[v.3.5] Campaign Guide: Heroes of Carnell PbP Game!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
No worries. It was just an idea. :)

I thought about posting a new recruitment thread, but I wanted to see how many of the previous players would be interested. I'll post one in the next few days.

It's really, really hot where I am, so I've been a little out of it. It's past midnight and still sweating. Ugh. :yawn:

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
We have three new players for the game: [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION], [MENTION=11520]Scotley[/MENTION], and [MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION].

That rounds out the group!

Scotley

Hero
It's really, really hot where I am, so I've been a little out of it. It's past midnight and still sweating. Ugh. :yawn:

Its hot in Canada right now? We are having seriously unseasonably cool weather here in the Midsouth. Usually we are approaching triple digits (Fahrenheit) in late July, but right now it is only 65. It won't last I'm confident it will be back to our usual weather soon. Usually, the weather here in August is approximately the same as the environment found in the steam room of a Turkish bath.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
So are we making new characters?
No, we're continuing where we left off, so keep your existing PC.

I'm going to come up with an in-game reason why the other PCs aren't there. Thanee's character Sheyla was likely called away by her deity for some reason. Prophetic dreams are a common occurrence amongst elven clerics, especially amongst silver elves. renau1g's PC Halmar and Dog Moon's PC Reneg could have chosen to go with her. (This separates Lorien from his longtime friend [Halmar], which is an interesting twist.) It's not surprising that Reneg would choose to go with Sheyla, IMO.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Its hot in Canada right now? We are having seriously unseasonably cool weather here in the Midsouth. Usually we are approaching triple digits (Fahrenheit) in late July, but right now it is only 65. It won't last I'm confident it will be back to our usual weather soon. Usually, the weather here in August is approximately the same as the environment found in the steam room of a Turkish bath.
Yes, it does get very hot here in July and August. It was very bad this week and it doesn't help that there have been forest fires in B.C., Alberta, and the Northwest Territories. (We've had several bad days of haze.) It's been a lot cooler the last few days. It rained most of yesterday.

Anyway, any character ideas yet?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
So, a half-orc druid. Can I write some sort of connection to another player character into his background? Perhaps his mentor / father figure is friends with an elf?

My idea so far is that [insert name here] has been raised by a human druid hermit, after his human mother (noble or otherwise important lady) abandoned him as an infant, because of the scandal of being pregnant of an orc slave (or servant).

Even though the local villagers tolerate his presence, he is not comfortable in town much; both because of mutual misunderstandings and because his mother (and her family) gets upset whenever he is in town.

What kind of animal companion would be appropriate for the area?

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
So, a half-orc druid. Can I write some sort of connection to another player character into his background? Perhaps his mentor / father figure is friends with an elf?

Fine by me. His mentor could have befriended Lorien decades ago, far far away when Lorien was spending time with the Wild Elves or the Northern Barbarians

Even if Lorien hasn't heard of the half-orc, it would at least make introductions easier

Remove ads