• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Hearing Sannit's words and perhaps perceiving the displeasure of his thoughts concerning his premature departure, he returns to the Tanner, having only been gone less than a moment.

Forgive my lack of propriety, despite previously taking a spear to the gut, I do not wish to attain any further armor. We shall yet see if the decision will be foolish. Whatever skins we have over what is necessary to outfit our old friend, Saemund, I am for selling to Raven. I will wait until we are finished, here. We should all see Lyndha together.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Improving Our Armor

Merin and Tor both decide to follow Sheldon's example, and leave several pieces with Maeli to be lacquered.

OOC:

Merin: Laminar Deerskin Greaves

Tor: Laminar Deerskin Greaves, Laminar Deerskin Cuisses, and Laminar Deerskin Belt.

Tor suggests that, in regard to Saemund, the rest of the snake skin be used to make him some armor pieces, and whatever pieces can't be made, be purchased from Raven (Deer Skin) and lacquered by Maeli.

OOC:
When the office is slow, I can post several times during the week. I am rarely / almost never able to respond on Saturdays and Sundays, because that's the time I reserve for household projects / spending time with family. However, I can usually BRIEFLY respond to text messages, no matter when they are sent, and if you'd like to take my responses to those texts, and post things on my characters' behalf, you gladly have my permission to do so. I love playing this game! And I don't want to slow the game down, but unfortunately, I do have a lot of irons in the fire, so-to-speak. :D

Last edited:

MacConnell

Raven, Maeli, and The Trade Store

Raven takes the skins and makes the necessary measurements for the pieces of armor.
OOC: Total Manufacturing Request:
Sannit: Black Snakeskin Boots, 100 clams, 1 day
Bolo: Black Snakeskin Boots, 100 clams, 1 day
Tor: Black Snakeskin Greaves, 100 clams, 1/2 day
Merin: Black Snakeskin Greaves, 100 clams, 1/2 day
Merin: Black Snakeskin Surcoat, 100 clams, 1 day
Saemund: Black Snakeskin Tunic, 100 clams, 1 day

GM: Total Cost = 600 clams
Total Time = 5 days
Sold Skins = 46 clams

Dropping by the Herbalist on the way to the Trade Store, Tor and Merin realize that since they are having better greaves made there is no need to lacquer the ones they are currently wearing. Maeli apologizes but says that she only has enough material to lacquer the greaves for Sheldon and the belt for Tor, but since Merin's bracers have chitin barding, that can be used to make them lacquered instead.
OOC: Sheldon: Black Lacquered Greaves, 100 clams, 1 day
Tor: Black Lacquered Belt, 100 clams, same day
Merin: Blue Lacquered Bracers, 100 clams, same day

GM: Total Cost = 300 clams
Total Time = 1 day

It is late afternoon when everyone arrives at the Trade Store. Due to the Salt Caravan being in town, the store is quite busy. Enough so, that the party elects to wait outside, except for Sannit who will voice business and Saemund who needs boots.

Despite his youth, the patrons in the store nod and give deference to Sannit, some pausing to stare at his armor. Locals greet him. Lyndha meets his eye in between customers.
Happy Hunting, Sannit. I see you have a new member with you. I will take care of your needs presently. Giodavi has decided to have an actual meeting this evening after the Boar's Head closes. We would like you and the Seekers to be present. We will discuss matters then. Happy Hunting.
OOC: Saemund: Boots, Cost = 60 clams

Party Inventory

Store Inventory

GM: If anyone else wished to make purchases, let me know. Are there any other tasks?

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor each buy 6 arrows, to replace the ones they've shot in the last little while.

GM: Arrows are sold in groups of 10. Cost = 20 clams. Party credit updated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
OOC: I've been informed we can repurpose the flint kukris into arrowheads. San-Bolo will do that for their prospective weapons at the next opportunity.
Note to Saemund - since stone retains heat from way we still use the flint tips for our arrows in combat. extra fire damage.

"Sometimes we're the hunters and sometimes the hunted, but we survive all the same," Sannit says with a grin. He lowers his voice and adds, "If you have a moment to spare can you go outside and meet Bolo's pet? She'll start sulking if you don't."

Outside with Turtle, Bolo doesn't mind that Lyndha is too busy. She will speak to her tonight. She's thinking about how badass she and Sannit will look in their matching snakeskin boots. Good thing he came to his senses and got her a pair too.

Turtle has appreciated all the attention from the townspeople. He feels like he understands Bolo better after staying in this place with her.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 29: Evening: Back at the Boar's Head

Tavern.jpg

The Seekers are able to leave their pack animals back at their home site. Back at the Boar's head that evening, Turtle, who is in total still slightly smaller than Tor, marches right in the door with everyone else. As Bolo is about to send him back outside, Giodavi conveys that he can stay and that he is better behaved than many others' dogs. Turtle takes a place on the floor beside Bolo and is even delivered a plate of food, like everyone else, though it contains more vegetables than meat since bears prefer them, though they are omnivorous.

The tavern is quite crowded. Members of the Salt Caravan will be leaving tomorrow and are enjoying their last night in town before continuing the long walk South. Several of the more outgoing stop at the Seekers table to converse a bit and ask questions about their exceptional armoring and pay respects to the well-liked bear.

When Giodavi announces that he is closed for the evening, the following other people remain:
Lyndha with Raven, Maeli and the new weaver/seemstress,
Clavo, the Carpenters Guild Head, and two unknown carpenters,
Caccio, the Captain of the Guard, and two guards.

