindquarters. He reaches over and dips a foreclaw into the inkwell and begins tracing his name next to the charred signature. "That's silly; it's actually much easier to remove or alter the ink signature with magic. Charring a signature is much more secure because the magic needed to restore the burnt surface of the parchment is more difficult to produce. You should consider changing your habits." To demonstrate, Vor lets a drop of ink stain the corner of the parchment and then causes the black mark to disappear by cleaning it away with his still active prestidigitation spell.

Last edited:

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Drota: Beni returns the bow and takes the signature

He turns round the the dragon. 'How do i know if that magical signature will not vanish in an hour or two? Then, who... Oh, excuse me,' he says, waving the accusations away with a tanned hand. He breathes deeply and takes the contract from Vorastrix, bowing slightly, probably more out of custom than anything else.

'Forgive me. I have been having problems with supplies and my crew and... well, nothing exciting you'd want to hear about.'

He shakes his head and runs his head through imaginary hair, brushing the intricate tattoos with his fingers.

Ambrus

Explorer
Vorastrix offer the merchant another of his crocodile smiles. "S'okay." Using his cantrip, Vor take one of the three copies of the contract he's signed for himself and causes it to float up, roll itself and slide gently into the leather scroll case slung at his hip. That being done, the small wyrm hops off the table to perch on the top of Thrumgall's chair back. "If you'd like I'd be happy to discuss the matter further when you're not as rushed."

Last edited:

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
'Perhaps, for now I must see to work. I have last minute business to attend to and must leave as soon as I get these contracts signed.'

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"A question, if you permit. I have not been on the sea, what might be good to bring. Or not bring? Types of armor or weapons, kinds of food?" Drota asks, her confidence rising a bit as the man seems polite and truly concerned.

Gli'jar

First Post
Terrathoin reads and studies the contract before signing, "Agreeable." he says as he pens his mark, Terrathoin Soulforge. "Where and when do we leave, and what type of environment can we expect?"

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
'Who sai anything about sea? The Boundless Blue is the Elemental Plane of air. And as far as equipment is concerned, you'll need nothing special,' he says with a grin.

'And we meet here early tomorrow, so you'd best get ready. Now if you'll excuse me, i have some last-minute details to take care of.'

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads