TUW: Boga City

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo get excited over seeing the cattle. Sannit says, "Let's see if we can use Way to coax some of these beasts to follow us. If we can get them to Boga City we can trade them for things we need like we did in Bergbaulbager."

Bolo looks over the herd and the surrounding area to try and find any other predators that might be stalking the cattle.

Turtle sniffs the air to get a whiff of the cattle. He knows if he's good he'll get some of the parts the people don't like to eat.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor will also attempt to attract one animal each, at range if possible, for the purpose of retaining it for future trade in Boga City.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 167: Doldrums 39: The Road to Boga City

cows.jpg
GM: Kneeling low to use the tall grasses for cover, the party observes the cattle down in the shallow valley from the vantage point of the nearest hill. There appears to be approximately 50 of the common kine, walking slowly northward while they feed. The bulls of the herd are more attentive than the cows; and periodically, one or more of them looks up and around scanning the area for potential danger. Despite the largeness of these herbivores there are still predators of the grassland that could take one down, specifically lions or tigers.

Sannit says,
"Let's see if we can use Way to coax some of these beasts to follow us. If we can get them to Boga City we can trade them for things we need like we did in Bergbaulbager."
Sheldon and Indigo simply nod in response, each absorbed in the moment.

Kwargrow said:
Bolo looks over the herd and the surrounding area to try and find any other predators that might be stalking the cattle.

Turtle sniffs the air to get a whiff of the cattle. He knows if he's good he'll get some of the parts the people don't like to eat.
GM: Like the bulls, which go back to grazing, Bolo does not see any immediate threat in the area, either. The path the kine have taken is obvious for the amount of grass they can devour. There movement is very slow but consistent, though it is estimated that they are moving at about the rate of an easy stroll for a person. The valley is about 100 paces wide with the cattle occupying the middle. With the attentiveness of the bulls, Bolo realizes that it will be impossible to make a direct approach that will allow any of the party to effectively manipulate Way to capture one.

redraider629 said:
Vadin slowly approaches one of the cows and attempts to gain it's trust.
When Vadin begins to move forward, Indigo gestures for him to stop. Sheldon speaks quietly, yet emphatically.
"Hold up there, Jumpy. If one of them sees you, they will all run. There is no way we can get close enough just trying to sneak in. We need to come up with a plan."

Tellerian Hawke said:
Merin and Tor will also attempt to attract one animal each, at range if possible, for the purpose of retaining it for future trade in Boga City.
As Tor and Merin, also, start, Indigo gives each of them a stern look.
"Not you two as well. We need to think this through. We cannot just walk up to a wild cow any more than we could a wild deer."

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Bolo says, "What if I send Turtle around to scare them toward us? We can position ourselves to compel one each as they run by. Should we get one or two males and the rest female?"

If the others agree Bolo will send Turtle around to the other side of the cattle and let out a roar to move the beasts closer to us.

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin thinks about the idea, and agrees saying "I think we should try to send turtle to attempt to move them towards us".

He looks at Indigo and Sheldon and says, "what ways can I try to compel them beyond simply touch?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund watches and listens...~it will be easier to compel them if they are not panicked.~ "It would be to our advantage of we could simply have them move towards us...we would only have to compel the lead animal to do so."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin says, “Hmmm, they’re too far away, I’m not sure it’s worth the effort it will take to get close enough to them.”

Tor nods in agreement, as both he and Merin give up on the idea.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 167: Doldrums 39: Assessing the Cattle

Bolo says,
"What if I send Turtle around to scare them toward us? We can position ourselves to compel one each as they run by. Should we get one or two males and the rest female?"
Vadin thinks about the idea, and agrees saying,
"I think we should try to send turtle to attempt to move them towards us".
He looks at Indigo and Sheldon and says,
Vadin said:
"What ways can I try to compel them beyond simply touch?"
OOC: GM NOTE: Vadin must reach 10 ranks in the Collegiate Skill before his active range can be extended beyond touch.

Saemund watches and listens.
"It would be to our advantage of we could simply have them move towards us...we would only have to compel the lead animal to do so."
Merin says,
Hmmm, they’re too far away, I’m not sure it’s worth the effort it will take to get close enough to them.”
Indigo replies,
"They are far away, but I think Saemund has the better idea of it. If we send Turtle at them, we cannot predict which way they will run, but I am figuring that they will scatter. Those of us who can capture one at a distance should move far around in the direction they are already heading and wait. We can unpack the burros and try to use them to guide the motion. We can have turtle follow behind them, not close enough to make them panic but close enough to keep them moving and maybe distract them from noticing us."
Sheldon adds,
"If we are successful at this, we are going to need to be able to explain it without indicating any ability to manipulate Way. It should make sense that we could use Turtle to push them in a given direction and the burros to corral a few. That means several of us have a long walk Some of us should probably wait with the gear. What say you?"

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
"If we are successful at this, we are going to need to be able to explain it without indicating any ability to manipulate Way.

Sannit strokes his beard as he answers, "If anyone asks, we'll tell them we were able to corner the cows with the bear's help. The bear is trained to help us catch other animals. It's not the strangest thing I've heard out in the Wilds."

In response to Indigo's plan he says, "It's minimal risk for a big reward. At worst we wasted our time, but being able to trade these beasts to handlers in Boga will give us connections and wealth to go along with the silk bolts we have. I will stay with the gear. Bolo will go with the rest of the group and secure one of the beasts. It shouldn't take more than one of us to stay here, and the rest of you can grab one each."

Bolo pets Turtle and says, "He will help us."

Turtle nods his head, sensing that this is somewhat important to his people. He licks his lips. There's no way they won't give him one of those cattle.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases