TUW: Boga City

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Indigo Converses with Vadin

Vadin... addresses Indigo, "You mentioned that there is no market for these horses in Southroad Fair, how about at other locals?"
Indigo replies,
"I do not know. That is the problem. As Southroad Fair grows, I am sure the hunters and scouts will want to acquire horses. For them it will be a great advantage. Obviously Asylim is out of the question. We do not want to sell superior mounts to our current enemy. Boga City will likely have a good market. With Bergbaulager on the other hand, I do not think the Maldrog have a use for mounts.

We have a full year, however, just for the colts at hand, and then two more years after that for the next set. Who knows? In another years time, there may be enough wealth in Southroad Fair we need not look elsewhere to sell
."
redraider629 said:
While camping, Vadin will try to find a suitable horse that can carry him and attempt to gain it's trust.
GM: Vadin find that one of the mares will suit him and should have no difficulty carrying him once it is ready.

MacConnell

Y 0: D 209: Doldrums 59: The Stone Bridge, part 3

San-Bolo are friendly towards the people, children, and guards. Taking this as an opportunity to improve their Centrin, they engage the tavern builders in conversation, using hand gestures to supplement the gaps in communication... They continue to chit-chat with the people and guards, attempting to learn more about their new neighbors and encourage them to make a lasting friendship with Southroad Fair.
GM: The couple is quite talkative. The woman is easier to follow than the man, as she speaks more slowly. Even the guards are friendly and engage in the conversation.

It is conveyed that due to the increase in travel from the south, the couple had prospected a few weeks back for a good location to build a tavern. The Stone Bridge had seemed a perfect spot. The man and his brother and their families pooled together to pursue the venture. The guards were hired as protection in the wilds while construction is underway.

Unfortunately, they fear that the process will be slow as they must travel to acquire lumber. They could fell trees themselves in the Piney Wood, but discovering the operation of the Carpenters Guild in Southroad Fair provided a faster alternative without a great increase in cost.

Kwargrow said:
Turtle lumbers over and snuffles around the people. He will play with the children, if it is allowed.
GM: People always seem to react to Turtle as they would a dog. The obvious friendliness of the bear is readily accepted, and everyone takes to him quickly.

Later, after the conversation with the prospective proprietors, Sheldon addresses the other Seekers.
"Talking to these people has given me an idea. Obviously we still need to try to free the families of the enslaved caravaners, but I think I have a way we can seriously interfere with this oppressive operation in Asylim and improve Southroad Fair at the same time.

The fact that they need lumber gave me thought. We should travel to Asylim and recruit workers to relocated. Hear me out. I think this will work. We need to talk to the younger workers, ones who can pack up and leave. There are rice pickers and salt miners who all work outside the city walls, albeit very close. These will likely be most willing to leave, but hardest to approach.

There are also collectors for coffee and pepper in the mountains to the east, and fruit and spice collectors who travel to the jungle far up to the northwest. We should look for these people and offer them work. I would be willing to bet Clavo could double his labor force and still have plenty of work for them.

What say you
?"

OOC: Responses to this offer will determine the next step in plot development for the campaign.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
I like the idea, although, all we really need to do is seed a rumor that there is a group of people hiring workers, and they will come to us. This way we don't need to talk to everyone. We go in dressed as laborers or poor merchants, the type of people that guards don't look at twice...although that would keep Tor and I in the background for this endeavor... and let them know there are people looking for laborers.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sannit said:
"...It was a wonderful journey and we much enjoyed our time in Boga. We were hoping travel would increase even more and so having places for people to stop along the way would benefit everyone.

Merin, to Sannit, aside: "This tavern will be closer to Boga City than to Southroad Fair. Perhaps we should suggest this idea to someone in Southroad Fair, to build another stopover at the half-way point, closer to Southroad Fair? Having two taverns along the route would help trade flow more smoothly, and perhaps encourage 'gap settlements' in-between, that could eventually grow to meet the respective cities. What do you think?"

Sheldon said:
"...We should travel to Asylim and recruit workers to relocated. [...] What say you?"

Tor and Merin both nod in agreement.

Tor adds, "That's a very good idea, let's do it and see what happens, and how much support we can get. Let's begin with the collectors in the jungle, since they are the closest to Southroad Fair."

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Perhaps we should suggest this idea to someone in Southroad Fair, to build another stopover at the half-way point,

Sannit strokes his beard and replies, "Let's tell the townspeople about the tavern, but let someone come up with that idea on their own. If we suggest it to someone, and something bad happens to them, it will feel like we sent them out here."

We should travel to Asylim and recruit workers to relocated.

Sannit grins and replies, "We've been looking for an opportunity to test our Way abilities with deception and I think that is an excellent one. We can also use this trip to find out more about our rivals in Asylim."

Bolo talks with the tavern builders and attempts to educate them about what plants are helpful and harmful that grow in the area, and also what animals they may need to watch out for.

MacConnell

Y 0: D 210 - 218: Shiftings 8: Traveling South

GM: The Seekers discuss future endeavors as they travel south. Nothing significant is encountered during the next 8 days that it takes to reach Southroad Fair. The fifth day a pod of large brown beetles was noticed and 3 were collected for their carapaces.
As Doldrums ends and Shiftings begins the weather follows its climatic changes as expected. Temperatures drop some, though it is still hot, but the calm gives way to breezes but no dramatic winds. The fifth day of travel, when the beetles are noticed their is a light shower. There is also rain the last two days before reaching town.

Saemund says,
"I like the idea; although, all we really need to do is seed a rumor that there is a group of people hiring workers, and they will come to us. This way we don't need to talk to everyone. We go in dressed as laborers or poor merchants, the type of people that guards don't look at twice...although that would keep Tor and I in the background for this endeavor... and let them know there are people looking for laborers."
Sheldon replies.
"That is a good diplomatic strategy. It should work great once we reach the rice pickers and salt miners. I do not know if it will be so simple with the outliers. They will have more Ansylin Regulars on them, but we will see when the time comes."

Tor and Merin both nod in agreement.
Tor adds, "That's a very good idea, let's do it and see what happens, and how much support we can get. Let's begin with the collectors in the jungle, since they are the closest to Southroad Fair."
Indigo says,
"The jungle is good. Bolo and I can look for more medicinal herbs, as well."

Sheldon adds,
"Oo! That gives me another idea, I did not think of before. The jungle is where the silk collectors go. We would be able to hit Saucy twice. Not only can we try to recruit workers, but we can try to recruit HIS workers."

Sannit grins and replies,
"We've been looking for an opportunity to test our Way abilities with deception, and I think that is an excellent one. We can also use this trip to find out more about our rivals in Asylim."
Kwargrow said:
Bolo talks with the tavern builders and attempts to educate them about what plants are helpful and harmful that grow in the area, and also what animals they may need to watch out for.
GM: The builders and, even, the guards are grateful for the information that Bolo is able to provide.

OOC: New Collections.
3 Brown Beetle Carapaces (10% cover)

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
After checking the property and making sure their new horses are secure and comfortable, San-Bolo and Turtle have the usual meal and bath when returning to town, then go to the Boarshead to see Giodavi. After greetings, Sannit says to the Mayor, "We were able to make contact with prominent members of Boga City and we found them friendly and reasonable. One of my concerns was is if Boga would move against us in our conflict with Asylim and I am confident that will not happen." He goes on about the trade and business dealings, being completely honest about the amount for the silk, but leaves out the part about the cattle. Sannit will brag about that later to the entire tavern.

While in Southroad Fair for the four day duration, San-Bolo will visit with their friends, continue to work with their new mounts and the colts to get them used to dealing with people, perform maintenance on the guild house and property, and tell whoever will stop and listen about their trip to Boga City. San-Bolo encourage travel and trade with the larger city, and tell about the tavern being built by the stone bridge. When San-Bolo order their saddles with Raven they ask him to decorate both with two entwined black serpents of the type that provided their boots.

MacConnell

Area Around Asylim

Asylim.jpg

Sylvar B.

Explorer
When Saemund gets back in town the first thing he does is clean Feroz' roost at the guild house. As much as is possible he conveys gratitude to the hawk and lets him know he is free to do as he wishes for four moons and that on the sunrise after the fifth moon the party will leave again. Saemund requests that Feroz accompany them.

Saemund spends time with the horse whom he has named Filo. He teaches the horse mental commands, and will continue as the group travels.
OOC: Fee-loh

Saemund also commissions a saddle, it will have the same runes carved into it as the runes that are carved into his axe head.

Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin says, "I like that idea. It might just work. I am already ready to go." While Vadin is ready to go, he takes advantage of his time in Southroad Fair. He will continue to work on training with small weapon fighting. He will also work with the mare he will ride getting him more familiar with Vadin as well as others.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases