log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Western Jungle (PbP)

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Matumbo will put some distance between himself and the others so they will not be caught in an area effect Way manipulation. He will occasionally fire at someone behind him to keep their heads down.
07, 41
 

log in or register to remove this ad

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Merin follows Sheldon and Matumbo without further conversation. If he senses anyone gaining on them, he will pause just long enough to turn, and clap his hands, sending a sonic wave of high pitched frequencies toward their pursuers; otherwise, he will pour on the speed.
Matumbo will put some distance between himself and the others so they will not be caught in an area effect Way manipulation. He will occasionally fire at someone behind him to keep their heads down.
As Matumbo moves off to one flank, Vadin moves off to the other, while Sheldon and Merindell spread some distance between them in the middle. It takes just over half an hour of moderately difficult travel before the four reach the edge of the area from which the Da'Roneh have cleared the undergrowth. Between the three who can attack at range, a few more of the youth are removed from pursuit.

Once the more entangled growth of jungle is reached, travel can no longer be maintained at such a pace. In fact, running or jogging becomes impossible. Remembering that a path is made nearer the lake, the four begin to pick their way down slope. Each man considers stopping and using the cover to engage the enemy but rejects the idea as they will be just as difficult to see, equalizing the possibility of an advantage.

After another hour of transversing the heavy growth, a more cleared area is again reached. The entire length of the valley from north to south would take about a day to cross, so the northern pass would still have to be several hours away. Regrouping, the party pauses to listen after its pursuers. A fair number must still be following.

Wanting another look, the men take some distance along the trail to halt and wait for the Da'Roneh to break clear of the undergrowth. Once clear, the Faethrins move more together in some semblance of military formation. It seems that only two groups are now approaching, one of nubile youths, the other only slightly older.

"Fodder," Sheldon whispers. "Let's try them. They are staggering their formation. There seems to be 16 or 20 total. The first group should be quick to handle."
OOC: Each character receives 2 DP.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
OOC: Basic concept of a Da'Roneh Structure.

C2FC0DE4-86AB-42AC-ACE1-2D5629068F0E.jpeg
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Matumbo will continue to fire arrows at the Da'Roneh. If they close to melee he will drop his bow and pull his kukri to fight.
50, 61
 


MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Effectiveness: Readiness + Speed + Tranquility + d100
Readiness: Body + Combat + post-Combat + style + Motility
Speed: Mind + Commercial + Athletic + Prowess + Knowledge
Tranquility: Essence + Collegiate + post-Collegiate + pre-Enhancement + Adhesion + Cohesion
Sheldon: 25 + 40 + 52 + 55 = 172
Merindell: 26 + 40 + 62 + 50 = 178
Vadin: 51 + 23 + 52 + 50 = 176
Matumbo: 41 + 60 + 30 + 50 = 181
Da'RonehY: 10 + 15 + 19 + 75 = 119
Da'RonehA: 12 + 25 + 50 + 75 = 162
Sheldon: 39(clothing) - 13(strength) + 100(manipulate) - 172 ~ 0
Merindell: 72(clothing) - 14(strength) + 100(manipulate) - 178 ~ 0
Vadin: 68(clothing) - 21(strength) + 40(sword) - 176 ~ 0
Matumbo: 29(clothing) - 21(strength) + 200(bow) - 181 = 27, 227
Da'RonehY: 12(clothing) - 9(strength) + 500(movement) - 119 = 394
Da'RonehA: 24(clothing) - 11(strength) + 500(movement) - 162 = 351
Launch + Accuracy + Tranquility + d100
Launch: Body + Combat + Projectile + Motility
Accuracy: Mind + Commercial + Athletic + Prowess + Knowledge
Matumbo: 41 + 60 + 30 + 61 = 192 + 100(range) = 292
Avoid + Analysis + d100
Da'RonehY: 15 + 19 + 75 = 109
DY5: damage: 192 - 109 = 83% * 10 = 8 - 4(deflect) = 4
Body: 8 - 4 = 4, hurt.
DY6: damage: 292 - 109 = 183% * 10 = 18 - 4(deflect) = 14
Body: 8 - 14 = -6, incapacitated.
Bending + task + d100
Sheldon: 61 + 41(shock) + 75 = 177
Merindell: 41 + 51(sonic blast) + 73 = 165
DY1: 10(conditioning) + 19(fury) + 75(d100) = 104
damage: 177 - 104 = 73% * 10 = 7
Body: 8 - 7 = 1, injured.
DY2: Body: 8 - 7 = 1, injured.
DY3: 10(conditioning) + 19(clarity) + 75(d100) = 104
damage: 165 - 104 = 61% * 10 = 6
Mind: 8 - 6 = 2, dazed.
DY4: Mind: 8 - 6 = 2, dazed.
Matumbo will continue to fire arrows at the Da'Roneh. If they close to melee he will drop his bow and pull his kukri to fight.
Merin will use his aforementioned Sonic attack on the approaching fodder.
Sheldon motions for Vadin to take the left flank while he moves forward on the right, spreading the distance between the Seekers so that the enemy will have to further divide its numbers. He again bend the light around him to blur his image as he moves toward the Da'Roneh. If time permits, he will manipulate waylines to shock the enemy at distance.

Vadin draws his sword and knife, preparing to fight.

Because of the distance of 20 strides that the Da'Roneh youths must cover to close the distance for melee. Matumbo holds his first shot until they are half way there, and then takes a second shot at point blank, before dropping his bow and drawing his kukri. He wounds one of the youths with the first shot and incapacitates the other with the second.

As Sheldon takes up a position on the right flank, he is able to discharge two generated electric shocks, significantly injuring two youths; likewise, Merin is able to generate two different sonic blasts. The sound has less effect on the Da'Roneh than the shock, but he is able to daze two of the youths.

Vadin must wait for them to draw in. When melee ensues, Matumbo finds himself paired with a single, injured youth, but two older Da'Roneh stand away a few more strides. Vadin finds himself facing two youths simultaneously with two older ones standing away a few more strides. Merindell finds himself paired with the two dazed youths but three older ones stand away a few more strides. Sheldon finds himself unengaged as his two severely injured youths quit the combat, but three older ones refuse to close more than a few strides distant.
OOC: Each character receives 2 DP.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Seeing that two other Da'Roneh are closing in on him, Matumbo will attempt to grapple with the injured youth and push him back, bull rushing him to use him as a shield, keeping the injured youth between him and one healthy opponent so that he can disengage from his grapple and attack another with his kukri.
62, 96+30
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
While the two "youts" (OOC: Movie joke, My Cousin Vinny) are not feeling 100%, Merin will lay a hand on each of them, simply grabbing their arms, and pulling them closer to him. He will then manipulate Way in order to drain the life from them.

100 (+89 Luck) = 189
Ha ha Shame to waste such a good roll on fodder.
Ignore the other dice, I had them added for rolls I was making in another game.
7F323874-6144-4C44-BAD5-8A534026B3F1.jpeg

C103D930-9E54-4C22-A10F-E6287B1F4C6B.jpeg
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Effectiveness: Readiness + Speed + Tranquility + d100
Readiness: Body + Combat + post-Combat + style + Motility
Speed: Mind + Commercial + Athletic + Prowess + Knowledge
Tranquility: Essence + Collegiate + post-Collegiate + pre-Enhancement + Adhesion + Cohesion
Sheldon:
Merindell:
Vadin:
Matumbo:
Sheldon: 100(shock), 300(movement)
Merindell: 20(grab), 100(siphon)
Vadin:
Matumbo: 20(grapple), 36(kukri)
OOC: hindrance for kukri should be 36, not 50

Da'RonehY:
Da'RonehA:
Launch + Accuracy + Tranquility + d100
Launch: Body + Combat + Projectile + Motility
Accuracy: Mind + Commercial + Athletic + Prowess + Knowledge
Matumbo:
Avoid + Analysis + d100
Da'RonehY: 15 + 19 + 75 = 109
DY5: Body: 8 - 4 = 4, hurt.
DY6: Body: 8 - 14 = -6, incapacitated.
Aggression + Accuracy + Bolster + d100
Aggression: Body + Combat + Melee/Weaponless + Strength
Accuracy: Mind + Commercial + Athletic + Prowess + Knowledge
Bolster: Essence + Collegiate + post-Collegiate + Adhesion + Confluence
Matumbo: 31 + 60 + 31 + 126 = 248
Readiness + Avoid + Analysis + d100
Readiness: Body + Combat + post-Combat + Motility
Avoid: Mind + Commercial + Obscurative + Knowledge
Analysis: Essence + Collegiate + Divination + Adhesion
Da'Roneh: 12 + 25 + 30 + 75 = 142
damage: 248 - 142 = 106% * 2 = 2 - 2(soak) = 0
(attack - defense - Contortion) * Body
DY5: 248 - 142 - 30 = 76% * 10 = 7
Mind: 10 - 7 = 3, dazed.
Bending + task + d100
Sheldon: 61 + 41(shock) + 89 = 191
Merindell: 41 + 51(siphon) + 189 = 281
Da'Roneh: 30 + 40(sonic blast) + 85 = 155
Sheldon: 25(conditioning) + 52(tranquility) + 89(d100) = 186, resisted
Merindell: 23(conditioning) + 62(tranquility) + 41(quietude) + 89(d100) > 155, resisted
Vadin: 41(conditioning) + 52(tranquility) + 85(d100) > 155, resisted
Matumbo: 42(conditioning) + 32(tranquility) + 62(d100) = 136
damage: 155 - 136 = 19% * 10 = 2 x 2 = 4
Mind: 10 - 4 = 6, dazed.
DY1: Body: 8 - 7 = 1, injured.
DY2: Body: 8 - 7 = 1, injured.
DA1: 12(conditioning) + 50(bolster) + 85(d100) = 147
damage: 191 - 147 = 44% * 10 = 4
Body: 10 - 4 = 6, hurt.
DY3: 10(conditioning) + 19(fury) + 85(d100) = 114
damage: 281 - 114 = 167% * 10 = 17
Body: 8 - 17 = -9, Mind: 2 - 9 = -7, dying.
DY4: dying.
Seeing that two other Da'Roneh are closing in on him, Matumbo will attempt to grapple with the injured youth and push him back, bull rushing him to use him as a shield, keeping the injured youth between him and one healthy opponent so that he can disengage from his grapple and attack another with his kukri.
... Merin will lay a hand on each of them, simply grabbing their arms, and pulling them closer to him. He will then manipulate Way in order to drain the life from them.
Seeing that his new opponents have halted and seeing no range weapons, Sheldon suspects that, like him, they can manipulate waylines at a distance. He runs directly at the one most to his right while targeting the one in the middle with an electric shock.

Matumbo slams into the smaller Da'Roneh with more force than he expected, planting his shoulder into his chest. The tunic absorbs the direct force from the blow, but the man is thrown backward, 7 strides, or would be 7 had he not collided with a tree, knocking the wind from him. The two older Da'Roneh do not draw nearer, but Matumbo suddenly hears a horrible piercing sound in his ears.

Engaging both youths, simultaneously, Vadin significantly injures one and mildly injures the other. The older Da'Roneh seem to have been unsuccessful at causing him harm with their sonic blasts.

Merindell easily catches hold of his two dazed youths, draining all but a mere hour's worth of life from them, almost in an instant. They collapse to the ground. The three older Da'Roneh fail to cause any harm with their sonic blasts. In fact, Merin instinctively unravels the bending, even as it forms, being more advanced in the exact same skill.

Sheldon does not reach his target on foot before the situation dramatically changes. After injuring the Da'Roneh in the middle with an electric shock, the three fail to harm him with sonic blasts, in return.

With only having meager effect on one of the party, with their primary means of manipulating waylines, the older Da'Roneh flee the scene, leaving the remaining youths to their quick fates. Being fairly injured, the one older opponent previously shocked by Sheldon, cannot run quickly enough to escape. Sheldon very quickly catches and kills him.

There are 8 Da'Roneh youths and 1 young adult littered about the small battlefield. It seems rather unlikely that the ones who fled will return any time soon, if they, themselves, returned at all.

OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 23 clams
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
40 Dublins: (gold coin, 800 clams)
42 Rupees: (silver coin, 420 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
OOC:
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
OOC: Animal:
  • Giant Eagle Hide: 100% cover (soak: 10, deflect: 10)
  • Giant Eagle Skull:
  • Giant Eagle Talons: 10
  • Spider Fangs: 5 pair: (+ Cohesion){-Mind / -Will x2}
  • wolverine hides: 240% cover
Metal:
  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 10 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 1 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 5 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 1 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:
  • nothing here at this time
Stone:
  • Slate: 5 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 1 (Heat x2)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 3 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
.
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron):
Red Coral: 10 ingot piece
OOC:
Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP, and proficiency in Da'Roneh improves 1%.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Matumbo will ensure that all his opponents are dead, and then search the bodies. He will keep an eye out for anyone still watching them. He will collect his arrows if it won't put the party at further risk.
43, 09
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin frowns, "I do not like the way they send their youngest to die first. These youths are the future of their tribe. They should be protected. How do such savage cultures continue to thrive, while using such tactics?"

In a moment of supreme irony, Merin reaches down to the two youths that he drained, and quickly snaps their necks, granting them mercy, rather than allowing them to linger an hour or more.

Merin will then help search the bodies of all of the fallen, confiscating anything that looks like a talisman; stones, feathers, bones, etc. He won't take the time to check for proclivities just yet, until the urgency of a new threat is ascertained. Although the group doubts that the young adults will return any time soon, Merin is not convinced that one or more elders won't come to investigate.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sheldon: full health
Merindell: full health
Vadin: full health
Matumbo: full health
Harnin Arrows: 16
Matumbo will...
Merin frowns, "I do not like the way they send their youngest to die first..."

Merin will then help...
Matumbo is only dazed for a few minutes.

Sheldon joins the others, running his left hand through his hair, pulling it back from his face. "Our philosophies are based upon a more civilized society, but debating it will not change them."

He pauses momentarily waiting on Matumbo to join them after attempting to recover his arrows. "If I remember correctly, the Deviard sent more capable opponents after us and did not use fodder. I am sure Matumbo can confirm this. In my mind this makes the Da'Roneh less of a people, another reason to eliminate this continual threat to the southern trade route."

Matumbo is only able to recover one of his most recently fired harnin arrows, giving him a total of 16.

Perusing the bodies of the fallen youths, the Seekers find a myriad of trinkets and talismans, but all of them are the same or even less value than what is already possessed, including the ones carried by the young adult. The frequency of them is such to indicate that the more elder Da'Roneh might actually have acquired some worth examining.

While they work and afterward, the Seekers discuss the possibilities of what might happen next and what strategies should be considered. Nothing at all happens for another whole day; after which, the Seekers run a skirmish on the southern lookouts to prod the enemy to come to them.

The next day, early, the peace of the morning is broken with the sound of drums, lots of drums of various pitch. The Da'Roneh, it seems, have a talent for it. Matumbo explains that the drums indicate that the Da'Roneh are going to war. He thinks it is some sort of a scare tactic. Of course, this means that the Deviard will be readying for war expecting to be the target. Matumbo explains that in the past, the drums were only sounded before more formidable Da'Roneh entered the battlefield, not for mass fodder. He laughs, having used the Deviard word for "shit" instead of fodder. It seemed appropriate to him.

Sheldon listens, intently. "If they attack the Deviard, that is good for us and bad for both sides, but I think they will now come looking for us. Whether they think the Deviard hired us or not, we have left enough evidence that we are moving in from the southern pass. Thoughts?"

OOC:
In a moment of supreme irony, Merin reaches down to the two youths that he drained, and quickly snaps their necks, granting them mercy, rather than allowing them to linger an hour or more.
Merin could no more break the neck of another person than could any other member of the party. It is nearly impossible to break the neck of anything with an internal skeleton, but kudos for role-play.

OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 23 clams
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
40 Dublins: (gold coin, 800 clams)
42 Rupees: (silver coin, 420 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
OOC:
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
OOC: Animal:
  • Giant Eagle Hide: 100% cover (soak: 10, deflect: 10)
  • Giant Eagle Skull:
  • Giant Eagle Talons: 10
  • Spider Fangs: 5 pair: (+ Cohesion){-Mind / -Will x2}
  • wolverine hides: 240% cover
Metal:
  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 10 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 1 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 5 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 1 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:
  • nothing here at this time
Stone:
  • Slate: 5 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 1 (Heat x2)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 3 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
.
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron):
Red Coral: 10 ingot piece
OOC:
Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
OOC: Each character receives 2 DP.

OOC: NOTE:
Matumbo: Persona should be 10. Psyche should be 1/2. Will should be 10. Discipline should be 1/2. Health should be 10. Fortitude should be 1/3. Motility and Strength should be 10. Flexibility and Might should be 1/2.

Merindell: Adhesion should be 10. Invocation should be 1/3. Evocation should be 1/2. Wisdom should be 1. Persona and Will should be 10. Psyche and Discipline should be 1/2.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Matumbo says in Ansylin, "Since I am with Seekers, Da'Roneh most likely believe we work with other Deviard. If come after us, leave village vulnerable. This might be good time to attack Deviard and bring them out to fight. If they have big battle, we should ambush winner."
 

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin nods, "Agreed. Attacking the Deviard village is a good plan. Matumbo is correct, they will probably assume we are with the other Deviard. Now, we just need to convince the Deviard that the Da'Roneh are behind the attack that we will soon initiate; we should sew as much chaos as possible, and turn both sides against one another. This will serve to thin out the herd, and make our task that much easier. What say you, Sheldon?"
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sheldon: full health
Merindell: full health
Vadin: full health
Matumbo: full health
Harnin Arrows: 16
Matumbo says in Ansylin, "... This might be good time to attack Deviard..."
Merin nods, "Agreed... What say you, Sheldon?"
Sheldon merely nods, vigorously, and starts walking toward the Deviards' side of the lake. Vadin shrugs and follows quickly along.

The four men move quickly and quietly, westward, while the drums yet play, diverting from the path at a suitable location where the Deviard and Da'Roneh usually meet in battle. On the way, Matumbo mentions that it has been several years since the Da'Roneh have launched an attack. He thinks that the only reason the the Deviard have not wiped out the Faethrins is because there are many more of them. The Deviards show more skill in battle.

After what seems an inordinate amount of time with nothing happening, the sound of the drumming ceases. It is decided to move closer to the Deviard settlement to see if anyone is approaching. Quite unexpectedly a single youth comes jogging down the path toward the Seekers. Matumbo says that he is a runner, a scout. The boy will likely have seen the men. Instinctively Sheldon blurs his image and moves to the side. Merindell hides his life force. Vadin stands calmly beside Matumbo, resting his hands on his sword and knife.

The young Deviard defers to Matumbo without approaching too closely. He salutes as if facing a superior and asks if the party has been attacking the Da'Roneh. Matumbo, speaking in Deviard, answers that they have and have killed several of them. The youth responds and departs back the way he had come.

Matumbo then explains to the others, using both Ansylin and Deviard where the lesser known language fails him, that the boy thought he was an Echo returning to the valley to wreak havoc upon the Da'Roneh. He considered Vadin a befriended sword and Sheldon to be another Echo, since his image was blurred. Merin was not noticed. Over the years a few Echoes and Sorcerers had departed the valley, with a few Echoes occasionally returning to visit and offer news.

Apparently no battle is forthcoming. Matumbo then explains that something was bothering him about the drums. The rhythm was a bit different than he remembered. Perhaps they meant something else.

Making haste, the group returns to the Da'Roneh side, finding that the corpses from the last fight have been removed. Following inward and circling to go unnoticed, it appears that a procession of Da'Roneh has been assembled, led by a feather adorned female, and are heading through Fat Man's Misery, out into the desert scrub, carrying the dead.

The Da'Roneh pay no attention to the path that leads to the lookout and the Seekers are able to use it to their advantage to observe the operation of the procession. The Da'Roneh have arranged the bodies in a pattern out in the scrub and begin drumming a very low pitched rhythm. The drumming ceases as night falls and small fires are lit. The members of the procession stay in the desert all night.

In the morning, the decorative female dances a ritual in the center of the pattern of bodies and resinous wet herbs are added to the fires to produce black smoke. The woman looks like a prancing vulture as she moves. Eerily, once the black smoke fades, real vultures are seen circling in the sky. Turkey vultures appear first, followed by black vultures. The woman moves out of the circle and all the other Da'Roneh kneel upon both knees. The vultures descend upon the corpses and devour them.

The vultures grunt and bicker and fight among themselves until the black vultures push the turkey vultures aside. Once the turkey vultures leave, desert vultures, which are much larger and light gray in color, fly in and push out the black vultures.

After the black vultures leaves, the Da'Roneh move in toward the desert vultures, who seem unaffected by the closeness of people. The Da'Roneh begin to gather the feathers that have been shed.

OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 23 clams
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
40 Dublins: (gold coin, 800 clams)
42 Rupees: (silver coin, 420 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
OOC:
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
OOC: Animal:
  • Giant Eagle Hide: 100% cover (soak: 10, deflect: 10)
  • Giant Eagle Skull:
  • Giant Eagle Talons: 10
  • Spider Fangs: 5 pair: (+ Cohesion){-Mind / -Will x2}
  • wolverine hides: 240% cover
Metal:
  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 10 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 1 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 5 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 1 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:
  • nothing here at this time
Stone:
  • Slate: 5 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 1 (Heat x2)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 3 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
.
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron):
Red Coral: 10 ingot piece
OOC:
Hidden Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
OOC: Each character receives 2 DP. Matumbo improves his proficiency in Ansylin by 5%. All others improve in Deviard by 2%. During down time, Sheldon and Vadin, who both speak Centrin as a first language, begin to converse in their native tongue. Merin and Matumbo increase in the use of Centrin by 2%.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin says to the group, in a hushed tone, "This is the perfect opportunity for us. We can ambush these fools while they're out here, cut off from the rest of their tribe, dancing around like idiots. We can also relieve them of their newly-collected trinkets while we're at it. But if we're going to strike, now is the time. We won't get a better opportunity than right now. What say all of you?"
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
CDB9C07F-69DC-4CEF-B3E6-64F0293C0AEA.jpeg


OOC: ... a reminder of the general appearance of the scrub that is north of the Ansylin desert, south of the Piney Wood, and east of the Western Jungle's mountain range. This image would be indicative of facing south. The party and the Da'Roneh would be far to the right of the captured view.
 


Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin's eyebrows furrow in deep thought; then he says: "I agree, and I will tell you why; I have been observing their ritual most carefully; they seem to be offering the bodies of their fallen to the vultures. It's almost as if they worship the foul creatures. Look at how they carefully lay out the bodies. As if serving them, on a platter. And look how the female is dressed; she is dressed like a vulture. Does she drive the vultures away? No. She allows the vultures to devour the bodies. And then what do she and the others do? Carefully collect the feathers from the feasting birds, being careful not to disturb them. See how the vultures do not fret at their presence? They are used to them. They have probably done this many times before. Therefore, we should put an end to this barbarism. I move that we spill more Da'Roneh blood, here and now, and the vultures too, for good measure. What is happening here is an abomination. Therefore, once the blood has been spilled, the whole site should be cleansed with fire."
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Spoiling the Wake

Sheldon: full health
Merindell: full health
Vadin: full health
Matumbo: full health
Harnin Arrows: 16
OOC:
Store Credit in Southroad Fair: 23 clams
10 Gold Ingots (200 clams)
40 Dublins: (gold coin, 800 clams)
42 Rupees: (silver coin, 420 clams)
76 Ocrin: (tin coin, 76 clams)
20% Southroad Fair Olive Trade Proceeds
OOC:
drawing of Assassins' Guild symbol
parchment containing known message
OOC: Animal:
  • Giant Eagle Hide: 100% cover (soak: 10, deflect: 10)
  • Giant Eagle Skull:
  • Giant Eagle Talons: 10
  • Spider Fangs: 5 pair: (+ Cohesion){-Mind / -Will x2}
  • wolverine hides: 240% cover
Metal:
  • Zinc Ingots: 14 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingots: 10 (+ Persona) {Muddle x2, - Persona x2}
  • Lead: 2 {Rend x2, -Health x2}
  • Iron Ingots: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Aluminum Ingots: 7 (+ Motility) {Thump x2}
  • Chromium Ingots: 1 (+ Strength) {Rejuvenate x2}
  • Magnesium: 5 (+ Will) {Soothe x2, Mend x2, +Health x2}
  • Copper: 1 (+ Persona) {-Persona x2, Shock x2}
  • Molybdenum: 9 (+ Motility)
  • Palladium: 2 {sound x3}
  • Silver: 1 (+Will) {-Will x3}
Plant:
  • nothing here at this time
Stone:
  • Slate: 5 (Thump x2)
  • Bloodstone: 4 (+ Health) {Mend x2}
  • Sunstone: 1 (+ Persona) {Charm x2}
  • Heartstone: 3 (+ Confluence) {Mend x2}
  • Carbone Bricks: 1 (Heat x2)
  • Lodestone: 1: {Thump x2}
  • Slickstone: 1: {Cool x2}
  • Livestone: 3 (+ Strength) {Restoration x2}
  • Milkstone: 1 (+ Will) {Harmony x2}
  • Emberstone: 1 (+ Cohesion) {Charm x2}
  • Waterstone: 1 (+Motility)
  • Nightstone: 1 (+Adhesion) {darken x3}
  • Ruddystone: 1 (+Health)
.
OOC: Bird Skull (Heron):
OOC:
Caldera Valley in the Western Jungle
Secluded Lake in Western Jungle with Mysterious Island
Matumbo scratches his head and says in Deviard, "Yes, let us kill them all."
Merin's eyebrows furrow in deep thought; then he says: "I agree... I move that we spill more Da'Roneh blood..."
Sheldon laughs quietly and raises his right hand. "All in favor. Aye. Aye."

Vadin raises his hand, as well, in honor of the mock vote.

There are 15 Da'Roneh in the funeral procession. The woman, who is dressed like a giant black vulture, appears to be in charge. She was occasionally assisted by two men who are also wearing feathered garments, but not so intricate or complete as the woman's. There are four drummers, two of whom are female and two of whom are male. There are eight, plain-looking soldiers carrying reed javelins. Four of the regulars are male, and four are female.

The Seekers quickly move from the lookout, which the Da'Roneh call the Vultures' Nest, through Fat Man's Misery and out into the scrub. The Da'Roneh will likely be near finished collecting their feathers by the time the party can reach them. It is not very probable to reach the Da'Roneh without being seen. The eight regulars are all facing outward from the ceremony, wary.

OOC: STATE STRATEGY OR INTENTIONS AND PROVIDE THREE RANDOM ROLLS. All characters not fluent in Deviard, Ansylin, or Centrin increase proficiency in each by 1%. All characters receive 3 DP.
 
Last edited:

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top