TUW: Welcome to the Jungle

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
This is the fourth scenario of The Caravan Campaign.​
OOC: This uses the TUW gaming system. Information on the system can be found in the Community page: The Untamed Wilds.
The online character records are found in the following thread: The Caravan Campaign Character Records.

TUWmap.jpg

GM: Leaving the Caravan:
In the first scenario of the Caravan Campaign, the characters created an identity and established a reputation for themselves, aiding in promoting the development of the Southroad Fair community. Sannit was awarded the title of Minister of Foreign Relations.

The Steel Trade:
With the assassination of the town's blacksmith, the Southroad Seekers were tasked with discovering an alternative. They were able to locate and establish trade for tools with the Maldrog town of Bergbaulager. A new member, Vadin, joined during this time. Tor spent time studying with a Maldrog smith and has since been able to make minor repairs, filling in for the nonexistent blacksmith when he is in town. IT was learned that Bergbaulager, currently, has the foremost skill in metal working.

Boga City:
In the third scenario, the Seekers took it upon themselves to try to further trade and foster relations by traveling to Boga City, the trade hub and central city of the continent. Positive relations were established with the rulers and some successful trade was conducted. It was learned that Boga City has the foremost skill in textiles while Southroad Fair maintains the foremost skill in leather working. It was also noted that the construction of a new tavern is being conducted at the river crossing between Southroad Fair and Boga city.

Welcome to the Jungle:
In this fourth scenario, the Southroad Seekers have decided to travel south in an attempt to acquire laborers at the expense of Asylim. Asylim has continued to send assassins to further hostilities with Southroad Fair, hoping to subjugate the community. This preliminary southern trip is also to be used to gather information concerning the structure and workings of Asylim and any possible dissension between Magisters.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 227: Leaving the Road

GM: As the Seekers finish preparing the skins collected from the slain Volantins, they take some stock of the area making camp for the night. As the sun rises on the new day, it is already hot and only going to get hotter, with no measurable shade in the immediate vicinity. The pines that surround Southroad Fair were left a few hour back and the rough scrub of the semi-desert is all stunted. The hills to the east are the foreground for the main mountain system of the land, called the Dragon's Spine, but the hills that are beginning to rise to the west block the jungle in along the coast and cause the dryness that persist in this area.

Sheldon.jpg
Sheldon addresses the group.
"These hills to our west are going to become that cliff wall, making it impossible to access with our new found mounts. To take the horses with us, I think that we will need to move away from the road and enter the forest here to continue south. Travel is going to be extremely slow, but I see no other way to be able to take the horses."

Indigo.jpg
Indigo nods at his decision but does not add anything for the group. She is about readying the colts and tying the dried skin on them for them to carry.
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin.jpg
Vadin looks at the forest, and thinks about the dangers that could lie ahead. He smiles at the thought. He looks at Sheldon, and says "The forest sounds delightful to me." He approaches Victor and prepares him for the journey.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Bolo.jpg
As San-Bolo help with chores and making camp, Bolo spies the colts and remembers the intense speed they were able to attain from the Way boost. She says to Sannit, "We should practice riding our horses while fighting. If I increase the speed of Intrinsic while I am riding her I will have solved my greatest disadvantage with archery, needing to stand still while I aim and shoot."

Sannit.jpg
Sannit uses the diagram to try convince his friends that the flying endeavor is worthwhile."If we build the wings like this and they allow us to fly, then we've learned their secret, but if we build the wings and they don't let us fly then we know there's something else besides the wings that makes it possible and we would have to study them again to learn more."

San-Bolo agree to travel through the forest. Bolo adds with a nod to Indigo, "We should check for new flora under these trees as well."

Turtle.jpg
Turtle stretches while the people discuss with their words. They know they don't have to ask him about whether to go back into the forest.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor both agree with Sheldon, nodding their approval.

Tor.jpg
Tor says, “Let’s be about it, then. And let’s heighten our senses, and be wary of what might lurk under the bushes, or above in the trees.”
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 228: Moving into the Forest

GM: Just after sunrise the following day, the Seekers leave the road and make their way over the hills and into the wood. They are subjected to a multitude of new sights, sounds, and smells, having never before been in the this area. The hardwood trees are much taller than those near Southroad Fair where the crew first encountered a hired band of Shimadow mercenaries.

It is not possible to travel in a linear fashion as would be common on the road or over the plains. The party finds that it is more advantageous to spread out laterally while they wind their way through the trees. With the tallness of the trees and the sparseness of undergrowth, it proves no difficulty to maintain horseback.

At half a day's travel, it is evident that the forest has become jungle. The trees are even taller, some spanning as high as 30 to 40 paces on the western side of the southern direction of travel. On the eastern side to ward the rising mountains, the trees are shorter and more of the variety of fruit baring types. The increase in humidity is also a new experience for the Seekers. One important thing of note is that their are no mosquitoes or biting flies, as these creatures do not exists. The most visible representatives of the insect world are butterflies, some of which are as large as a man's torso. The moisture content also increases the decomposition of fallen vegetation and Turtle happily knocks around downed logs looking for grubs.

About an hour into the jungle, Feroz begins to call in desperation. Looking up, not a patch of sky can be seen for the thickness of the canopy. The hawk comes flying in low from behind the party and on level flight. He flares out his wings and land on Saemund's shoulder, complaining constantly until Saemund can calm him. Saemund conveys that there is no immediate danger. The problem is that Feroz can no longer see the party if he flies above the canopy. He prefers to travel aloft rather than ride perched, but he must remain below the tree tops to keep a visual. Having lost its eyes in the sky, the party will have to rely on its own instincts as it journeys.

GM: Sheldon, Indigo, and Vadin all have improved skill in Divination and their perceptions are distanced in paces rather than the strides of the remainder of the crew. As a result it is most advantageous for Vadin to travel on the opposite flank from Sheldon and Indigo. Travel is much slower than in more open terrain, as moving in a straight line is far from possible. Three days pass before anything of significance is encountered.

It rains early in the morning of the second and third days. If any wind exists, it does not reach the forest floor. Perhaps in the tree tops there will be some. Some smallish pigs are seen during the first day, but the party has no need of fresh meat considering the amount they are already carrying. So after simple observation, the pigs are left to go about their own way. The second day brings the party in contact with a jaguar. The large cat skirts the party, assessing the possibility of maybe collecting a colt. Accurately judging the danger, it decides to find easier prey and moves on.

Nearing the time when the party would break for lunch, Vadin signals to the others that he suspects their to be an encampment of people farther off upon his flank, downhill.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin, who was about to suggest to Indigo that she should befriend the Jaguar, takes note of Vadin’s discovery, giving it top priority.

I will scout ahead and check it out,” Merin says.

Tor nods in agreement, as he watches Merin quickly (but quietly) move laterally from the party in the direction that Vadin indicated.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin says to Merin, "I will go with you as well."

Vadin goes with Merin to scout out the area where he senses the encampment.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 228: Investigating Possible Danger

Merin, who was about to suggest to Indigo that she should befriend the Jaguar, takes note of Vadin’s discovery, giving it top priority.

I will scout ahead and check it out,” Merin says.

Tor nods in agreement, as he watches Merin quickly (but quietly) move laterally from the party in the direction that Vadin indicated.
GM: The party has been traveling generally southward through the jungle while spread out from west to east. The eastern members being uphill from the western ones. The incline of the topography is such that simply riding requires care and riding downhill might prove dangerous to rider and to horse. Any attempt at mounted combat while in this environment would not even be considered a possibility.

Vadin says to Merin, "I will go with you as well."

Vadin goes with Merin to scout out the area where he senses the encampment.
Sheldon and Indigo dismount. Indigo takes both horses and moves toward Merin's and Vadin's, collecting both and bringing them aside with the three colts that are being used to carry supplies. Once this is done, she and Sheldon take up a position facing downhill to the left of the center of the party. Indigo draws her sword in preparation of possible danger.

GM: The jungle is teeming with life and the sounds of the multitude of birds, insects, and frogs create a rather loud din. As Merin and Vadin are only moving for a preliminary look, it is unlikely their movement will be noticed, especially when coming from uphill, but they are cautious, non the less.

The incline is such that even though most of the hardwood trees are 30 plus paces tall (~180'), the cause of the smell of smoke cannot be directly seen because it is blocked by the canopy of the trees growing downhill. As Merin and Vadin make their way downhill, they are able to see who is below while still about 20 paces distant.

The encampment is comprised of 2 male and 4 female Aedaman, having medium-dark brown skin. There bodies are sparsely clothed and covered in decoration and ornamentation. The quick recon indicates enough to know that this campsite is not at all permanent. It appears to have been makeshift for a meal. Though never before encountered, the appearance and behavior of the people make Vadin and Merin think that the clan is of the tribe of Katalians, a fully psychotic people of known headhunters and possible cannibals. Even from there points of observation, it does not appear to an animal on that spit.

Merin and Vadin quietly return to the others to convey what they have seen.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
San-Bolo dismount with the others. Sannit strokes his beard as he contemplates the Katalian camp. "Looks like it is that time again, friends. Perhaps we can use this as an opportunity to test our Way abilities. Could we simulate someone being injured, crying out for help, and lure them into a trap? I am willing to be bait again unless someone else wants the chore this time." He shifts under the uncomfortable weight of his armor.

Bolo gets a gleam in her eye and says, "If they try and shoot at us perhaps we can create some kind of flare with Way to blind them."

Turtle looks around at the teeming life, and enjoys the new smells. It's gotta be time to eat soon, he thinks to himself.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor says, "I will be the bait. I welcome the challenge!" smiling at Sannit with a mischievous grin.

Merin nods in agreement, saying, "Tor will be the wounded Wildebeast, and the rest of us will be waiting in the wings. Let's do this."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund nods at the plan, he conveys to Feroz that he should find I tree to perch in until the fighting is over...as the hawk lifts off Saemund works his shoulder, loosening it, the weight of the bird having made it a bit stiff.

He draws his carving axes. "I'll take a position a few paces north, and strike at the first sign of trouble."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Sannit says, "We will position ourselves on Tor's flank in case they try to swing in from the sides. We will keep Turtle as our reserve fighter."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin will try to remain about 5 paces to Tor's left flank, for the purposes of the ambush.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 228: Preparing an Ambush

Saemund nods at the plan, he conveys to Feroz that he should find I tree to perch in until the fighting is over...as the hawk lifts off Saemund works his shoulder, loosening it, the weight of the bird having made it a bit stiff.

He draws his carving axes. "I'll take a position a few paces north, and strike at the first sign of trouble."
[sblock=Hide]
Effectiveness:
  • Inversion (Commercial Task) +
  • Body + Motility +
  • Commercial + Obscurative
This active task is applied when attempting to obscure oneself from view.
Saemund: 31(inversion) + 27(hide) + 98(d100) = 156[/sblock]
OOC: NOTE: Since the characters will not be moving until they see the enemy the quiet task is not necessary. The original positioning is too distant to be heard.

Sannit says, "We will position ourselves on Tor's flank in case they try to swing in from the sides. We will keep Turtle as our reserve fighter."
[sblock=Hide]Sannit: 33(inversion) + 33(hide) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) = 188
Bolo: 36(inversion) + 38(hide) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) = 196
Turtle: 27(hide) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) + 50(natural) = 199[/sblock]
Merin will try to remain about 5 paces to Tor's left flank, for the purposes of the ambush.
[sblock=Hide]Merin: 53(inversion) + 29(hide) + 91(d100) + 73(luck) = 246[/sblock]
With Merin, Sannit, and Bolo all taking a position on the left of Tor, Sheldon and Indigo will both take a position on the right with Saemund.
[sblock=Hide]Sheldon: 46(inversion) + 34(hide) + 88(d100) = 168
Indigo: 32(inversion) + 35(hide) + 88(d100) = 155[/sblock]
Vadin will take up position with Sheldon and Indigo next to Saemund. He draws his sword, and prepares for a fight.
[sblock=Hide]Vadin: 27(inversion) + 35(hide) + 98(d100) = 160[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin will take up position with Sheldon and Indigo next to Saemund. He draws his sword, and prepares for a fight.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 228: A Cry for Help

GM: Before the party moves downhill, Indigo gathers the mounts and the colts and commands them to graze uphill, wanting to keep them all from harms way should the encounter be prolonged or dangerous. At 40 paces from the known location of the Katalians, Tor, as bait, and the rest of the party, as ambushers, set themselves up to lay wait from the blind position. Tor bellows as if he has suddenly received a grievous injury. He continues to groan and makes noises for a few seconds, then waits before groaning again, sounding very realistic.

Unknown to the party, farther down the incline, the Katalians react to the sound.

[sblock=Perception]Effectiveness:
  • Konokoro (Collegiate Task) +
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Commercial + Obscurative
This passive technique represents watching and listening to the immediate area to determine patterns, anomalies, or dangers.
Vadin: 29(konokoro) + 32(perception) + 98(d100) + 80(luck) = 239
Saemund: 31(konokoro) + 29(perception) + 98(d100) = 158[/sblock]
GM: Vadin and Saemund react first, and almost simultaneously, seeing the two male Katalians coming up the hill in a much more cautious manner than would be expected from known psychopaths. As luck would inspire it, Vadin suddenly spins around hearing the tiniest of sounds coming from behind his and Saemund position, danger alarms screaming in his head like the howling of coyotes. His immediate reaction effects Saemund as he flinches and jerks his head around. Circumventing the direct path, one of the females is stealthily approaching. She wields a half spear in her right hand and a gutting spike in her left, sadistic murder lighting her eyes as she closes to engage.

[sblock=Reaction]Vadin: 29(impetus) + 55(sequence) + 98(d100) = 182
182 - 132(armor) - 150(sword) = -100
Saemund: 35(impetus) + 47(sequence) + 98(d100) = 180
180 - 316(armor) - 50(axes) = -186
Katalian: 36(impetus) + 115(sequence) + 72(d100) = 223
223 - 40(armor) - 150(spear) = 33[/sblock]
GM: Though Vadin reacts to the Katalian's presence before she reacts to Saemund's, she is much faster on the attack and thrusts her spear at the well-armored Saemund, aiming low to avoid the metal barding.

[sblock=Attacking]Katalian: 37(fury) + 115(lethality) + 131(spear) + 72(d100) = 355
Saemund: 31(konokoro) + 28(defense) + 98(d100) = 157
Damage: 355 - 157 = 198% * 14 = 28 - 6(hauberk) = 22 - 3(tunic) = 19 - 3(hauberk) = 16 - 4(shendyt) = 12 - 3(shendyt) = 9
Body: 10 - 9 = 1: injured[/sblock]
GM: Though the Katalian is able to avoid striking a metal plate, Saemund is still protected by a considerable amount of armor, which saves his life.

As Vadin adjusts to swing his sword, the vicious woman stabs at his foreword leg with her butchering spike faster than he can bring his sword to bear, even after sticking Saemund with her spear.

[sblock=Attacking]Vadin: 29(konokoro) + 30(defense) + 98(d100) + 80(luck) = 237
Damage: 355 - 237 = 118% * 5 = 6 - 3(kilt) = 3
Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt[/sblock]
GM: The butchering spike, which is basically nothing more than a spear head, cuts through Vadin's acrylon kilt and into his thigh.

OOC: GM NOTE:
Vadin needs to pick up a second weapon, which is to be smaller than his sword, in order to pursue the duelist style of fighting.

GM: Despite the cut to his thigh, Vadin whips his sword laterally at the uncovered torso of the enemy.

[sblock=Attacking]Vadin: 28(fury) + 55(lethality) + 47(sword) + 98(d100) + 80(luck) = 308
Katalian: 34(konokoro) + 59(defense) + 131(defend) + 72(d100) = 296
Damage: 308 - 296 = 12% * 30 = 4
Body: 13 - 4 = 9: hurt[/sblock]
GM: Vadin makes a fine cut across the woman's abdomen, which seems to partially re-close even as it is opened.

Shortly after Vadin swings, Saemund decides to launch one of his carving axes, knowing that he has a better chance of her not being able to dodge the throw than avoid a swing, especially at such range.

[sblock=Attacking]Saemund: 35(projection) + 47(trajectory) + 57(launch) + 98(d100) = 237 + 100(range) = 337
Katalian: 34(konokoro) + 59(defense) + 72(d100) = 165
Damage: 337 - 165 = 172% * 10 = 17
Body: 9 - 17 = -8: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 8 = 2: dazed[/sblock]
GM: The carving axe buries into the woman's side, cracking 2 ribs and causing severe injury. She falls to the ground but is still conscious.

[sblock=Combat Data]
Vadin: hurt, Body loss = 3
acrylon kilt damaged: 27/30
Saemund: injured, Body loss = 9
armored hauberk damaged: 54/60
snakeskin tunic damaged: 57/60
acrylon hauberk damaged: 57/60
hoghide shendyt damaged: 26/30
acrylon shendyt damaged: 27/30
Katalian female: incapacitated, Body loss 21.[/sblock]

Merin is next, Post forthcoming.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 228: Merin Spots His Foe

GM: Merin, though he is closer to Tor and farther from the enemy, sees the two men sneaking through the jungle and reacts at basically the same time as everyone else. He can have no way of knowing what events are also unfolding around, simultaneously.

[sblock=Perception]Effectiveness:
  • Konokoro (Collegiate Task) +
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Commercial + Obscurative
This passive technique represents watching and listening to the immediate area to determine patterns, anomalies, or dangers.
Merin: 33(konokoro) + 31(eff) + 91(d100) + 73(luck) = 228[/sblock]
GM: At almost the instant Merin considers to draw his bow and fire at one the approaching men, instinct causes him to turn, seeing a female moving directly at him, making almost no noise as she moves. Immediately changing his original intention, Merin draws to fire at the more prevalent target, continuing to manipulate Way as he does.

[sblock=Reaction]Merin: 42(impetus) + 53(sequence) + 91(d100) = 186
186 - 143(armor) - 200(bow) = -157
Katalian: 36(impetus) + 115(sequence) + 60(d100) = 211
211 - 40(armor) - 150(spear) = 21[/sblock]
GM: Before Merin can actually draw and fire, the woman closes and thrusts her leg length spear.

[sblock=Attacking]Katalian: 37(fury) + 115(lethality) + 131(spear) + 60(d100) = 343
Merin: 33(konokoro) + 31(defense) + 91(d100) + 73(luck) = 228
Damage: 343 - 228 = 115% * 14 = 16 - 3(surcoat) - 1(tunic) = 12
Body: 10 - 12 = -2: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 2 = 8: slightly dazed[/sblock]
GM: As the Katalian sticks Merin in the abdomen with her spear, he loses the ability to physically function, but having already prepared to paranormally heat his opponent, his mind is still clear enough to do so, reflexively drawing upon the phoenix feather as well.

[sblock=Heat]Merin: 68(eff) x3(phoenix feather) = 204 + 91(d100) + 73(luck) = 368
Katalian: 37(bolster) + 81(conditioning) + 60(d100) = 178
Damage: 368 - 178 = 190% * 18 = 34
Body: 13 - 34 = -21: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 21 = -11: unconscious
Essence: 10 - 11 = -1: dead[/sblock]
GM: Just as the look of sadistic glee started to increase upon the woman's face, her skin begins to melt with a fervent heat. It only takes a moment for her to die, a smoldering mass of goo upon the jungle floor.

OOC: @Kwargrow
San-Bolo and Turtle react next.

GM: San-Bolo and Turtle can see the 2 men sneaking through the jungle, as they are almost perpendicular to their line of sight, and the nearest about 3 paces distant. San-Bolo and Turtle can see the men but have no way of knowing the events that are unfolding around them as there culmination has not yet come to fruition. These events unfold after the initial reaction. What are your intentions?

[sblock=Combat Data]
Vadin: hurt, Body loss = 3
current recovery time = 3.5 hours
acrylon kilt damaged: 27/30
Saemund: injured, Body loss = 9
current recovery time = 18 hours
armored hauberk damaged: 54/60
snakeskin tunic damaged: 57/60
acrylon hauberk damaged: 57/60
hoghide shendyt damaged: 26/30
acrylon shendyt damaged: 27/30
Katalian female: incapacitated, Body loss 21.
Merin: incapacitated, Body loss = 11
current recovery time = 15 hours
snakeskin surcoat damaged: 77/80
silk tunic damaged: 59/60
Katalian female: dead[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Bolo will fire her bow at the most promising target of the approaching two men. She will manipulate Way to freeze him where the arrow hits.

Sannit will utilize Way to increase his Strength as he steps forward to engage the other one that Bolo did not shoot at and thrusts his spear at the torso.

After a subconscious nudge from Bolo, Turtle will turn his superior perceptions to their surroundings to detect any more sneaking enemies. If he locates one he will let out a bear roar at them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 228: San-Bolo and Turtle Act

Bolo will fire her bow at the most promising target of the approaching two men. She will manipulate Way to freeze him where the arrow hits.

Sannit will utilize Way to increase his Strength as he steps forward to engage the other one that Bolo did not shoot at and thrusts his spear at the torso.

After a subconscious nudge from Bolo, Turtle will turn his superior perceptions to their surroundings to detect any more sneaking enemies. If he locates one he will let out a bear roar at them.
[sblock=Rejuvenate]Range: Self
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Confluence +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Will +
  • Collegiate + Theologic
By actively manipulating Way, this increases the natural rate of recovery for the loss of Strength in the intended target. Also, this can be used to temporarily increase the effective Strength, if performed on oneself. The duration of such is 1 minute per cumulative Health ability.
Sannit: 55(eff) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) = 177
Strength: 16(1 + 1.77) = 44
Duration: 10 minutes[/sblock]
[sblock=Stimulate]Range: Self
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Confluence +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Will +
  • Collegiate + Academic
By actively manipulating Way, this increases the natural rate of recovery for the loss of Motility in the intended target. Also, this can be used to temporarily increase the effective Motility, if performed on oneself. The duration of such is one minute per cumulative Health ability.
Bolo: 60(eff) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) = 182
Motility: 15(1 + 1.82) = 42
Duration: 9 minutes[/sblock]
GM: Being farther downhill from Merin, the foliage is such that the approaching Katalian men are almost an even distance to Tor when San-Bolo see them. With heightened Motility, Bolo takes aim at the nearest man as Sannit rises to engage. Turtle sniffs the air more intently at the initiation of movement.

[sblock=Perception]Effectiveness:
  • Konokoro (Collegiate Task) +
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Commercial + Obscurative
This passive technique represents watching and listening to the immediate area to determine patterns, anomalies, or dangers.
Sannit: 29(konokoro) + 33(eff) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) = 184
Bolo: 28(konokoro) + 37(eff) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) = 187
Turtle: 27(eff) x 4(smell) = 108 + 91(d100) + 31(luck) = 230[/sblock]
GM: Bolo draws and fires a few mere tics before Turtle lets out a roar and begins to move in the opposite direction from the rising Sannit.

[sblock=Launch]Bolo: 38(projection) + 50(lethality) + 58(launch) + 42(motility) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) + 50(short range) = 360
Katalian: 34(konokoro) + 59(defense) + 72(d100) = 165
Damage: 360 - 165 = 195% * 10 = 20
Body: 13 - 20 = -7: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 7 = 3: dazed[/sblock]
[sblock=Cool]Bolo: 60(eff) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) = 182
Katalian: 37(bolster) + 81(conditioning) + 72(d100) = 190[/sblock]
GM: Bolo's harnin arrow blow clean through the almost unsuspecting Katalian causing him to become incapacitated and dazed, but he completely resists the attempt to freeze his body, as the arrow strikes its mark.

As Turtle roars, Sannit balks in his original intention, his brain registering the danger he was unable to sense for himself. The before hidden Katalian female is thrusting forward with her own lanzita.

[sblock=Attacking]Katalian: 37(fury) + 115(lethality) + 131(spear) + 72(d100) = 355
Sannit: 29(konokoro) + 33(defense) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) = 184
Damage: 355 - 184 = 171% * 14 = 24 - 8(spaulders) - 5(tunic) - 3(hauberk) = 8
Body: 10 - 8 = 2: injured[/sblock]
GM: The female aims her thrust high at the shoulder socket. Her precision is such that she avoids the metal plates covering the armored deerskin tunic, but punching through spaulders and hauberk seriously reduce the effectiveness of the attack; nonetheless, Sannit is significantly hurt as he seeks to return spear for spear.

[sblock=Attacking]Sannit: 32(fury) + 53(lethality) + 77(attack) + 44(strength) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) = 328
Katalian: 34(konokoro) + 59(defense) + 131(defend) + 72(d100) = 296
Damage: 328 - 296 = 32% * 20 = 6
Body: 13 - 6 = 7: hurt
Turtle: 44(lethality) + 40(attack) + 91(d100) + 31(luck) = 206[/sblock]
GM: The strength of the woman is amazing. Sannit feels that had he not enhanced his own or if the woman were wearing armor his attack may not have succeeded. As it is, he was only able to hurt her. Turtle, in defense of his patrons, barrels in hoping to knock the sneaky woman to the ground, but even while partially deflecting Sannit's spear, she is able to turn her body and avoid the charging bear, completely. Her wound seems to partially close, instantaneously.

[sblock=Combat Data]
Vadin: hurt, Body loss = 3
current recovery time = 3.5 hours
acrylon kilt damaged: 27/30
Saemund: injured, Body loss = 9
current recovery time = 18 hours
armored hauberk damaged: 54/60
snakeskin tunic damaged: 57/60
acrylon hauberk damaged: 57/60
hoghide shendyt damaged: 26/30
acrylon shendyt damaged: 27/30
Katalian female: incapacitated, Body loss = 21.
Merin: incapacitated, Body loss = 11
current recovery time = 15 hours
snakeskin surcoat damaged: 77/80
silk tunic damaged: 59/60
Katalian female: dead
Sannit: injured, Body loss = 8.
current recovery time = 14 hours
spaulders damaged: 12/20
armored deerskin tunic damaged: 55/60
acrylon hauberk damaged: 57/60
Katalian male: incapacitated, Body loss = 20
Katalian female: hurt, Body loss = 6[/sblock]
OOC: Sheldon and Indigo are next. Post forthcoming.
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top