D&D 5E UA 8 Bastions and Cantrips playtest survey is now live. Update now closed.

Dausuul

Legend
You can't vote strategically here without knowing how everyone else is voting -- otherwise, as @Amrûnril points out, you may well push a "needs iteration" item up to "ship it as-is."

And since ENWorld is very unlikely to be a representative sample, we have no way of knowing how everyone else is voting. Furthermore, we have only a rough idea how our responses are actually being used. We know there is a general 70% threshold; but if there were a ton of "dissatisfied" responses with comments all saying "this would be great except for X," WotC is not contractually obligated to throw it out because it only got 69%.

Conclusion: Just vote your honest opinion, as well as it can be expressed within the survey, and don't overthink it. WotC may or may not parse your response correctly, but at least they have the opportunity to do so. If we start fudging our answers, there's no way for them to ever figure out our real opinion.

Stormonu

Legend
I agree. Be honest in your feedback back to them. I myself like the idea, but not the implementation, and I wouldn’t want to just “fudge” things and end up with a system that in the end I don’t use because its half-baked.

If this UA doesn’t end up in the 2024 PHB or DMG, they may take a stab at it in a book of its own later down the line with revisions based on the detailed comments, giving us a much better product. If they never touch it again, we still have the UA and the community can iterate on it anyways.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I think there's a good chance people honestly trying to provide criticism tanked the numbers enough that their methodology and philosophy will say 'scrap' instead of 'back to formula' like it should.

Remove ads