• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Making of the Misadventures of the Star Wars Iconic Characters...

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Valara Saar said:
Color me embarresed, though I don't believe Gammoreans can speak basic, or be pilots.

There you go again...

Gamorreans can understand basic, but cannot speak it for the same reasons Wookiees can't... So that's hardly their fault.

And any Gamorrean can be a pilot, so long as they have a vehicle and roll high enough on their Pilot skill check.

With a little luck, I'll have RCRB before noon tomorrow.

Hey, does anyone have any particular starship preferences? Size? Speed? Armament? Accomidations? Style?

Valara Saar

First Post
Super Star Destroyer :D.

If you were serious, a Citadel cruiser. 1 or 2 pilots up to 14 passengers, a mostly defensive weapons array, and it was mostly used by nobles and pirates during the Old Republic, Oh the irony. If its suppoused to belong to the pirates that works.

It could also work for the Pathfinder 3. Other ships are either too small for the number of people, or way too large.

As far as Gammorean pilots, it depends on whether you agree with the EU or not. In the novels, Gammoreans do not have the mental capacity to be pilots period. The only Gam pilot in the entire Star Wars universe is Voort "piggy" Sabring. He was part of an imperial experiment to increase the intelligence of certain species. Him and an Ewok. Anway the doctor that created the batch of smart piggies suicided taking all his creations but Voort with him. Voort is in three of the X-Wing novels, and he is in Rebel Dream of the New Jedi Order series.

Last edited:

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Well...

I was looking through SotG, and there aren't many ships that are completely suited to this group. As you said, required crews either run small (1 or 2) or very large (50+). There are very, very few ships for 6-8 characters. You get two people running the ship, and everyone else sitting on their hands.

A Gallofree Medium Transport could work, as would a Corellian Star Shuttle, though they aren't particularly glamourous. A Corellian Star Cruiser could work, but I'm already using one of those in another game. A scaled down version of the IPV could work well also... there just hasn't been anything that really jumps out.

Luckily I have rather extesive WEG sources for conversion and modification.

I'm just looking for the styles of ships you prefer so I don't offer something you'd hate.

Set Harth

First Post
Yeah, got the revised rules book yesterday 5/9/02. I'll be burring myself in all the changes this weekend. Only complaint so far... They could have give the pressige classes names too.. More iconics the merrier. Besides That Blue Twli'ek Jedi Ace looks like Set's type

Dave G

First Post
Jack, have you checked out some of the ships available at SWRPGNetwork? They are pretty well done, and there should be some that fit the bill...

Sia-Lan Wezz

Arani Korden

First Post
Set Harth said:
Besides That Blue Twli'ek Jedi Ace looks like Set's type

I'll just bet she is. ;)

I got my book today (having Called In a Favor) and it looks like Kira Lar, iconic Rebel Trooper, has left to pursue other interests. The rest of the iconics made the transition, though Bal Serinus has apparently been demoted to Generic Dark Jedi Guardian.

And the new guy is no Dorn, but he's okay for a tattooed and horned tech guy. I like the goggles.

Arani Korden

First Post
Force Adepts get to choose the order of the three basic force feats (Alter, Sense, Control), which is my favorite change, since before *every* non-Jedi force tradition in the galaxy developed their powers in the exact same order. Force Weapon is bumped up to a d8, they geta few bonus feats, and at higher levels they pick up Force Secrets - sort of like a Loremaster's Secret ability, this gives them focused bonii on particular force skills. Jedi Masters also get this ability, but neither Jedi base class does.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads