D&D General Which non-D&D races would you like to see in D&D?

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Aside from my vague want for a new Warcraft edition, let's just go for the crazies with absolutely no chance of happening.

Andalites, Hork-Bajir and Taxxons. If you know, you know.

The construct PCs break the power balance in Dark Sun, where the survival is one of the worst challenges. If living constructs don't need water or food, then the players save a lot of problems. Other point is even if they were allowed, they wouldn't be wellcome in the urban cities. The templars could say that construct was created by the sorcerer-king, and then it could be catched or "confiscated". And they would be feared by the rest of population. Constructs created by arcane magic in Athas could be creating a defiler effect, even when this is not intentional.

Shardminds could be possible in Athas, but they should wear some costume or using illusory effect to infiltrate among "organic beings".

* Homemade PC species are very easy to be found in internet, but someones should be "nerferd" to can be playable PC species.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
The construct PCs break the power balance in Dark Sun, where the survival is one of the worst challenges. If living constructs don't need water or food, then the players save a lot of problems. Other point is even if they were allowed, they wouldn't be wellcome in the urban cities. The templars could say that construct was created by the sorcerer-king, and then it could be catched or "confiscated". And they would be feared by the rest of population. Constructs created by arcane magic in Athas could be creating a defiler effect, even when this is not intentional.

Shardminds could be possible in Athas, but they should wear some costume or using illusory effect to infiltrate among "organic beings".

* Homemade PC species are very easy to be found in internet, but someones should be "nerferd" to can be playable PC species.
given obsidium is a useful cutting implement you would have to worry about trying kill you and use you for parts it is a different challenge.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
given obsidium is a useful cutting implement you would have to worry about trying kill you and use you for parts it is a different challenge.
That would be quite cool actually, a psionic race hunted so their corpses can be mined, but then each shard now being used as weapons retains a psionic memory of its mind and seeks to reform its body.

Stormonu

Legend
Dragons, ala Council of Wyrms. I've got a Dragon War in my homebrew and I've always wanted dragon PCs to work. I'd prefer them to start as young adult or adult and it they don't have to be 1st level. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a handful of races that don't have to be started at 1st level - lycanthropes, vampires, ogres, trolls and such.

Also, from 3.5's Races of Destiny, Illumians.

A 5e version of Council of Wyrms would be interesting, especially if it had the Dragonborn in it. Hmm...does the dragon continent of Argonessen in the Eberron setting count as a Council of Wyrms-like setting? ;)

Remove ads