Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Consensus

Edmond would PREFER to go to the temple, but recognizing that his knowledge is more limited then Dj'ahn's he follows him. Later someone can go to the temple (Edward?) and inform the priests...or we can go together (and carrying Lamm and Hookshanks). Latter would have to be heavily restrained lest he shouts for help at an inopportune moment.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond and detect magic

Edmond has detect magic essentially at will, but I don't think it can be used to identify items any more then he already has except to focus more and determine schools of magic on few items he didn't earlier...

Could spellcraft or knowledge (arcana) help in identifying? Or discovering what potions do? Maybe by sipping infiniteismal amounts and hoping it's not dragon acid :))

But he could ask Lamm and Hookshanks, but he wouldn't believe them anyhow. :(

Anybody can do more?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Eenteresting...all that fits rather well.

I wonder if the dragon thing really works for a Shoanti. Their ties seem more with natural forces... Would an elemental sorceror be more appropriate?

Argh, it's too late to waffle now, I guess. :)

I don't know... Although the Shoanti tend to have ties to elemental and natural forces in their clan totems, this doesn't preclude draconic blood. For one thing, being "Shoanti" is more a cultural than a racial thing, so they aren't a homogenous racial group. For another, as I recall Maya is considered to be a bit outlandish by the other Shoanti, which would fit. You can change to an elemental bloodline of you like, I don't think it'll impact in the adventure so far, I'll leave it up to you.

Beta group: I've gone with the easiest option. I can change it if anyone objects strongly.

Ambrus

Explorer
[Sblock=Dr Simon]Would it be feasible for Dj'hân to have investigated the ship interior either sometime after having returned or in the early morning? I don't know how involved poking around the boat might be.[/sblock][sblock=Beta Group]Did the adults want to do anything about all the bloodied bodies festering around the fishery (Yargin in the upper bedroom, Gobbleguts in the pool and Giggles and the dog in the main entry) after returning but before getting some sleep? They might freak the Sable company soldier once he wakes up. The jigsaw sharks seem appropriately hungry...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Edmond has detect magic essentially at will, but I don't think it can be used to identify items any more then he already has except to focus more and determine schools of magic on few items he didn't earlier...

Could spellcraft or knowledge (arcana) help in identifying? Or discovering what potions do? Maybe by sipping infiniteismal amounts and hoping it's not dragon acid :))

But he could ask Lamm and Hookshanks, but he wouldn't believe them anyhow. :(

Anybody can do more?

I think being trained in appraise in conjuction with either detect magic or identify is the method of identification used by the Pathfinder rules. That how you're doing it Doc?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Do you think we could split up the alpha and beta groups into separate OOC threads finally. I'm getting tired of all the spoiler blocks. They don't get filtered by my email so I see a lot of stuff I am not meant to.

Oni

First Post
Do you think we could split up the alpha and beta groups into separate OOC threads finally. I'm getting tired of all the spoiler blocks. They don't get filtered by my email so I see a lot of stuff I am not meant to.

Ze spoiler blocks, ze do nothing!

I don't even read the email notifications anymore, I just take them as a sign to come look at the appropriate thread because of that very issue. Splitting the OOC thread might be a good idea though, I would hate to spoil someone elses experience.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Detect Magic:

I'm doing this the PF way (you can use Appraise *or* Knowledge (arcane) to identify magic items. The identify spell gives you a bonus. Note that D'Jhan has assistance in this matter that the other Beta characters may not be aware of (although you might get an inkling from Ambrus's recent post).

Remove ads