• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Destiny's Tears-Prologue: A Jewel in the Shadow Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Molpe Lilypetals: Limnad/Female (Siren)

[sblock]

* Molpe had started to pout in disappointment the moment she saw Wei-Han drop his head in disappointment but her eyes quickly lit up when he presented a solution and she started to bounce up in down in excitement as she exclaimed at him. *

“Yes! Yes! Wei-Hon that will be just wonderful!”

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]

*Wei-Han is somewhat distracted by Molpe's bouncing, staring in awe at certain bouncing curves in particular, but then he blushes deeply and looks back into her eyes.*

"My aporogies, noble rady, but you are brest with beauty that is far too much for my weak-wirred mind to handre. If I have shamed you, then it brings me much dishonour. I rearise that I have been lude enough not to learn your name, nobly rady."

*His eyes become downcast again*

"If you refuse to associate with one such as I who would dishonour you so, I will undelstand, that I will."
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

[sblock]
* Molpe stops bouncing, not because of Wei-Han’s actions as they seemed innocent enough, but because she couldn’t figure out why he felt such shame. With much worry and a large frown on her ruby lips she quickly tried to explain how he did nothing wrong. *

“Wei-Hon, you’re being silly! If anything it is I who have been in the wrong! I never gave my name, its Molpe Lilypetals.”

[/sblock]

Eonthar

Explorer
Abdiel Lyanthra, Mojiin Preserver

[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
"Modari stew? Then you've come to the right place; we have the best Modari Stew in the Traveler's Ward! But I've never seen a Mojiin order a Valsian dish before. You are clearly a very special person Abdiel," she says smiling at the Mojiin kindly.

"I met a very special Valsian who served us this dish and I fell in love with it. In fact, you remind quite a bit of her."

Rystil Arden said:
"I hear that they are holding it in the Grand Amphitheatre in the Ducal Ward, by the palace, but not much else. Apparently, whoever is behind this wants to be a little bit secretive, but then, we're like that sometimes, I guess, but don't worry. It doesn't mean we don't want to be your friend!" she replies, with a twinkle in her eye.

"Where would I find this 'Grand Ampitheatre'? Actually, where would I find the Ducal Ward? I have not spent much time in cities, much less this city. Do you know where I could find a guide to lead me there?"

Rystil Arden said:
Amity ponders a moment and then asks her new friend, "What's it like, being a Mojiin? I've often wondered, but its something that I'll never be able to truly feel myself. It must be wondrous to feel the flow of life around you!"

"You mean you cannot feel the flow of life around you? How lonely you must be ... I'm sorry, I sometimes forget that others are not as connected to the world as we are. I am not sure that I can describe what it feels like to be a Mojiin, I have never been anything else. Can you describe what it is like to be a ... uhm ... a Dolathi?"

*Abdiel pauses, thinking about the question that Amity has asked*

"Well ... friend, ... the connection that I feel is like an enveloping embrace. It is always there. Comforting when I am far from home and missing my loved ones. It feels different on every planet that you go to, some planets feel friendlier and more comforting than others. The times that the feeling is the weakest is when I am in a ship travellling from one planet to another. I can feel distant tugs from the planets and spheres that we pass, and slight tugs from my fellow passengers. It is a rather lonely feeling ... it means that no matter how much I enjoy travelling to different worlds, arriving on a planet means that I will once again be within the warm embrace of the life around me."

* Abdiel looks around a little uncomfortably, he is not used to sharing such information with people that he barely knows. *

"I'm sorry. I am taking all of your time. As the owner of this establishment you must have more important things to take care of than one patron."

* Abdiel looks around, trying to find a place to sit and eat his stew. *
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
"Most Honourable and Radiant Molpe, I would not bring dishonour upon you by contradicting a word that spirrs folth flom your perfect lips, but it is I who has committed the act of dishonour, that it is. One as perfect and nobre as you could never commit a dishonour in my eyes, for it is my eyes that have dishonoured you, by overwherming my mind with the featules of your beauty when I should be paying most careful attention not to the body but to the glorious and wonderful woman who weals it, that I should."

*His face perks up a bit.*

"But come. If you would still have me, I would show you the rovery bathhouses of the Festive Ward! They are quite beautifur, though not nearry as much as you, that they are!"
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Abdiel:
[SBLOCK]
"I met a very special Valsian who served us this dish and I fell in love with it. In fact, you remind quite a bit of her."
"Oh, you have a Valsian girlfriend? That's so sweet! Is she cute?"

"Where would I find this 'Grand Ampitheatre'? Actually, where would I find the Ducal Ward? I have not spent much time in cities, much less this city. Do you know where I could find a guide to lead me there?"
"I could give you directions, but they may only confuse you more. Tell you what though: Most of the other patrons are also heading that way tomorrow, so if you make some friends with some of them, they can take you there. And if not, I'm sure I can find someone to take you there."

"Well ... friend, ... the connection that I feel is like an enveloping embrace. It is always there. Comforting when I am far from home and missing my loved ones. It feels different on every planet that you go to, some planets feel friendlier and more comforting than others. The times that the feeling is the weakest is when I am in a ship travellling from one planet to another. I can feel distant tugs from the planets and spheres that we pass, and slight tugs from my fellow passengers. It is a rather lonely feeling ... it means that no matter how much I enjoy travelling to different worlds, arriving on a planet means that I will once again be within the warm embrace of the life around me."
"How poetic and beautiful. It only makes me yearn more to feel it myself. But I shall have to settle for the warm comfort of knowing that my friends will always be here, around me in this inn, I suppose."

"Can you describe what it is like to be a ... uhm ... a Dolathi?"
It feels...everchanging and capricious, as if my life and perspective of the world could shift back and forth, twisting and turning and becoming something new all at once--and then it does! It is most liberating!"

"I'm sorry. I am taking all of your time. As the owner of this establishment you must have more important things to take care of than one patron."
"Worry not Abdiel. I always have time to make new friends. Enjoy your stew!"

*Abdiel looks around and notices an open table*
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

[sblock]
* Once again Wei-Han’s words make Molpe blush but she manages to push past that and give him a large understanding smile. *

“Oh Wei-Hon! You’re being too hard on yourself, and for no good reason. You’ve treated me wonderfully so far, I honestly couldn’t ask for a better companion and if you’re distracted by me cause you find me so beautiful... Well? Really, Wei-Hon, how is a lady suppose to complain about a compliment like that?”

Molpe gracefully extending one of her delicate hands for Wei-Han for to guide her by, “Now, if the silliness is done for now, would you please guide to these luxurious baths.”

[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Molpe:
[SBLOCK]
*Wei-Han bows*

"You are most kind to restole my honour for my indescletion, Most Honourable and Radiant Molpe, that you are. Genelous as well as beautifur!"

*He takes her hand timidly, flinching a bit at the contact even though he was technically the one to initiate it, but then he holds onto it with the firm but careful grip of one who is holding a priceless treasure in his hands.*

"Hele, forrow me!" he says as he leads her to the gates, "We will head first to the Dock Ward, through the Laborer's Ward, and then to the Festive Ward."

*The pair walk together through the gates, past a pair of smiling Altanian guards who wave them through. As they continue forward, Molpe gets a closer look at these buildings. They seem to be a hodgepodge of wood, stone, metal, and other materials that are somehow held together by sheer force of will alone, rather than the organic buildings in Amaranthia, which were lovingly grown from the ground up like a tree.*

*Wei-han points across the way to the right as you turn to go the opposite direction*

"Ovel there is the Traveler's Ward, but we are heading to the Laborer's Ward, this way," Wei-Han says conversationally, "Forgive my dishonour for asking you a personar question...but...are you a spilit? I have onry recentry moved here from Lara-Kai, and I have never before seen anyone so beautiful as you."

[/SBLOCK]

Thanee

First Post
Melody, Dolathi Eldritch Infiltrator

[SBLOCK]
There was always something new to discover in Eldiz, the ever-changing city. Melody's life had turned upside down and back around again since her prolonged stay in the capital. Even though she was a Dolathi herself, this was like a culture shock for her and even now she is not fully accustomed to the life in Eldiz. Maybe this is also one of the reasons, why she is here this evening.

A wide range of different people is found inside the inn, some Melody is seeing for the first time here, and every now and then she catches her eyes lingering a moment too long upon one of these novel sights. Some of the patrons just turn around, while others smile at her, obviously mistaking her curiosity for something else, hoping to have awoken the interest of the attractive Rowaini. Melody is already pondering, whether she should have chosen a less form-flattering dress for the evening, when she notices a familiar movement to the left.

Her long black hair swings to one side as her head turns around swiftly to see Amity waving at her, the barkeep she had met on her first stay in the Laughing Sail Inn together with her father, who seemed to know just about anyone around here... and just about everywhere else. Glad to have someone to talk to and ask for directions, Melody strides over to the bar.

“Hey Amity! Business seems to be running well tonight. Looks like I'm not the only one interested in this new convocation. Not that I expected to, in fact, I came here in the hopes to find a few like-minded people.”
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

[sblock]“A spirit?” Molpe replied, not to correct his mispronunciation, but out of confusion and shock, “Oh heavens no! To an outsider I’m a Naiad but to another Amaranthian I would be a Limnad, which is a type of Naiad that drawn to the fresh water of a lake or pond, but even a naiad is just a type of nymph. A nymph is one of two races that inhabit Amaranthia.”

* Molpe stops, realizing just how confusing Amaranthia must be for an outsider and she quickly tries to apologize. *

“I’m sorry that’s probably not much help but needless to say I’m very much physically here,” she stops walking sudden as she lifts Wei-Han’s hand to her soft delicate face smiling pleasantly at him as his hand brushes her lightly, “see? I’m very much here before you.”

[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads