D&D 5E What Campaign Setting(s) Do You Want To See in 5E?

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Spelljammer, followed by Eberron and Dark Sun. I'm on the fence about Mystara, because while I'd love to see the setting have official support, I wouldn't want to cut the fan community-- including Bruce Heard-- off at the knees.

chsic

Villager
I would like a rebirth of the "Nerath" universe, in a single volume this time.

Other popular universes have already been widely described in detail (and often in several editions), although an update of the rules governing these universes would be nice (but most other popular universes seem to have a scheduled update anyway in 5th).

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
(Almost) ALL of them.

In no particular order (except alphabetical, it turns out):
Birthright
Dark Sun
Dragonlance
Eberron
Planescape
Ravenloft
Spelljammer

Each has aspects I want to steal for my own homebrew setting.

Yes, almost all of them. There is NO need to come up with a new setting, they just need to update the old ones.

First off, for me, would be an expansive Planescape setting, followed closely by Dark Sun, and then Ravenloft. I like Greyhawk just fine, but the default FR setting already covers the medieval fantasy tropes, so i'd prefer to see non-traditional settings explored.

If they do Dark Sun, i think Brom needs to be brought back as his artwork was largely definitive of that entire line.

dracomilan

Explorer
Spelljammer. Definitely.

Then Planescape, Dragonlance and Nerath (which it turned out much more interesting for my players than Greyhawk or the FR).

Nebulous

Legend
Dragon Kings is not Dark Sun, though it is by the same creator and inspired by same. WotC own the Dark Sun setting (not its creator) in its entirety, so producing a 5e guide for it is entirely possible and likely.

Jargogle

Very likely in my opinion. A 5e version of Dark Sun? Cannibal halflings and half giants and psionics oozing everywhere and templars sucking the life from the world every time a spell is cast? It would be glorious.

aramis erak

Legend
I would like, in preference order
  1. Mystara
  2. Hollow World (technically part of Mystara, but for practical reasons, a separate setting)
  3. Dark Sun
  4. Ravenloft

fletch137

Explorer
I would like a rebirth of the "Nerath" universe, in a single volume this time.

Wish I'd thought of this. I loved the Nerath setting and mythology.

Trying to map 4e's Kord and the Raven Queen to the cleric's domains was, like, the first thing I did when I opened the Basic D&D pdf.

Last edited:

Remove ads