Giodavi -
Good evening folks. I have now asked for the Southroad Seekers, whom you all now know, to join us in this meeting, and I hope they will continue to do so in the future. The seem to have accepted our community as their own have have done a marvelous job thus far in protecting us and providing well needed information about the outlying area.

For those of you who do not yet know, Southroad Fair has been targeted by one or more of the Asylim Magisters. We know very little about this at this time. Here is what I do know
OOC: 7 Magisters: 3 Ansylin, 2 Amiradtha, 2 Shimadow
AnsylinAgeMain IncomeSecondary Income
Contadino Cotone71Cotton CaravanGambling
Asciutto Zucchero44Sugar caravanBrothel
Molo Pesce67Fishing BoatsTavern
Amiradtha
Suausedaserp22Silk CaravanTavern / Brothel
Shafemarron45Coffee CaravanGambling
Shimadow
Kinamon Kanela33Spice CaravanBrothel
Xiros Alas56Salt CaravanTavern

The Seekers have already eliminated a known threat to our community because of this and found documentation that Lyndha confirmed. We do not know which of the Magisters is involved, but before we take any direct line of action, I propose we make insure the safety of this community. We still know of one existing threat but nothing more than that. The Seekers have already agreed to look into the matter of the 'Haunted Tree' and because of their past voluntary actions, I would like to appoint Sannit to the position of Master of Diplomacy and give him an equal say in our votes as the voice of the Southroad Seekers. What say you? All in favor by show of hands.
Giodavi raises his own hand. Lyndha, Clavo, and Cachio all raise their hands.

The vote is unanimous by the standing members. Sannit do you accept?

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit smiles and stands, "I accept the position, although I would not like to be called master in person unless it is of combat. When we left the silk caravan we were merely bored with the monotony of the life, but it seems in seeking our fate we found a place where we can make a stand against villainy. I never knew the name of the owner of the silk caravan until now, but we will not forget Suausedaserp. It is possible he gave the order that lead to the trouble Saemund told us of, but we will be careful not to leap to conclusions. Obviously since we are building our own dwelling in the town we share the problems of Southroad Fair, but we will still be travelling a lot."

As Sannit drones on and all attention is on him, Bolo reaches out with way to link with Sheldon and Merin to sense the motive of everyone else in the room. Magisters with deep pockets would find a way to buy the loyalty of someone in town.

Turtle sits by the door and waits. Are the humans going to talk all night?

MacConnell

The Town Meeting Continues

Sannit smiles and stands, "I accept the position, although I would not like to be called master in person unless it is of combat. When we left the silk caravan we were merely bored with the monotony of the life, but it seems in seeking our fate we found a place where we can make a stand against villainy.
Giodavi -
Clavo does not like the term either. I need to think of something else. The two of you have similar backgrounds and different from that of the rest of us. It sound a bit elitist. Hmm... Ah, I have it. Let us use the term Minister instead of Master. I call myself Mayor. We will call Lyndha Minister of Finance, Clavo, Minister of Construction, Cachio, Minister of Defense, and Sannit Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Giodavi smiles at himself. Clavo bobs his head indicating his approval of the change.

Sannit -
I never knew the name of the owner of the silk caravan until now, but we will not forget Suausedaserp. It is possible he gave the order that lead to the trouble Saemund told us of, but we will be careful not to leap to conclusions. Obviously since we are building our own dwelling in the town we share the problems of Southroad Fair, but we will still be travelling a lot.
Giodavi and the other are unaware of this new information and Sannit relates the story told by Saemund when the group first returned to town.

Giodavi -
I agree. We should not leap to conclusions, but this is good information to have, despite its sadness for the loss of family members.
OOC: As Sannit drones on and all attention is on him, Bolo reaches out with way to link with Sheldon and Merin to sense the motive of everyone else in the room. Magisters with deep pockets would find a way to buy the loyalty of someone in town.

GM: While everyone in the room is within range, especially with the 3 members linked, Bolo would need 10 ranks in Academic and 1 rank in Divination skills to be able to detect radially. She will need to pick one person at a time: simply list the people in order and I will add the necessary information.

Turtle sits by the door and waits. Are the humans going to talk all night?

One of the employees who is cleaning, brings Turtle a plate of scraps to occupy his time, scratching him on the head as she sets the plate on the floor. Turtle thinks that maybe talking is not so bad when he gets extra scraps to fill his ever hungry belly.

OOC: Giodavi likes to talk as well and has an excellent voice for it. He continues, as well as comments from others concerning normal town business. He will get back to the Haunted Tree at the close, which gives Bolo time to analyze those present.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
OOC: I'm pretty sure Giodavi, Lyndha, and Raven are on the level so skip them. I would say the order you listed them in is fine: Maeli and the new weaver/seemstress,
Clavo, the Carpenters Guild Head, and two unknown carpenters,
Caccio, the Captain of the Guard, and two guards

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
OOC:
I agree, that order works fine for me.

To The GM: I forgot what you told me about mental-only communication; what is involved, and is Merin capable of it yet? I know it's not radial, because I am guessing that radial use would follow the same pattern as Divination. If Merin must choose someone to communicate with, it would be Bolo. But would communicating mentally with her cause her detection to go awry? If there is even a POSSIBILITY of that, Merin will wait until she is finished.

GM: Telepathy takes higher skill ranks. I have not fully developed that far ahead yet, but at this point I can tell you that you will need 10 ranks in Divination before it will be possible. Divination comes after, either, Aberrative or Academic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads