TUW: The Steel Trade [IC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
As Tor and Saemund are walking away, if Tor detects that Saemund is still trying to manipulate the guard, he will place his hand on Saemund's shoulder once more, and try to link with him; unlike normal, where he would normally try to augment Saemund's Way attempt, he will use his own Way skills to INTERFERE with Saemund's manipulation, causing it to (hopefully) fail.

"My brother, don't do this. I will explain later!" Tor hisses, under his breath.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund looks at Tor with fire in his eyes, but stops his attempts to manipulate the Captain as they are walking away.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-Bolo watch the confrontation and are relieved that it did not come to violence. They will stay in position and watch the caravan leave.

Sannit grins at Bolo and says softly, "This is a job for the Minister of Foreign Relations." She punches him in the shoulder repeatedly.

San-Bolo will follow the caravan, attempting to use Way to convey their intention with the rest of the group. If they cannot contact the other Seekers, Bolo will attempt to summon Myth to relay her message. Once back in town they will meet up with the other Seekers to discuss the events.

Turtle does his best to follow Bolo quietly.

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin watching the unfolding events realizes something is amiss with the caravan leader. Nothing about that interaction seemed right. As he is walking back he asks San-Bolo, "The caravan leader looked at Tor like he knew him, does he look familiar?" Once back in town, he will also try to meet up with Tor and see what he knows or thinks.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
redraider629 said:
As he is walking back Vadin asks San-Bolo, "The caravan leader looked at Tor like he knew him, does he look familiar?"

Sannit replies, "The caravan leader's name is Klauz. He was the leader of the silk caravan before the Seekers left to settle in Southroad Fair. Asylim is making a statement with this caravan visit, although I am not sure of the complete implications. If we are careful, we can manipulate this situation to our advantage. Bolo and I intend to be friendly to the caravan members as well as the guards, try to glean as much information as we can from them."

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 158: Engaging the Guard, part 4

Saemund looks at the Caravan master, noticing his discomfort, yet remains expressionless. He turns to the Captain and attempts to use way to change his disposition toward Tor, Sheldon and himself.
GM:
OOC: Compel:
Range / Affect:
  • Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Persona + Psyche
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Persona + Wisdom + Psyche +
  • Collegiate + Theologic
This causes the loss of Will and Mind in the intended target. If a target's Will is reduced below 1, it may be commanded to perform any possible non-combat task, though commands may be severely limited in the case of a language barrier or if the target is an animal.

Saemund: Range: 17 paces, Effectiveness: 64

Rather than command actions, the Compulsion can be readily applied to change another's disposition.

Tellerian Hawke said:
While doing so, Tor attempts to use Way to send the following thought to Saemund:~Don’t play with fire! These fellows look legit. Something is amiss, so forcing a confrontation will only make matters WORSE.~
GM: The strain on Tor's face is visible, but nothing is happening. Tor feels certain he should be able to project his thought; but still, nothing happens.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 158: Disengaging from the Guard

Saemund stops talking mid sentence, allowing Tor to interrupt his statement, but Saemund continues to manipulate the Captain's disposition toward the three of them for as long as possible even as he is walking away.
Tellerian Hawke said:
As Tor and Saemund are walking away, if Tor detects that Saemund is still trying to manipulate the guard, he will place his hand on Saemund's shoulder once more, and try to link with him; unlike normal, where he would normally try to augment Saemund's Way attempt, he will use his own Way skills to INTERFERE with Saemund's manipulation, causing it to (hopefully) fail.
Immediately realizing that Saemund is going to manipulate Way, Sheldon, also, hopes to prevent the attempt, without knowing what that attempt might be.
GM:
OOC: Resisting Compel:
Tranquility:
Range: Self
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Collegiate + Aberrative / Theologic
This passive technique is applied when resisting paranormal effects intended to damage Mind. The character must be conscious in order to utilize this technique.

Tor: 34
Sheldon: 36

Together, Tor and Sheldon are, barely, able to prevent Saemund's attempt. It is not possible for Saemund to know that his friends foiled his attempt. He will only sense that it failed.

Sylvar B. said:
When the three of them are far enough from the Caravan to not be overheard and Saemund is no longer able to manipulate way on the Captain because of distance. Saemund looks looks at Tor with a grin...

We could have taken them... but that was a bit odd wasn't it? Hopefully the Captain is in much better spirits when reaches town. Saemund proceeds to tell Tor and Sheldon about his attempt to change the man's mind about them.
Sheldon shakes his head.
"I know. I could sense it immediately. I did not know what you were trying, but had something occurred, this may have gone very badly. People who can manipulate Way are officially called Blighters in Asylim. The myth is that the power comes from blood service to the god of Burning Sand. The Ansylin people are terrified by bending. Those soldiers would have thrown away their lives to try to kill us all.

I am not religious myself so I think this is a bunch of manure, but I hear there are two gods to which homage is paid in Asylim, and both are malevolent so no one really worships them. They only try to appease them. There is that god of the Burning Sand who lives in the desert, and the god of the Maelstrom who lives in the turbulent waters beyond the southern point of the land.

Anyway, that was the original caravan master who we were told was dead We should try to talk with him when those guards are not around
."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 158: Returning to Town

San-Bolo watch the confrontation and are relieved that it did not come to violence. They will stay in position and watch the caravan leave.

San-Bolo will follow the caravan, attempting to use Way to convey their intention with the rest of the group.
GM: Try as they might San-Bolo can, neither one, manage to convey information by manipulating Way. They both feel as though they should be able but perhaps some greater skill is yet needed.

Kwargrow said:
If they cannot contact the other Seekers, Bolo will attempt to summon Myth to relay her message.
GM: Bolo is also unsuccessful at reaching Myth. She realizes that she cannot sense him so that he must be too far away. Surprising, the cat comes upon them later as they travel, apparently having been sent by Indigo. He attempts to communicate some information, but trying to understand gesture from a cat is all but impossible. Seeing that they are headed toward town, he departs. Perhaps that was what he was sent to do.

Kwargrow said:
Once back in town they will meet up with the other Seekers to discuss the events.

Turtle does his best to follow Bolo quietly.
GM: The caravan moves at such a slow pace and makes enough noise, that everyone who had been in hiding realizes that they can easily move through the trees, out distancing the caravan to meet back with the other three far ahead on the road. When the Seekers arrive back in town, they estimate that it will be another two hours for the caravan to arrive.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Once back in Southroad Fair, and having shared what information they have, Sannit says to the Seekers, "The thought of Asylim moving people through here with collars on disgusts me. On the surface we should act friendly or at least indifferent to the trade, but I would like for something to happen to this caravan. Perhaps we can arrange for the head silk weaver to 'die in an accident'. Of course I wish no harm to come to the woman, but if we can fake her death we can free her and take her skill set away from the caravan, something that might stall the progress of this endeavor. Asylim wants to be sneaky, I say we meet them halfway. What do the rest of you think?"

Before the caravan arrives Bolo sends Turtle out of town, asking him to not stray too far from the construction site.

Turtle lumbers away. Some personal time to tend to the bear necessities will be good, he thinks.

Remove ads