D&D Movie/TV The D&D Movie Has Begun Filming!

Director Jonathan Goldstein tweeted "The campaign begins" with the following image! Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley will be directing the film which features "an ensemble cast and take a subversive approach to the game." The film stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith, Hugh Grant, and Rege-Jean Page...

Director Jonathan Goldstein tweeted "The campaign begins" with the following image!

Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley will be directing the film which features "an ensemble cast and take a subversive approach to the game."

The film stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith, Hugh Grant, and Rege-Jean Page.

aco175

Legend
Whose Tom Baker and why do you hope he stays out of this movie?
He is the 4th Dr. Who- kind of like the 1e version of Doctors from my youth. He is only 87ish, so he could do something in the movie, but I'm not sure why.
1621996637571.png

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
Yeah, he was supposedly an elf. D&D elves tend not to be bulky 6'4" individuals with popeyes and a large nose. I love the bloke, but it really was a daft casting.

Okay, as I've actually been to Wells Cathedral, here are a few things you should know about it. It incorporates The Bishop's Palace, which has a large garden, surrounded by a thick medieval wall and water-filled moat. It also has a medieval gatehouse (and ye olde gifte shoppe) and courtyard. It's almost certainly "playing" castle or city walls, something it has done on TV and film before (e.g. in Hot Fuzz).

It suggests the film is going for a grounded pseudo-medieval look, rather than something more gonzo high fantasy.

The whole town of Wells retains many medieval features, which you could use if you digitally removed the modern stuff. And it's only 2 hours drive from London.

Bishop_s-Palace-Credit-Paul-Higham-01_148638702_243546361.jpg

bishops-palace-at-wells-cathedral-shirley-mitchell.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Okay, as I've actually been to Wells Cathedral, here are a few things you should know about it. It incorporates The Bishop's Palace, which has a large garden, surrounded by a thick medieval wall and water-filled moat. It also has a medieval gatehouse (and ye olde gifte shoppe) and courtyard. It's almost certainly "playing" castle or city walls, something it has done on TV and film before (e.g. in Hot Fuzz).

It suggests the film is going for a grounded pseudo-medieval look, rather than something more gonzo high fantasy.

The whole town of Wells retains many medieval features, which you could use if you digitally removed the modern stuff. And it's only 2 hours drive from London.

Bishop_s-Palace-Credit-Paul-Higham-01_148638702_243546361.jpg

bishops-palace-at-wells-cathedral-shirley-mitchell.jpg
Did not know anything specific about Wells Cathedral, but that is what I sort of figured: Medieval scenery (which fits the Forgotten Realms), not Christian iconography.

Remove ads

Remove ads