TUW: Boga City

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Bolo says,
"We have enough to start breeding them as well if that is a line of work we choose to go into. It could be another way to make our town known."
Indigo makes physical contact with all of the new animals. She moves the pack animals among the new mounts, to start the familiarity process. She like the idea of being able to ride one of these fine muscular beasts. She and Sheldon work more specifically with 2 mares of their own, getting them used to taking commands and carrying a few items.

Saemund examines the animals.
"Fine animals indeed, we should look into having saddles made so we can ride them. It would mean faster travel..."

Indigo says to Saemund,
"We definitely need to talk to Swift Raven and Fallen Leaf about making some riding saddles. I imagine these horses can run fast enough to make it nearly impossible to stay on one without a saddle."

Indigo responds to Bolo,
"I certainly like the idea of breeding these. The turn around will be slow, but the profits should be incredible. I cannot see selling these horses to the Carpenters. We have already collected enough pack animals that they are breeding. That should keep draft animals in stock for the town. We would not even need to pin the horses, even ladened they can travel. Once near term, we would leave the mare unburdened at let her colt naturally. We could see about selling the colts, once weened, wherever we might travel.

What say all of you
?"

MacConnell

Y 0: D 207 - 209: Doldrums 57 -59: Continuing South

Two more days of travel in the hot dry weather brings the Seekers back to the stone bridge that crosses the main branch of the westward flowing river. The crew can see that other travelers have stopped at the bridge site. There are two wagons situated off the eastern side of the road, with several people milling about. The people seem to be marking off some section of ground, as they are pulling string and staking it.

The people are Centrin and there are also 4 soldiers dressed in the garb common to the Boga City Guard. The guards and another a man and a woman, running the line, greet the Seekers in the Centrin tongue as they arrive at comfortable speaking distance.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor will both wave, and give friendly greetings as the party approaches.

At one point, Tor says to Sheldon, "You're the most proficient among us in their language. You should do most of the talking."

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
We could see about selling the colts, once weened, wherever we might travel.

Sannit replies, "Maybe we should sell the colts to Southroad Fair people. That way the rare horses will be linked closer with our town and when we decide to breed them everyone will already know that connection."

At the bridge:
San-Bolo greet the people in Centrin and take a moment to closely observe the others and their transportation.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund nods at Sannit's suggestion. "Southroad would become known for the quality of her mounts, is there someone in town with talents in animal husbandry?

Last edited:

MacConnell

Y 0: D 209: Doldrums 59: The Stone Bridge

Merin and Tor will both wave, and give friendly greetings as the party approaches.
Tor says to Sheldon,
"You're the most proficient among us in their language. You should do most of the talking."
Sheldon nods.

Sannit -
"Maybe we should sell the colts to Southroad Fair people. That way the rare horses will be linked closer with our town and when we decide to breed them everyone will already know that connection."
Indigo responds,
"I follow your thinking. My concern is that there is not yet a market in Southroad Fair. These are riding horse, not draft animals. I know the Carpenters' Guild would want our donkey and burros, but there is no need for hurry on the rest. These yearlings need another year before we even consider separating them from their mothers."

Saemund nods at Sannit's suggestion.
"Southroad Fair would become known for the quality of her mounts. Is there someone in town with talents in animal husbandry?"
Sheldon smiles at the question.
"Only us."

Indigo offers.
"That is basically the case. Maeli should have some ability with animals even though she is focused on herbs. That is really why I suggested we simply keep the animals with us until the ones we are interested in selling are ready. Between you (Saemund) and Bolo and I, we should be able to really develop some fine mounts, here."

At the bridge:
Kwargrow said:
San-Bolo greet the people in Centrin and take a moment to closely observe the others and their transportation.
GM: With the Seekers pausing to greet them, the friendly people stop their work and come to the road for some conversation. There is a Centrin man and Woman with two adolescent boys that appear to be theirs.

The Boga City Guards are a man and woman. They stand at ease, their swords sheathed and bows over their shoulders. They appear more wary of the environment away from the road than of the Seekers.

The man approaches and speaks in Centrin. He seems like the type who likes to talk. He speaks a bit too quickly, like his thoughts are running together.
"Hello! My name is Glen, Samuel Glen. This is my heartmate and our two sons. Wow, those are some fine horses. I have never seen such, before. We are planning on building a tavern, here. Travel has increased enough thanks to that Southroad Fair community that I think this will be a fine location.

My brother, Thomas, and his spouse went on down to Southroad Fair to see about purchasing some lumber. We thought we would go ahead and get started with marking the site.

Wow! That is some really fine armor you all are wearing, too. Are you traders? Where are you from? What do you trade
?"

Sheldon laughs.
"Too fast. I got most of that, though. Good to meet you. I am Sheldon. We are from Southroad Fair. We were stopping to make camp. This is a good location. We will set up across the road here so as to not interfere with your work."

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sheldon: Only us

Well if we're it, then I agree, we should keep the animals with us until they breed, although perhaps it would be prudent to hire someone to manage our interests so that we do not have to spend time raising and selling horses to the detriment of our mission.

Saemund greets the group with a smile and a nod, but doesn't say anything. He reaches out to Feroz and asks him to warn them of any approaching parties. He thanks Feroz for his assistance in keeping the Seekers safe.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Y 0: D 209: Doldrums 59: The Stone Bridge, part 2

Saemund greets the group with a smile and a nod, but doesn't say anything. He reaches out to Feroz and asks him to warn them of any approaching parties. He thanks Feroz for his assistance in keeping the Seekers safe.
GM: The empathy between Saemund and Feroz is in constant development, always growing as the two interact, but the range is yet much shorter than the height that the hawk flies in patrol. This is no determent, as with almost imperceptible signals, Feroz reacts, gliding down and then back up to obey commands.

With the pattern of movement of the people, Feroz deems there to be no danger from them and cries once in indication. Circling the area at range, he again perceives no dangers or other wayward people in the area, again signaling an all clear.

OOC: GM NOTE:
With the time involved with the bird and Saemund's strength, he can now have Feroz land on his armored shoulder instead of the make-shift perch, if he so desires.

Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin nods to the man, and says "good to meet you. I am Vadin."

He then thinks about the horses and says, " I too think we should wait to sell any horses. It would not be wise to separate them from their mothers at this point."

He then addresses Indigo, "You mentioned that there is no market for these horses in Southroad Fair, how about at other locals?"

While camping, Vadin will try to find a suitable horse that can carry him and attempt to gain it's trust.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo are friendly towards the people, children, and guards. Taking this as an opportunity to improve their Centrin, they engage the tavern builders in conversation, using hand gestures to supplement the gaps in communication.

Sannit says, "A tavern is an excellent idea, although you might want to build a few spare rooms for travelers to stay in. We are just returning to Southroad Fair from Boga City. It was a wonderful journey and we much enjoyed our time in Boga. We were hoping travel would increase even more and so having places for people to stop along the way would benefit everyone." They continue to chit-chat with the people and guards, attempting to learn more about their new neighbors and encourage them to make a lasting friendship with Southroad Fair.

Turtle lumbers over and snuffles around the people. He will play with the children, if it is allowed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases