Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne OOC

Ambrus

Explorer
Or he can return it when he has enough? Just note it somewhere?
That'd be doable, though it'd consequently reduce everyone else's share down to 402.5 gp; at least until he can pay everyone back the 319.5 gp he owes each of them.

Ah... The wonders of fair equitable treasure division. Speaking of which, how are we to use our two wands of cure disease in the midst of this plague? It'd seem unfair to have one PC accept them as treasure if he's just going to use them to cure party members and hordes of NPCs at his own expense.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Do the rest of you guys have 1200 gold lying around? I thought Manachan had been pretty frugal, but he's got only about 400.

So what's the easiest way to work this out? If someone has enough gold to buy the bracers then sell them to Manachan so he's only paying one person back that would work. Or he could forego part or all of his share of party treasure until it's all put back in (I'd just make a spot on his character sheet and keep a running total of how much he's repaid until the entire 1278).

Also, remind me again which progression table we're using (Slow, Medium or Fast?)

Ambrus

Explorer
Do the rest of you guys have 1200 gold lying around? I thought Manachan had been pretty frugal, but he's got only about 400.
Dj'hân keeps investing his spare cash into renovating his liripoop; he's currently building a guest bedroom extension so he has little cash on hand.

Majenko actually has more cash than Dj'hân in his hoard: 1,031 gold sails. He'd be happy to lend it to you for a reasonable 10% compounded interest fee; calculated monthly with the bracelets themselves held in collateral. B-)

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Including Majenko? Can he start taking class levels? :D
how are we to use our two wands of cure disease in the midst of this plague? It'd seem unfair to have one PC accept them as treasure if he's just going to use them to cure party members and hordes of NPCs at his own expense.
Any opinions on the above?

So do we count the two wands as being jointly owned by the entire party and simply use them on every sick person we cross paths with until they're used up or are we going to be more selective about who gets cured?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Majenko gets XP, can't recall if he's eligible to start acquiring classes yet. There's a level buyout first, I think. Will check.

I don't know if you're asking me for an opinion on the wands - that's a player issue, nothing to do with me. What I will say is that the fully charged wand was given to the group as a whole in lieu of payment. You aren't officially expected (by Kroft etc.) to go around curing everyone, that duty falls to the Queen's Physicians and the priest consortium; I'm sure no-one will complain if you decided to be so altruistic but you'll use up 50 charges very quickly!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'd say such wands, healing, restoration etc. which can be used on all of us are party treasure (also, such items as fortress in a cube or similar)

As for the use, I'd say we be strict for the moment - reasoning behind it is that we cannot save everyone with one wand and we may need multiple shots as I assume we'll get into contact with the disease on more occasions (first one being pile of corpses) and we have multiple NPCs to take care of (children, Jeremiah, Vencarlo, Marshal etc)

Remove ads