log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Bolo lets out a shriek unlike anything the others have heard before. She jumps and shakes, lashing out with her knives and way.

Sannit ignores the one attacking him and tries to knock the spider off her back.

These spiders are very quick. Before San-Bolo can react, the one on Bolo re-attempts to sink it's fangs but is still unable to penetrate her armor, and the one that missing Sannit leaps from the ground straight at him, missing his armor and sinking its fangs into his right thigh.
[sblock=Spider Attack]d100 + Attack - Defend: 80 + 33 - 47 = 66
armor coverage chance failed
% * damage: 66% * 5 = 3
[/sblock]
GM: Sannit takes 3 damage. Body(10) - 3 = 7. -3 penalty to following attack rolls.

Bolo's momentary and understandable loss of composure causes her to be unable to shake her spider loose. Despite this, Sannit, ignoring his own plight, is able to remove the spider with his axe and render it useless to further combat.
[sblock=Sannit's Attack]d100 + attack - damage - defense: 90 + 48 - 3 - 33 = 102
102% * damage = 1.02 * 20 = 20
20 - soak(10) = 10
body(6) - 10 = -4 incapacitated
mind(6) - 4 = 2 still conscious
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Aust Thale

Explorer
Aust parries his attacker with his spear, attempting to stab it and pin it to the ground. Revan notches her arrow point blank to perform a similar manuever against her spider. Neither are panicked and carefully watch the spiders' movements, continuing to counter-attack once a spider is a) airborne mid-jump, or b) at end point of their movement.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sheldon is not quite startled, but having a spider land on him that is the size of half of his body does cause him to exclaim in a rather undignified manner. He grabs the spider by the body in a reflex action as the spider tries to press itself down to take another bite. Sheldon proves to be stronger and prevents this action. Meanwhile the other spider that originally missed, launches itself at his lower body, singing its fangs through the corded kilt and into his thigh.
OOC: damage = 2, body(10) - 2 = 8

Sheldon cries out in pain but does not lose focus, sending electrical charge into everything touching his body, knocking both spiders away and injuring them.
[sblock=Sheldon's Attack]d100 + Essence + Mind + Adhesion + Knowledge + Will + Collegiate
80 + 37 = 117 - resistance = 117 - d100 - 31 = 117 - 70 - 31 = 16
16% * damage = .16 * 27 = 4
Body(6) - 4 = 2 (hurt)
[/sblock]
The spider that originaly missed Indigo jumps back at her faster than she can react landing on her right side and sinking its fangs into her shoulder.
OOC: damage = 4, body(10) - 4 = 6

Indigo, naturally more quiet than Sheldon, does not cry out but uses her free left hand to stab her small sword into the spider.
[sblock=Indigo's Attack]83 + 46 - 33 = 96
.96 * 20 = 19 - 10 = 9
body(6) - 9 = -3 incapacitated
mind(6) - 3 = 3 conscious
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Aust parries his attacker with his spear, attempting to stab it and pin it to the ground.
The spider is faster than Aust and avoids his parry but is still unable to penetrate the corded hauberk with its fangs. As the spider bounces away, Aust thrusts his lanzita sliding it off the thorax and into the abdomen, pinning the spider but not killing it.
[sblock=Aust's Attacks]d100 + core + Strength + Motility + base - spider defense
65 + 30 + 2 + 2 + 4 - 33 = 70
.70 * 20 = 14 - 10(chitin carapace) = 4
body(6) - 4 = 2 injured
[/sblock]

Revan notches her arrow point blank to perform a similar maneuver against her spider.
The spider on Revan is also faster, launching straight at her chest, causing her to take a step backward and spin, but the spider's fangs cannot penetrate the corded hauberk. As the spider dislodges and prepares for another jump, Revan looses her arrow, point blank, the arrow lodging between the head and thorax, pinning and incapacitating the spider.
[sblock=Revan's Attack]d100 + core + Will + Motility + base - spider defense
83 + 30 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 39 = 81
.81 * 20 = 16 - 10(chitin carapce) = 6
body(6) - 6 = 0 incapacitated
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
End of Combat Sequence 1

The pack animals buck and kick, but hunter spiders are used to attacking larger prey and are very quick. Fortunately, the pack animals' rough hide as yet protects them from the intended bites of the spiders. Neither pack animal is injured at this point and neither has injured a spider.

GM: *Note: Every character who took damage from a spider has been poisoned with a neurotoxin.

[sblock=Toxicity for Spider]Essence + Mind + Confluence + Personality = 10 + 6 + 3 + 2 = 21
[/sblock]
[sblock=Virulency for Spider]Essence + Mind + Confluence + Knowledge + Personality + Collegiate =
10 + 6 + 3 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 25
[/sblock]
[sblock=Resistance for Characters]d100 + core + Health + Cohesion + Will
[/sblock]
OOC: All poisoned characters make a resistance roll. (d100)
Everyone roll for sequence. (d10)
Everyone make 2 attack rolls, just in case. (d100)
Everyone state intentions.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
CS: Sannit: -10, Bolo: - 8.

Sannit feels the sickening effect of the poison beginning to course its way through his body. He knows he must crush these arachnids before his strength leaves him. Attack: 233 (91 + 94 + 48)

From the corner of her eye Bolo sees Sheldon summon electricity with his body and she stabs at the next closest spider attempting to summon fire to burn it. 239 (96 + 98 + 45)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Second Combat Sequence

Sannit feels the sickening effect of the poison beginning to course its way through his body. He knows he must crush these arachnids before his strength leaves him.
Sannit's mind begins to go fuzzy, but his purpose of thought still holds true for his actions.
OOC: Mind(10) - Poison(2) = 8

Sannit proves quicker than the spider at his side and swings down very hard at it with his axe, sending it sailing away from his body in two pieces as he separates thorax from abdomen.
[sblock=Sannit's Attack]Attack: 233 (91 + 94 + 48) - damage(5) = 228
228 - spider defense(33) = 195
1.95 * weapon(20) = 39 - soak(10) = 29
body(6) - 39 = -23 incapacitated
mind(6) - 33 = -17 unconscious
essence(10) - 27 = -7 dead
[/sblock]
From the corner of her eye Bolo sees Sheldon summon electricity with his body and she stabs at the next closest spider attempting to summon fire to burn it.
The spider that has been trying unsuccessfully to bite Bolo launches at her a third time, as she stabs her dirk at it. The force of its jump combining with the force of her thrust, pierces through the head and into the thorax as part of the body begins to steam and melt away.
[sblock=Bolo's Attack]239 (96 + 98 + 45)
239 - spider defense(33) = 206
2.06 * 10 = 21 - soak(10) = 11

body(6) - 10 = -4 incapacitated
mind(6) - 4 = 2 conscious

Heat = 96 + 98 + generate heat(32) = 226
226 - resistance(31) = 195
1.95 * heat(25) = 49

mind(2) - 49 = -47 unconscious
essence(10) - 47 = -37 dead still burning
[/sblock]

The spider that has bitten Merin attempts to jump away but it is not quite quick enough as Tor lands into it with his sword before it can move farther away crippling it, yet it still lives. Merin at this point seems very confused.
OOC: Mind(10) - 8 = 2

[sblock=Merin's Resistance]30 + 30 - 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 = 64
Virulency / Resistance = .39 * toxicity(21) = 8
Mind(10) - 8 = 2
[/sblock]
[sblock=Tor's Attack]53 + 49 - 33 = 69
.69 * 30 = 21 - soak(10) = 11
body(6) - 11 = -5 incapacitated
mind(6) - 5 = 1 unfunctioning
[/sblock]
OOC: Sheldon begins to be somewhat confused. Mind(10) - 6 = 4

[sblock=Sheldon's Resistance]53 + 30 - 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 93
25 / 93 = .26 * 21 = 6
[/sblock]
The spiders that Sheldon previously injured are both attempting to move away. Despite his lessened condition, Sheldon arms the bow he is once again carrying on loan from Bolo and attempts to put an arrow into one of them, managing to do so, killing it. The other continues to crawl away.
OOC: Indigo begins to be somewhat confused. Mind(10) - 5 = 5

[sblock=Indigo's Resistance]61+ 30 - 4 + 4 + 3 + 3 = 97
25 / 97 = .26 * 21 = 5
[/sblock]
Indigo moves after the second spider that trying to crawl away from Sheldon, over taking it and swinging at it with her small sword, not making a very effective blow in her weakened condition but still enough to kill the injured spider.

Aust finishes off the spider he has pinned to the ground. The only remaining functional spiders are the ones attacking the pack animals. The one attacking the donkey manages to land its fangs into the softer area around the animal's neck, jumping away as the donkey still bucks and kicks. The one attacking the burro is yet still unable to make an effective bite. Revan takes aim and fires at the spider that missed the burro piercing through a groove in the carapace and pinning the arachnid.
[sblock=Revan's Attack]82 + 35 - 39 = 78
.78 * 20 = 16 - soak(10) = 6
body(6) - 6 = 0 incapacitated
[/sblock]
The only remaining spider is moving away, which is their normal tactic. Once they have bitten, they wait for the venom to paralyze their victim and returning later to eat their warm soft meal. Tor, who is uninjured, knows he cannot catch the spider on foot so he switches to the new bow he is carrying. Bolo, regaining her composure, quickly shifts to her bow and launches an arrow after the departed spider before Tor can loose, killing the fleeing beast. Tor looses his arrow anyway just for the extra practice and to make sure.

GM: End of Combat Sequence 2
Merin:
Body(10) - 2 = 8 hurt
Mind(10) - 8 = 2 confused

Sannit:
Body(10) - 3 = 7 hurt
Mind(10) - 2 = 8 slowed

Sheldon:
Body(10) - 2 = 8 hurt
Mind(10) - 4 = 6 somewhat confused

Indigo:
Body(10) - 4 = 6 hurt
Mind(10) - 5 = 5 somewhat confused

Donkey:
Body(10) - 2 = 8 hurt
Mind(4) - 4 = 0 paralyzed


GM: All spiders are down. All persons previously bitten need to resist venom, again (d100).

GM: Everyone who remains conscious needs to state intentions.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Bolo suggests all the wounded and way gifted gather together and hold hands with her. She was uninjured so she will attempt to use way to aid healing and resist poison.

Sannit quietly takes her left hand and puts his other to his wound with a grimace.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Bolo said:
Bolo suggests all the wounded and way gifted gather together and hold hands with her. She was uninjured so she will attempt to use way to aid healing and resist poison.

Tor nods in agreement and, also being uninjured, grabs Merin, who still looks confused and befuddled, and helps him join the circle; Tor then concentrates on helping Bolo with the focused efforts of his mind.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Aust Thale

Explorer
Aust & Revan join the circle, putting all of their latent and undisciplined manipulation of the way into assisting in rebuking the poison. Upon completion, Aust examines the spider closely, making sure they are dead and then placing them in a bag. He wants to tap this paralytic poison to utilize in in future encounters. Revan attend to the frightened and wounded animals, gracefully attempting a similar manipulation of the way herself to help the poison pass. With considerable luck, perhaps she can stave off any further damage to the animals.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Dealing with the Toxin

Bolo suggests all the wounded and way gifted gather together and hold hands with her. She was uninjured so she will attempt to use way to aid healing and resist poison.

Sannit quietly takes her left hand and puts his other to his wound with a grimace.


Tor nods in agreement and, also being uninjured, grabs Merin, who still looks confused and befuddled, and helps him join the circle; Tor then concentrates on helping Bolo with the focused efforts of his mind.


Aust & Revan join the circle, putting all of their latent and undisciplined manipulation of the way into assisting in rebuking the poison.

Before the well-thought, intended action can occur, the neurotoxin continues its course in the four affected people. Merin loses consciousness, and Tor is forced to ease him to the ground. At this point, however, he seems stable, simply asleep. Sheldon is still conscious but appears more confused and sits down. Indigo takes a step toward the circle, loses consciousness, and falls to the ground. At this point, she too appears stable. Sannit becomes somewhat confused and stops moving forward, standing still.

GM: End of Combat
Merin:
Body(10) - 2 = 8 hurt
Mind(10) - 10 = 0 paralyzed

Sannit:
Body(10) - 3 = 7 hurt
Mind(10) - 6 = 4 somewhat confused

Sheldon:
Body(10) - 2 = 8 hurt
Mind(10) - 6 = 4 somewhat confused

Indigo:
Body(10) - 4 = 6 hurt
Mind(10) - 10 = 0 paralyzed

Donkey:
Body(10) - 2 = 8 hurt
Mind(4) - 4 = 0 paralyzed



At this point, Bolo must change tactics. She looks directly as Sannit and very quietly says, "Wait."

Sannit immediately sits on the ground where he was standing. Bolo delves back into her memory, She leaves Sannit's side and moves to the sleeping body of Indigo, who is closest to her. She places her hands on the other woman's head and concentrates. She then moves to Merin and does the same thing. Not liking to speak aloud, she moves to Tor and speaks quietly to him.

Tor then addresses the group, "Bolo says that the toxin has run its course. Merin and Indigo are merely sleeping. Sannit and Sheldon will soon loose consciousness as well. Their wounds can be tended. They should all wake in the morning, none the worse for wear."

Bolo moves back to Sannit and motions for the others to join her. Tor takes some of the herbs he has remaining and places them in Sannit's wound, holding them there while the group concentrates. Everyone moves to Sheldon next, then Merin, then Indigo, lastly the donkey.

OOC: With the combined effort of Bolo, Tor, Aust, and Revan, there is a 116% chance to heal everyone's wounds with a combined recuperative total of 17, bringing all injured members and the donkey to full health


Having a different background than Bolo, Tor indicates that consciousness can be restored as well, by almost the same effort.

OOC: The combined effort is still a 116% chance with a recuperative total of 19, making the group even more effective in this effort.


Sannit and Sheldon both immediately stand when returned to full consciousness causing everyone's hands to fall away. Both take only a heartbeat or two to regain awareness of their surrounding. Indigo blinks twice, then stands, checking her former wound. When the donkey regains consciousness, it's limited intelligence does not allow it to remain calm; but as Revan was already intending the action, leaving her hands on the animals neck, she is able to quickly calm it.

Sheldon, as if he was never injured, helps Aust in removing the venom glands from the spiders. He also suggest removing the hardened chitin thorax from those that are intact as they could very readily be turned into bucklers like the ones Aust and Revan carry, as the thorax of theses spiders is the size of a large man's thigh.

GM: Collections:
7 chitin carapaces
5 venom glands

GM: Everyone Receives 33 XP
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sheldon, who has completely regained his composure, checks on Indigo before helping Aust. Once the carapaces and glands are collected he states,

"I'm famished! No sense letting all this meat go to waste."

He takes the base joints of the legs of all the spiders. These are about the size of a thin man's forearm and places them in a pile.

"Spider tastes just like crab when cooked over a smoldering fire. Yea, yea, I know I'm weird, but I never really cared for pork. Speaking of pigs, Merin will you... I don't mean you're a pig. Maybe there is some residual effect from that toxin. Merin will you build a fire while I take the rest of these spider remains some distance from here so as to not draw the roving pigs directly to us. Of course, it's getting dark. If anyone else wants to help, that would be great."
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo help with dressing the spiders, but keep a wary eye on the trees above. "I don't like the way those things were able to pounce on us like that. We've got to be more aware of our surroundings," Sannit grumbles.

Bolo puts a reassuring hand on his back, but her other hand rubs the back of her neck, as though recalling the weight of the spider.

Sannit collects the fangs of the creature's too. "Just like the lizard skull," he says with his customary smile returned. When Sheldon proposes eating the spiders, Sannit laughs. "We eat what we kill, except tribesmen. We ought to write a cookbook."
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
"Speaking of pigs, Merin will you... I don't mean you're a pig. Maybe there is some residual effect from that toxin. Merin will you build a fire while I take the rest of these spider remains some distance from here so as to not draw the roving pigs directly to us. Of course, it's getting dark. If anyone else wants to help, that would be great."

Merin chuckles, and says:

"It's ok, Sheldon, I know what you meant," as he starts building the fire.

Tor nods at Sheldon, and says:

"I'll help you. Let's go."
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Traveling West: Night 1

Spider parts are disposed farther away from the rivulet. Strewn supplies are gathered. A sheltered fire is built and the evening meal cooked. Watches are set and the party members climb into their strung hammocks.

During Bolo's watch, though she cannot see them, she hears what appears to be pigs rooting around and coming closer to the camp. She touches Sannit who wakes easily and quietly begins to wake the others. Bolo takes some dried twigs that are set for the purpose and tosses them on the embers of the fire. As the twigs begin to ignite, the rooting gets more noisy, as if the small fire might have somewhat startled the pigs.

~I think it is just pigs.~

Sheldon very quietly walks over and takes some sugar from the pack on the burro while calming the animals that are beginning to show signs of nervousness. He takes a handful of sugar and tosses it over the small fire. The sugar crackles and ignites sending up a shower of sparks and rapidly increasing the fire though only for an instant.

It is only pigs. Fully startled by the fire's commotion, they trot away and begin rooting again at a much safer distance, continuing on away.

OOC: Sheldon did not manipulate way. Sugar really does that when thrown over a fire.

 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Traveling West: Morning Day 2

The party breaks camp in the morning continuing westward, following the rivulet. The two pack animals are no longer tethered together. When the party begins to depart, Sheldon brushes the donkey's nose, calming it, points to Sannit with the donkey facing him and says directly to the donkey,

"Follow Sannit."

The donkey walks to Sannit waiting his lead. Sheldon then brushes the burro's nose, calming it, points to the donkey with the burro facing him and says directly to the burro,

"Follow donkey."

The burro walks in stride behind the donkey.

As the party walks, Sheldon takes a small paring knife from the packs and works on the jeweled spider carapaces, using pieces of the gut string he carries to fashion a way to fasten them. Before the company stops for a midday rest, he will have finished functional chitin bucklers from all the thoraxes.

As the party walks, Indigo diverts from often to examine various mushrooms, weeds, and shrubs.

OOC: Party Collections:
Lizard Skull
20 Large Brown Talons (about the length of a man's hand)
20 bricks Dried Ham
24 Jeweled Spider Fangs (about the length of a man's hand)
7 Jeweled Spider Chitin Thoraxes
5 Neurotoxin Venom Glands


GM: Everyone state specific intentions to conduct while traveling.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo keep their eyes on the terrain, taking note of landmarks, signs of animals, and the weather. Whenever the group stops they will go hunting/ scouting or train.
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin will keep the small bow out while traveling, but he doesn't put any tension on the bowstring. Both he and Tor are keeping alert, being somewhat paranoid about the possibility of encountering more spiders.

Tor notes,

"We should see about coating our arrows with the spider toxin. Might give us an edge against these tribesmen we're going after."

GM: There is enough total toxin to successfully coat 15 arrows, using all five glands. The venom will remain toxic to its full potential for about 2 days, afterward it rapidly decays losing virulence. Based on what the party has been told. The arrows should not be coated until midday the following day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Traveling West: Day 2: Midday


Nothing out of the ordinary occurred during the morning. The party has stopped for a midday meal. The pack animals are allowed to forage on their own.

OOC: Sheldon is able to complete all 7 chitin bucklers.

OOC: Indigo discovers and collects some small comfrey plants growing near the rivulet and some edible mushrooms.

OOC: San-Bolo easily note the well used pig trail. They also spot a track of a rather large cat, and are able to shoot one upland turkey.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Nearing the End of Day 2


As the day wears on, the distinctive sound of something digging comes from up ahead. The carcass of a medium size pig can be seen at about 6 paces, near the rivulet, with dirt flying from the edge of the creek up toward the carcass.

Sheldon halts the pack animals with a touch. As the party spreads out and creeps forward, the digging suddenly stops, when the group reaches about 4 paces, and up from the whole pops an armored brown head and front legs of a large brown lizard, which opens its wide gape to clamp on its kill when its suddenly spots a group of intruders.

Closing its mouth, it looks left and right before suddenly launching itself out of the hole and letting out an ear piercing scream, causing everyone to clamp his ears.

GM: Resist Stun will be determined first.

OOC: Combat Sequence next.

GM: Everyone state intended actions.
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top